• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Please Help !!! I want my widevine L1 back. [ Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 TB-J716F ]

Search This thread

y2k

Sep 30, 2008
I got my tablet a month ago, it came with CN official rom out of the box. Of course I enjoyed watching with widevine L1 for month. But my tablet's widevine got changed from L1 to L3 for last 2 week, I neither unlocked bootloader nor changed any rom at all. Since I got the tablet, there were 3 ota updates. The lastest version is Zui13 13.0.346 I've tried to unlock and relock the bootloader so as to get widevine L1 back, but it still is L3.

How can I solve this problem, please help !!!

Last edited:

luizkun

Jan 20, 2020
I got my tablet a month ago, it came with CN official rom out of the box. Of course I enjoyed watching with widevine L1 for month. But my tablet's widevine got changed from L1 to L3 for last 2 week, I neither unlocked bootloader nor changed any rom at all. Since I got the table, there were 3 ota updates. The lastest version is Zui13 13.0.346 I've tried to unlock and relock the bootloader so as to get widevine L1 back, but it still is L3.

How can I solve this problem, please help !!!
Did you try to reset factorey after ota

arjun_m4

Jul 20, 2017
Sony Xperia 1 II
Can someone share me QCN file with Widevine L1? So I can create a solution to fix Widevine L3 issue.

If you don't know how to retrieve QCN then PM me I will explain how to do it.

Can someone share me QCN file with Widevine L1? So I can create a solution to fix Widevine L3 issue.

Which method do you use? Is it qfil or twrp? For qfil, you need to backup, edit and restorw the qcn file. For twrp, i think better backup before widevine kicked to L3, and restore modem, persist, and efs img file. Correct me if im wrong. Mine also kicked to L3 😅. I dont bother to restore back, maybe at certain time in future. Feel free to share/guide us. Thank you.

arjun_m4

Jul 20, 2017
Sony Xperia 1 II
Which method do you use? Is it qfil or twrp? For qfil, you need to backup, edit and restorw the qcn file. For twrp, i think better backup before widevine kicked to L3, and restore modem, persist, and efs img file. Correct me if im wrong. Mine also kicked to L3 😅. I dont bother to restore back, maybe at certain time in future. Feel free to share/guide us. Thank you.
QFIL method seems easy and no need to unlock bootloader and it won't mess up your QCN also.

Once I have the backup I can check, I think something changes in 2497 NV item.

Reactions: gunalarix8

arjun_m4

Jul 20, 2017
Sony Xperia 1 II
Can you try reinstalling the driver with disabling driver signature enforcement?

And try change the location to Desktop folder with name test.qcn or anything.qcn

mardon85

Jan 8, 2009
Manchester
I'm at work at the moment i'll give it another go tonight using a windows 11 install with driver signature enforcement turned off.

Does the QCN include my serial number?

arjun_m4

Jul 20, 2017
Sony Xperia 1 II
I'm at work at the moment i'll give it another go tonight using a windows 11 install with driver signature enforcement turned off.

Yes your serial number will be there but for privacy reasons.

After backing up your QCN, open it with HxD.

Using Find option look for Hex-Values

88 00 01 00 C1 09 00 00

You can find your serial number replace it with X by entering 58 and save it as edited.qcn and share so we don't have your Serial Number.

Reactions: mardon85

mardon85

Jan 8, 2009
Manchester
Sorry guys been playing around with this for a while now. I can't back up this QCN file no matter what I do??
I've tried different cables, different OS's and disabled driver signing.

Screenshot 2022-01-12 205619.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'll try and grab mine for you.
    QFIL method seems easy and no need to unlock bootloader and it won't mess up your QCN also.

88 00 01 00 C1 09 00 00

You can find your serial number replace it with X by entering 58 and save it as edited.qcn and share so we don't have your Serial Number.

I'll try and grab mine for you.

88 00 01 00 C1 09 00 00