Please help me ROOT LG H410?

Search This thread

Soft-Man

Sep 6, 2012
I tried methods with Send_command.exe on LG H410 Smart Wine (Lilipop 5.1.1) and also receiving #FAIL from Send_Command . But LEAVE command is working fine and restarts the phone. How can I make root?
Firmware v10c:
drive.google.com/file/d/0BzNfkgQOM0SudTREcFNQZTNhdmc/view?usp=sharing
opensource firmware v10a:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B2QhEXa2ySgkX21kZzl0TC1FQlU/view?usp=sharing
if it help

Reactions: Night on the web

[email protected]

Oct 11, 2014
I tried methods with Send_command.exe on LG H410 Smart Wine (Lilipop 5.1.1) and also receiving #FAIL from Send_Command . But LEAVE command is working fine and restarts the phone. How can I make root?
Firmware v10c:
if it help
If not all but most except maybe certain samsung devices are easily rootable without PC by using kingroot v4.5.2 latest version, download and install and sit back watch successfully root your phone

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Soft-Man

Sep 6, 2012
If not all but most except maybe certain samsung devices are easily rootable without PC by using kingroot v4.5.2 latest version, download and install and sit back watch successfully root your phone

I tried kingroot kingoroot and other similar techniques, none of them does not give the desired result.

[email protected]

Oct 11, 2014
I tried kingroot kingoroot and other similar techniques, none of them does not give the desired result.
Have you tried latest version of kingoroot?
Also try PC and android version of v/iROOT

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

There's also rootgenius PC version that have worked #!

Soft-Man

Sep 6, 2012
Have you tried latest version of kingoroot?
Also try PC and android version of v/iROOT

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

There's also rootgenius PC version that have worked #!

Yes, tried. Not working. and where is samsung if LG?

Night on the web

Mar 10, 2012
Firmware v10c:
if it help

Have you found a solution to your problem yet?

BTW, which version of the smartphone are you using? Europe/USA/carrier etc... ?

switcher

May 30, 2007
Puddingtown
hey there soft-man !

obviously you found a a solution to install twrp on the h410, i saw it at http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=682101

could you please make a small tutorial in english and post it here ?
.. and reupload the tools we need to install twrp (LG_H410__Flash_Recovery.rar) << dead link

i already installed root and crashed my device by deleting to the wrong system app ... reinstall fw via lg flash tool fails

now twrp is my only hope !

thanks a zillion !!!

switcher

May 30, 2007
Puddingtown
once again: does anybody here managed to (re)flash the firmware on the h410 ?
my device is trapped at the android logo ;(

what i did is unsuccessfully tried to flash a *.kdz with flashtool 2014. lg bridge is aborting update and lgup shows device not supported
download modus is available but cant connect device via adb.

any help is greatly appreciated

Vuche

Ok, after spending a few hours on my LG smart wine (EU version) and with the help of the guys on 4PDA, here is my little how to for rooting our LG H410:

Beware, I'm not responsible if anything goes wrong with the manipulation on your phone and all this was only possible thanks to the people over at 4PDA.ru, thanks to them! I am/was on firmware V10e-EUR-XX official.

1) Use Kinguser apk to get root on your device (don't worry, you can uninstall it later through superSU).
2) Install Flashify and backup your current/original recovery. You'll need to be root to use flashify, that's why we need #1) first. You'll find flashify on the play store.
3) Install TWRP recovery either through flashify or with flash.bat found in LG_H410__Flash_Recovery.rar (this one will be russified, but you can always go through flashify and install the english version afterwards !EDIT!: Since the file was too large to upload, I took the russian recovery.img out of the zif archive. You'll will have to unpack it, copy the recovery_en.img provided after having renamed it to recovery.img, and it should work).
4) Install latest stable or Beta superSU.zip (search google for the official maintainer/version and copy it on your microSD card) from within TWRP.
5) Restart the phone
6) If you open superSU, it will ask you possibly to update the binaries and then to uninstall the other software that might interfere (it's Kinguser). So just say yes and it will take care of everything.
7) (optional) If you're like me needing more storage place on your device, install Link2SD from the play store. If I'm right, you'll need to have a second partition on your SD card (Ext4 file system), after the Fat32 one, to be able to move your apps to the SD card with Link2SD. I even bought the Plus version in order to be able to move the whole app.

You can use MiniTool Partition Wizard Free to set your partitions on th card. Add the new primary partition in Ext4 AFTER the Fat32 one, otherwise windows won't recognise your card.

I forgot to backup my stock recovery before flashing the new one, but all should be fine for you if you do it in the order above.

You have to unpack recovery_en.zip and flash the .img you have in the folder, don't flash the zif through TWRP, it won't work. And don't forget to rename it to recovery.img if you use it within the LG_H410__Flash_Recovery folder.

Once again, thank the people who did the job over at 4PDA, especially Soft-Man for trying out things, they did all the work. I'll try to attach the files needed here.

Hope it will help someone, have fun with your phone!

