• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Please help me ROOT my MT6737 Phone

Search This thread

Bharathbigb

Mar 17, 2016
Hello everyone,Namaste.Regards from India!

Last September,I bought a new phone called the Kult Beyond and it was a good phone for the Price.It's a little under $100 and myself being a student,couldn't really spend too much over that.Previously,I had an iPhone 3GS which I rescued from a recycling Center for $30 bucks,4 years ago.iOS 6.1.6 Jailbroken and was a lot of fun.But soon enough,I found it to be lacking in many aspects.So I bought this new phone,My first Android phone and I was OK with it for a while,But soon enough,I realized that it's very average and software optimization is kind of missing.3GB RAM and at idle,Only 900MB is free.Then I found it's all that System Bloatware which cannot be removed.I then learned that with ROOT,We can remove them! Also learned that Root can allow to mess with CPU/GPU Voltage and Clock settings which can help with battery life as well!

But I ran into another problem - Media*******Tek.I tried MONTHS of rooting the phone using various methods right from KingRoot.etc and NONE worked.I read that the newer MTK-equipped phones are very hard,near-impossible to root compared to Snapdragon due to many reasons such as the Mass fragmentation of MTK-Based devices.etc

Here is the specsheet of my phone

Device I.D - 33DE8604CFF9E987
Serial Number - K1950A1X77150008
Kernel Version - 3.18.35
MediaTek MT6737 Quad Core 1.25Ghz CPU
3GB RAM,32GB ROM
13MP Front and 13MP Rear Camera with Dual LED Flash
3000MaH Battery
Android 7.0 Nougat

Can anyone here please help me root my device so that I can atleast try to fix the sluggish performance at times due to some unwanted System Bloatware using the Memory and CPU Excessively ? Thanks a lot!

Augustoandro

Jun 20, 2017
Pune

Last September,I bought a new phone called the Kult Beyond and it was a good phone for the Price.It's a little under $100 and myself being a student,couldn't really spend too much over that.Previously,I had an iPhone 3GS which I rescued from a recycling Center for $30 bucks,4 years ago.iOS 6.1.6 Jailbroken and was a lot of fun.But soon enough,I found it to be lacking in many aspects.So I bought this new phone,My first Android phone and I was OK with it for a while,But soon enough,I realized that it's very average and software optimization is kind of missing.3GB RAM and at idle,Only 900MB is free.Then I found it's all that System Bloatware which cannot be removed.I then learned that with ROOT,We can remove them! Also learned that Root can allow to mess with CPU/GPU Voltage and Clock settings which can help with battery life as well!

But I ran into another problem - Media*******Tek.I tried MONTHS of rooting the phone using various methods right from KingRoot.etc and NONE worked.I read that the newer MTK-equipped phones are very hard,near-impossible to root compared to Snapdragon due to many reasons such as the Mass fragmentation of MTK-Based devices.etc

Kernel Version - 3.18.35
3GB RAM,32GB ROM
3000MaH Battery
Android 7.0 Nougat

Can anyone here please help me root my device so that I can atleast try to fix the sluggish performance at times due to some unwanted System Bloatware using the Memory and CPU Excessively ? Thanks a lot!
Go on this thread:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

Make sure you have unlocked bootloader before following the steps given in the above thread.
Since you have Mediatek device, you should use the custom boot img method given in the thread.

HIT THANKS IF FOUND USEFUL

Reactions: Bharathbigb

Bharathbigb

Mar 17, 2016
Go on this thread:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

Make sure you have unlocked bootloader before following the steps given in the above thread.
Since you have Mediatek device, you should use the custom boot img method given in the thread.

Custom Boot.img ? I couldnt find it anywhere there and also the process requires Stock Boot.img,Where and how do I find it ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Custom Boot.img ? I couldnt find it anywhere there and also the process requires Stock Boot.img,Where and how do I find it ?
    You will have to search the internet for it. Try androidmtk.com or firmwarefile.com

Kernel Version - 3.18.35
    3GB RAM,32GB ROM
    3000MaH Battery
    Android 7.0 Nougat

Go on this thread: