Please help me,about warranty.

Search This thread

Sheldd

Nov 11, 2014
Iasi
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hy,i just buyed a P8 Lite and after two days i made an update from this site http://huaweifirmware.com/huawei-p8-lite (If it's wrong i will delete it) and i asked the online store from where i buyed if i will loose the warranty, they said if the update isn't OTA and i will install it manualy yes. So i want to know one thing, it s possible that they will know if it was OTA or manually ?

Lordbannakaffalatta

Feb 6, 2016
Zonhoven
Hy,i just buyed a P8 Lite and after two days i made an update from this site http://huaweifirmware.com/huawei-p8-lite (If it's wrong i will delete it) and i asked the online store from where i buyed if i will loose the warranty, they said if the update isn't OTA and i will install it manualy yes. So i want to know one thing, it s possible that they will know if it was OTA or manually ?

if everything happend correct nobody will now ;)
be sure that your bootloader is still locked and you have no root.
you warranty should be ok.
also you can upgrade to a newer version trough ota

Sheldd

Nov 11, 2014
Iasi
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
if everything happend correct nobody will now ;)
be sure that your bootloader is still locked and you have no root.
you warranty should be ok.
also you can upgrade to a newer version trough ota

Thanks for the fast answer, i didn't root it or something like this, i just downloaded the rom,put the dload folder in SD card and instaled from project menu using this code *#*#2846578#*#* After this everything was fine,after the install i got an OTA update,aroung 130 mb. Installed and that one and no problem. The reason i told you everything what i've done it's because i'm not sure if the bootloader is still locked. But i hope it is. I'm new with this phone so i don;t know to much about it and how it;s working :D

Lordbannakaffalatta

Feb 6, 2016
Zonhoven
Thanks for the fast answer, i didn't root it or something like this, i just downloaded the rom,put the dload folder in SD card and instaled from project menu using this code *#*#2846578#*#* After this everything was fine,after the install i got an OTA update,aroung 130 mb. Installed and that one and no problem. The reason i told you everything what i've done it's because i'm not sure if the bootloader is still locked. But i hope it is. I'm new with this phone so i don;t know to much about it and how it;s working :D

everything is fine. you upgraded trough an official way...
huawei supports that update and i don't think your store will now how every update from every device is rolling out so.