Please help me to get 5G connection on Galaxy 5G Mobile Wi-Fi SCR01

Search This thread

showmak

Dec 24, 2015
I purchased Galaxy 5G Mobile Wi-Fi SCR01 router from Japan, my SIM supports 5G and we have coverage of 5G network all over the place in my country.

I have entered the correct APN and currently can only get 4G connection.

I can access the "service mode" but I need you to help me to get 5G working. I really appreciate your help.

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

macsonski

Oct 24, 2022
Ok. So I was able to change the two setting in the menu. When I reboot the unit the screen shows 5G. But as soon as I type in my PIN to access the unit, the 5G goes to 4G and won’t go back to 5G.

Any suggestions?

showmak

Dec 24, 2015
Ok. So I was able to change the two setting in the menu. When I reboot the unit the screen shows 5G. But as soon as I type in my PIN to access the unit, the 5G goes to 4G and won’t go back to 5G.

Any suggestions?
Do you have a good 5G coverage in your area? Have you entered your service provider APN?

Go to Communication setting menu > Communication mode > and change from Standard (ST) to Plus area (+A), this will expand the coverage.

toyanster

Nov 11, 2022
Hello, I am also wondering if there is a way to force 5G network? My area has 5G network, it is covered by the provider in their map, and everytime i restart it, it connects to 5G first, then it goes to 4G perhaps because 4G has stronger reception but I would like to also just keep it on 5G, the connection is still faster on 5G even if it has half the reception,

cristomar

Dec 1, 2022
I purchased Galaxy 5G Mobile Wi-Fi SCR01 router from Japan, my SIM supports 5G and we have coverage of 5G network all over the place in my country.

I can access the "service mode" but I need you to help me to get 5G working. I really appreciate your help.

View attachment 5662051

View attachment 5662053

View attachment 5662055
Hi, it took me a long time to understand how to configure the apn. Do you think you could tell me how you did it? I would really appreciate it

cristomar

Dec 1, 2022

View attachment 5662051

View attachment 5662053

View attachment 5662055
Hi, it took me a long time to understand how to configure the apn. Do you think you could tell me how you did it? I would really appreciate it

cristomar

Dec 1, 2022
You should enter the APN of your service provider in the settings.
The problem I find is not the apn, it turns out that it does not give me a signal, I think I made a wrong purchase, I don't know if it can work with at&t in Mexico, if someone could help me or knows how to configure it, I would appreciate it, I am about to return since I It's useless where I am

showmak

Dec 24, 2015
The problem I find is not the apn, it turns out that it does not give me a signal, I think I made a wrong purchase, I don't know if it can work with at&t in Mexico, if someone could help me or knows how to configure it, I would appreciate it, I am about to return since I It's useless where I am
Have you tried this APN?
modem.nexteldata.com.mx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @molexs the main purpose of having this router is for mifi usage only and I don't have any plan to root it, but locking to a specific band might be useful but I don't know how to install apps on the device, is it straight forward?
    First of all, you need to install a launcher for your device to use the Android system. Install the Nova launcher APK through ADB and make it the default launcher.After entering the Nova launcher, I believe you should know how to install APK.
    Just cancel the list restriction in service mode, and then reboot
    Thanks. Unfortunately I don't have it right now with me, but when I get back home I will try it and let you know.
    I successfully activated 5g in Asia, I believe you can too. If you have any questions, please contact me again
    我的朋友,我真的不知道如何感谢你,它就像你说的那样奏效。我挣扎了大约一个月,正在考虑出售或退回路由器,但我想现在我会保留它。

如果您有任何其他技巧可以使该路由器发挥最佳性能,那就太好了。

非常感谢🤞
    There is no way to root this phone, so there is no way to improve performance. I just use it as a mifi. If you want to use a proxy, you can download everproxy to set the ip. I actually have some software that locks the bands, if you don't have them, you can download and use them. Here is the link:download.That's all, I wish you a happy use.And if you are able to root this device in the future, please be sure to contact me again~