Attachments

• Kinguser_4.6.0.apk
    5 MB · Views: 425
  • recovery_en.zip
    12.9 MB · Views: 385
  • UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.65-20151226141550.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 319
  • LG_H410__Flash_Recovery_no_recovery.img.zip
    10 MB · Views: 415

Vuche

Of course you can, if you want to keep the official recovery (probably better if you want to be able to install official OTA updates).

I would still install SuperSU through flashify though (I think you can do so without having a modded recovery installed, but I'm not sure), and get rid of Kinguser the way I described it. Thing is I don't really trust those rooting apk, you never know what they install and what they keep track of on your phone... Not sure what's left of it when you uninstall it either.

Tell us how it worked for you.

Naruto7g

Feb 26, 2011
:laugh:
Ok, after spending a few hours on my LG smart wine (EU version) and with the help of the guys on 4PDA, here is my little how to for rooting our LG H410:

Beware, I'm not responsible if anything goes wrong with the manipulation on your phone and all this was only possible thanks to the people over at 4PDA.ru, thanks to them! I am/was on firmware V10e-EUR-XX official.

1) Use Kinguser apk to get root on your device (don't worry, you can uninstall it later through superSU).
2) Install Flashify and backup your current/original recovery. You'll need to be root to use flashify, that's why we need #1) first. You'll find flashify on the play store.
3) Install TWRP recovery either through flashify or with flash.bat found in LG_H410__Flash_Recovery.rar (this one will be russified, but you can always go through flashify and install the english version afterwards !EDIT!: Since the file was too large to upload, I took the russian recovery.img out of the zif archive. You'll will have to unpack it, copy the recovery_en.img provided after having renamed it to recovery.img, and it should work).
4) Install latest stable or Beta superSU.zip (search google for the official maintainer/version and copy it on your microSD card) from within TWRP.
5) Restart the phone
6) If you open superSU, it will ask you possibly to update the binaries and then to uninstall the other software that might interfere (it's Kinguser). So just say yes and it will take care of everything.
7) (optional) If you're like me needing more storage place on your device, install Link2SD from the play store. If I'm right, you'll need to have a second partition on your SD card (Ext4 file system), after the Fat32 one, to be able to move your apps to the SD card with Link2SD. I even bought the Plus version in order to be able to move the whole app.

You can use MiniTool Partition Wizard Free to set your partitions on th card. Add the new primary partition in Ext4 AFTER the Fat32 one, otherwise windows won't recognise your card.

I forgot to backup my stock recovery before flashing the new one, but all should be fine for you if you do it in the order above.

You have to unpack recovery_en.zip and flash the .img you have in the folder, don't flash the zif through TWRP, it won't work. And don't forget to rename it to recovery.img if you use it within the LG_H410__Flash_Recovery folder.

Once again, thank the people who did the job over at 4PDA, especially Soft-Man for trying out things, they did all the work. I'll try to attach the files needed here.

Thank you very much.
When I work as the indicated method from you, root has come. (LGS01 of a Japanese local edition of H410).

By the way I can't start bootloader moode in LGS01, can you start it in H410?

When it's done, please tell me the way which can be done.

I'd like to use LGS01 by a DIAG mode.
(I'd like to add a frequency.).

Night on the web

Mar 10, 2012
Of course you can, if you want to keep the official recovery (probably better if you want to be able to install official OTA updates).

I would still install SuperSU through flashify though (I think you can do so without having a modded recovery installed, but I'm not sure),

Yeah, i get it. My goal is just to get root and being able to install titanium backup. No need for further modding. I will investigate about installing SuperSU through flashify with stock recovery.

:good:

switcher

May 30, 2007
Puddingtown
After finally reactivating my phone i like to share some bugs in stock firmware.

First of all LED notification: Is there a workaround for the blinking time, i find 15 seconds are much to long, i like to have 2 seconds. Tried some third party apps but the ideal solution would be by modyfing the stock app.
Second the T9: Its horrible ! Is there a way to switch it off ? By deleting the XT9. apk i totally messed it up and only have the numbers left.
Third of all, the keyboard .. Is there a good alternative with bigger (resizable) keys. Currently am using big buttons keyboard but am not really happy with it

mackowiakp

Jul 26, 2011
Gdynia
I try to root LG H410 (EU version) but after installing Kinguser apk, root was not available so Flashify rapport an error about impossibility to access root.
My version of software is V10c-260-01

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

5) Restart the phone

that's what I've used for mosT LG and never failed,
    in this case it does not work
    Yes, of course I use the latest versions of software
    hey there soft-man !

obviously you found a a solution to install twrp on the h410, i saw it at http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=682101

could you please make a small tutorial in english and post it here ?
    .. and reupload the tools we need to install twrp (LG_H410__Flash_Recovery.rar) << dead link

i already installed root and crashed my device by deleting to the wrong system app ... reinstall fw via lg flash tool fails

now twrp is my only hope !

thanks a zillion !!!
    Firmware v10c:
    if it help