Search This thread

Milad Jarjees

Sep 29, 2022
please help I have problem with my head unit always shows canbus disconnet

-895021185-1033025189.jpg

Last edited:

Milad Jarjees

Sep 29, 2022
Thank you for your reply. so as in the picture can bus disconnet So i can't use car app to know how much diesel my car uses also no warning when door open and other thing.I tried all can bus
Options all for my WV but without successful

Last edited:

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
Thank you for your reply. so as in the picture can bus disconnet So i can't use car app to know how much diesel my car uses also no warning when door open and other thing.I tried all can bus
Options all for my WV but without successful
In this case get in contact with the seller, give him all information about your car, incl. model year and what is needed and ask for the correct Can adapter. Might be the wrong one for your car.

Milad Jarjees

Sep 29, 2022
In this case get in contact with the seller, give him all information about your car, incl. model year and what is needed and ask for the correct Can adapter. Might be the wrong one for your car.
I ordered an extra head unit for Golf sportsvan 2014 he knows exactly my car . without can bus i have black screen i think it is right can bus maybe software problem that because i posted here

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
I ordered an extra head unit for Golf sportsvan 2014 he knows exactly my car . without can bus i have black screen i think it is right can bus maybe software problem that because i posted here
You just get information from the CAN if the CANbox could interpret the messages. If not, nothing is shown.
I´m still pretty sure that the CANbox is the wrong one or the settings in the head unit are wrong.

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
i mean on the black box steacker
...and I mean to read out any error message stored on the modules.
It always can be possible that any issue on the CAN sets an error code in the BCM (Body Control Modul).
BTW: If you just connect something to the CAN, you need to make sure that the CAN is terminated.
Needs to get read out with an OBD scanner.

rabbited

Mar 10, 2020
...and I mean to read out any error message stored on the modules.
It always can be possible that any issue on the CAN sets an error code in the BCM (Body Control Modul).
BTW: If you just connect something to the CAN, you need to make sure that the CAN is terminated.
Needs to get read out with an OBD scanner.
Could you explain this last message? How would you recommend looking at the CANBUS to determine whether a head unit is causing a short/issue versus another vehicle component/wiring issue? I'm having a lot of issues after installing a new stereo, but was having a few minor issues beforehand in the same general area of the vehicle.

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
Could you explain this last message? How would you recommend looking at the CANBUS to determine whether a head unit is causing a short/issue versus another vehicle component/wiring issue? I'm having a lot of issues after installing a new stereo, but was having a few minor issues beforehand in the same general area of the vehicle.
Well...
If any attached system has issues and disturbs the CAN, you will have multiple issues in this CAN.
You need to connect an oscilloscope to see what is going on on the CAN and if the signals are correct. If they are not correct, you need to find the controller or device which is disturbing the communication.

As long as this has not been fixed, you may have issues also with the radio. Analyze the issue correctly and fix what you will find.
You need to get the diagram of the CAN where the Radio is attached to and then follow the diagram to narrow that down.

At least a scan for errors with a good OBD device will help to filter out what is wrong.

Top Liked Posts