• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Please help i’ve tried everything else

Search This thread

vaericke

May 11, 2019
Hello is there any ethical hacker out there or at least one who could help me with my current situation. I own a Nokia 8 which I bought last year. My error is that I immediately placed the sd card of my old phone samsung j7 to the newly purchased phone not knowing it has a virus, I noticed my old phone doing crazy things when I factory reset it. Since it is rooted, the virus seemed to have taken hold of all system apps and has been updating itself and i recently noticed something fishy with my nokia 8, I tried chatting with support before but they just dismissed it. What I did exactly was to delete the folders that keep reproducing on the files folder of my nokia 8 it contained about 6 gb before and as I kept deleting it, I noticed that all my Photos 40 GB to be exact became 23gb and as i kept deleting the 1 kb files in the file folder I also deleted a DCIM folder but I think it was not thre DCIM for pictures since it was placed in unknown folders. I tried all kinds of recovery even windows based but it seems like there was nothing deleted as it would have been scanned, and it keeps saying that I need to root it. I don’t want to root it because I might give unlimited power to the hacker or to whatever virus is doing this. Please I need help desperately thanks. All my Photos and files were deleted.

kosmatyj

Oct 18, 2012
So, you have described your problem. But you did not tell nothin about what exactly you want to someone helped you with. What kind of help you are expect from the community? To repare your data? Or to kill the virus? Or maybe to cure the phone? The best way in your situation is Factory reset for phone (without SD-card) and formatting the SD-card by any tool or even Windows formatting function. If the data is need to be repared try to format the card firstly, than scan it by the R-studio or similar software for search deleted files. Most of the tools of this kind have an options to scan for the concret data like the photos, music etc. Use this option to find all kinds of images and repare it to your hard drive. As I understood from your post you have the PC virus lives at your card? Or it is Android malware? Its very difficult to help you remotely. Nobody knows what exactly happened with your card and with your phone. If the data is not very imortant for you just format the card and the phone (reset it to factory defaults) and scan your PC for viruses for more sureness.

---------- Post added at 00:20 ---------- Previous post was at 00:08 ----------

The advice I gave you is general in nature and is not required to be executed exactly. Better find among your friends or colleagues someone who understands computers and ask him to help you understand your situation. It will be most right to do.

---------- Post added at 00:31 ---------- Previous post was at 00:20 ----------

Use the Card-reader for formatting and scan of you SD-card. Dont do described things through the phone+USB cable. Card-reader only!

vaericke

May 11, 2019
So, you have described your problem. But you did not tell nothin about what exactly you want to someone helped you with. What kind of help you are expect from the community? To repare your data? Or to kill the virus? Or maybe to cure the phone? The best way in your situation is Factory reset for phone (without SD-card) and formatting the SD-card by any tool or even Windows formatting function. If the data is need to be repared try to format the card firstly, than scan it by the R-studio or similar software for search deleted files. Most of the tools of this kind have an options to scan for the concret data like the photos, music etc. Use this option to find all kinds of images and repare it to your hard drive. As I understood from your post you have the PC virus lives at your card? Or it is Android malware? Its very difficult to help you remotely. Nobody knows what exactly happened with your card and with your phone. If the data is not very imortant for you just format the card and the phone (reset it to factory defaults) and scan your PC for viruses for more sureness.

---------- Post added at 00:20 ---------- Previous post was at 00:08 ----------

The advice I gave you is general in nature and is not required to be executed exactly. Better find among your friends or colleagues someone who understands computers and ask him to help you understand your situation. It will be most right to do.

---------- Post added at 00:31 ---------- Previous post was at 00:20 ----------

Use the Card-reader for formatting and scan of you SD-card. Dont do described things through the phone+USB cable. Card-reader only!

I removed my sd card. All my photos, videos and files are in the phone memory. I want to recover at least all the photos and videos. I have not deleted them I only deleted the files in the files folder. I’m still unsure of what happened either there as a virus or my phone was hacked since it was tampered with. I guess people were interested in deleting my recordings and photos or proof

kosmatyj

Oct 18, 2012
You completely confused me. Put your card into card-reader and copy all data to PC. Then scan the card for deleted files without filter. Recover all of them to hard drive then sort recovered files which are needed and which are not. Then format the card by any formatting tool. Copy all important data from your phone to PC to safe place and do factory reset on the phone. It will destroy all data including the possible virus or whatever it was. Do not store the important data on the mobile. Do not forget to remove google account before doing factory reset, because the first start after the reset will tell that the phone is locked to account and will ask to enter login/password. If the account will be romoved before the reset you`ll be proposed to setup the mobile as a new one - like you just bought it. That`s all I can to advice to you.

