• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Please Help !!! I want my widevine L1 back. [ Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 TB-J716F ]

Search This thread

mardon85

Jan 8, 2009
Manchester
As you can see from the screenshots I am in the correct mode and the backup button is selectable.

The Tablet is in FFBM mode. Do I need to do anything else? It is failing on Windows 10 on my desk top, laptop and a windows 11 machine.

arjun_m4

Jul 20, 2017
Sony Xperia 1 II
As you can see from the screenshots I am in the correct mode and the backup button is selectable.

The Tablet is in FFBM mode. Do I need to do anything else? It is failing on Windows 10 on my desk top, laptop and a windows 11 machine.
No just that I think the driver can be an issue.

Uninstall the current driver and follow the steps below.

Download the driver from here.

5- Go to Control Panel – Device Manager .. you will see two an unknow device.

Right click on the first one – Update Driver – browse my computer drivers - Let me pick form a list of available drivers- click on Have Disk ..- show all devices browse then go to the Qualcomm Drivers that you download earlier. Then do the same to the other unknown Driver. choose 9018 for both unknown drivers.

mardon85

Jan 8, 2009
Manchester
No just that I think the driver can be an issue.

Uninstall the current driver and follow the steps below.

Download the driver from here.

5- Go to Control Panel – Device Manager .. you will see two an unknow device.

Right click on the first one – Update Driver – browse my computer drivers - Let me pick form a list of available drivers- click on Have Disk ..- show all devices browse then go to the Qualcomm Drivers that you download earlier. Then do the same to the other unknown Driver. choose 9018 for both unknown drivers.
Is this when the tablet is plugged in in FFBM mode? As currently there are no unknown devices?

Also do you think I need root to do this? On the region lock thread someone else is having the exact same issue with a XiaoXin 12.6 which is not rooted. Same error.

arjun_m4

Jul 20, 2017
Sony Xperia 1 II
Is this when the tablet is plugged in in FFBM mode? As currently there are no unknown devices?

Also do you think I need root to do this? On the region lock thread someone else is having the exact same issue with a XiaoXin 12.6 which is not rooted. Same error.
Yes once it's in FFBM mode it shows up in device manager and no need to root or unlock. I have taken my QCN without any root

mardon85

Jan 8, 2009
Manchester
Yes once it's in FFBM mode it shows up in device manager and no need to root or unlock. I have taken my QCN without any root
I'm at a loss then. It's quite annoying as if I ever get my 12.6 back I want to have a root around in my QCN file to see if I can find the region code stuff. Ideally i'd like to change the wifi region too.

arjun_m4

Jul 20, 2017
Sony Xperia 1 II
Alright guys I have tried everything I could like changing roms, downgrading to 10, unlocking and relocking the bootloader but no luck.

Seems like there is something changed in NV data and can only be identified if I have a working Widevine L1 TB-J606F QCN file.

I have asked my seller from AliExpress to share have another working device I don't know if he will but if someone can share his P11 Widevine L1 QCN that will be great.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can someone share me QCN file with Widevine L1? So I can create a solution to fix Widevine L3 issue.

If you don't know how to retrieve QCN then PM me I will explain how to do it.
    I'll try and grab mine for you.
    Which method do you use? Is it qfil or twrp? For qfil, you need to backup, edit and restorw the qcn file. For twrp, i think better backup before widevine kicked to L3, and restore modem, persist, and efs img file. Correct me if im wrong. Mine also kicked to L3 😅. I dont bother to restore back, maybe at certain time in future. Feel free to share/guide us. Thank you.
    QFIL method seems easy and no need to unlock bootloader and it won't mess up your QCN also.

Once I have the backup I can check, I think something changes in 2497 NV item.
    I'm at work at the moment i'll give it another go tonight using a windows 11 install with driver signature enforcement turned off.

Does the QCN include my serial number?
    Yes your serial number will be there but for privacy reasons.

After backing up your QCN, open it with HxD.

Using Find option look for Hex-Values

88 00 01 00 C1 09 00 00

You can find your serial number replace it with X by entering 58 and save it as edited.qcn and share so we don't have your Serial Number.
    Can someone share me QCN file with Widevine L1? So I can create a solution to fix Widevine L3 issue.

If you don't know how to retrieve QCN then PM me I will explain how to do it.
    I'll try and grab mine for you.
    Which method do you use? Is it qfil or twrp? For qfil, you need to backup, edit and restorw the qcn file. For twrp, i think better backup before widevine kicked to L3, and restore modem, persist, and efs img file. Correct me if im wrong. Mine also kicked to L3 😅. I dont bother to restore back, maybe at certain time in future. Feel free to share/guide us. Thank you.
    QFIL method seems easy and no need to unlock bootloader and it won't mess up your QCN also.

Once I have the backup I can check, I think something changes in 2497 NV item.
    I'm at work at the moment i'll give it another go tonight using a windows 11 install with driver signature enforcement turned off.

Does the QCN include my serial number?
    Yes your serial number will be there but for privacy reasons.

After backing up your QCN, open it with HxD.

Using Find option look for Hex-Values

88 00 01 00 C1 09 00 00

You can find your serial number replace it with X by entering 58 and save it as edited.qcn and share so we don't have your Serial Number.