Reactions: Zheno311311

vaericke

May 11, 2019
I’m sorry, i meant to say. That my photos and videos are in the phone memory not in the sd card. What I think the virus did is to hide all my photos. My lock screen images, gboard images, and wallpaper is still there which means the photos were not deleted.

kosmatyj

Oct 18, 2012
As I said - use the card-reader to explore the files on your card. Enable "Show hidden files" in Explorer to see all of data of the card. You will be able to copy files to PC even if the status is "hidden". Then uncheck attribute hidden in fole properties on eache file. Then format your card as mentioned above.
You can do the same except the formatting with the phone memory. I mean copy important files from phone to PC and "unhide" them.
Make the batch file with .cmd extention with this text:

attrib -S -H /D /S

Save it to folder containing your hidden files and execute it. It will unhide all the files in folder and you will see them in Explorer

---------- Post added at 16:17 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

It`s probably your PC is contaminated by virus that makes your files hidden, so scan it by antivirus with latest bases.

Last edited:

vaericke

May 11, 2019
Ok. Yor photos in the phone memory. So what is your problem? I don`t understand. What help you need with? What you want to do? 3 days you cant to tell what is your problem and what help you ask. Nobody will help you till you formulate a concrete question.

The problem is that the virus/hijacker has manged to hide it all. It shows as blank. All of my files even my music, only apps are working , but not doing their part. I checked with Sophos Security ( antivirus installed) that most of stock and even pre-installed apps have been modified like for example google play services : other permissions
-android.permission.USE_CREDENTIALS - no description
-android.permission.MANAGE_ACCOUNTS - no desription
-android.permission.READ_PRIVILEGED_PHONE_STATE - nod description
android.permission.ALLOCATE_AGGRESSIVE - no description
android.permission.CONNECTIVITY_USE_RESTRICTED_NETWORKS -no description
I have about 30 other permissions which are bothersome.

kosmatyj

Oct 18, 2012
The problem is that the virus/hijacker has manged to hide it all. It shows as blank. All of my files even my music, only apps are working , but not doing their part. I checked with Sophos Security ( antivirus installed) that most of stock and even pre-installed apps have been modified like for example google play services : other permissions

Ok. I said above that you can explore your files via USB cable from PC, if there no files are visible, so you can to try to enable show hidden files in options of folder: Control Panel->Explorer parameters (it may be another name in English, I`m Russian and use a Russian locale in Windows)->View-> in the end of list see check-box "Show hidden files, folders and disks". Now you must be able to see hidden files in phone memory. Copy all of them to you PC and do the script as mentioned above. put it to folder with the hidden files and run it. It will unhide all files in the folder. You can do th same with the files from SD card. Now your data is OK. After all procedures you can format the card and reset your mobile to factory reset - it will delete all possible virus or whatever it was and your phone will work well as it must to. SD card wil be clear after formatting and apps will save and use their data properly. Use it as usual. Keep your data on PC - this is much more safe then mobile.

upd.
Run Notepad copy this text
attrib -S -H /D /S
paste it to Notepad, save the file unhide.cmd, for example - it is simple Windows command line script that cleans files attributes like "hidden" "system" or "read only".

Last edited:
Reactions: Zheno311311

vaericke

May 11, 2019
Ok. I said above that you can explore your files via USB cable from PC, if there no files are visible, so you can to try to enable show hidden files in options of folder: Control Panel->Explorer parameters (it may be another name in English, I`m Russian and use a Russian locale in Windows)->View-> in the end of list see check-box "Show hidden files, folders and disks". Now you must be able to see hidden files in phone memory. Copy all of them to you PC and do the script as mentioned above. put it to folder with the hidden files and run it. It will unhide all files in the folder. You can do th same with the files from SD card. Now your data is OK. After all procedures you can format the card and reset your mobile to factory reset - it will delete all possible virus or whatever it was and your phone will work well as it must to. SD card wil be clear after formatting and apps will save and use their data properly. Use it as usual. Keep your data on PC - this is much more safe then mobile.

upd.
attrib -S -H /D /S
paste it to Notepad, save the file unhide.cmd, for example - it is simple Windows command line script that cleans files attributes like "hidden" "system" or "read only".

Okay I will try it tomorrow I just read your post. Thanks I will update the result. By the way do I need to enable usb debugging?

vaericke

May 11, 2019
No, you don`t. Connect as a storage "MTP". Good luck.

Oh. I don’t know what happened. Malwarebytes says the ransomware protection was turned off and I have the old virus I had before, I don’t know if the virus I have was the one from the Phone, which seems to be cross-platform already. Is it okay to do the show hidden files or should I format my computer first. This is so frustrating.

kosmatyj

Oct 18, 2012
What is Malwarebyte? Do "Show hiddin files". You need to backup your media, right? Do it. Media files does not victim for viruses. They are probably clean. Anyway copy files if it possible.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You completely confused me. Put your card into card-reader and copy all data to PC. Then scan the card for deleted files without filter. Recover all of them to hard drive then sort recovered files which are needed and which are not. Then format the card by any formatting tool. Copy all important data from your phone to PC to safe place and do factory reset on the phone. It will destroy all data including the possible virus or whatever it was. Do not store the important data on the mobile. Do not forget to remove google account before doing factory reset, because the first start after the reset will tell that the phone is locked to account and will ask to enter login/password. If the account will be romoved before the reset you`ll be proposed to setup the mobile as a new one - like you just bought it. That`s all I can to advice to you.

upd.
    attrib -S -H /D /S