Please help me to get a Custom ROM for Huawei Y5 2017 MYA-L13 HWMYA-L6737

Search This thread

metafaniel

May 7, 2015
CDMX
Hi, I've been researching and I wasn't able to successfully flash a custom ROM for this model.
Following the procedures in other threads tutorials, I was able to flash the following ROMS:

DOT-N-v1.2-20180717-y5-UNOFFICIAL.zip

lineage-14.1-20180715-UNOFFICIAL-y5.zip

To be able to flash them, I had to change the ´updater-script´ to be able to bypass the only Y5 model condition, as I was getting an error regarding my current model is: hwmya_L6737.
I wasn't able to run Lineage and DotOS I was able to boot but WiFi was unresponsive and it didn't detect any SIM card, making this ROM unusable...

I was able to restore my phone back to the state it was (Stock ROM and rooted) thanks to a TWRP backup.
I used this devices comparison to attempt to find equivalent ROMs according to the devices similar to MYA-L13 (which is the one I own) to no avail...

SO... I tried my best with these attempts but I'm back where I began!
I've been researching but I haven't found any other suitable Custom ROM for this device.
Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

OR:
Alternatively, I was able to flash and boot into the above DotOS version, but I wasn't able to detect the SIM card, and also the WiFi even if it seems to work, is disconected almost instantly... I guess it has something to do with the chipset or something beyond my knowledge.
Can someone please help me out regarding this?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

andr123a

Feb 2, 2013
Hi, I've been researching and I wasn't able to successfully flash a custom ROM for this model.
Following the procedures in other threads tutorials, I was able to flash the following ROMS:

DOT-N-v1.2-20180717-y5-UNOFFICIAL.zip

lineage-14.1-20180715-UNOFFICIAL-y5.zip

To be able to flash them, I had to change the ´updater-script´ to be able to bypass the only Y5 model condition, as I was getting an error regarding my current model is: hwmya_L6737.
I wasn't able to run Lineage and DotOS I was able to boot but WiFi was unresponsive and it didn't detect any SIM card, making this ROM unusable...

I was able to restore my phone back to the state it was (Stock ROM and rooted) thanks to a TWRP backup.
I used this devices comparison to attempt to find equivalent ROMs according to the devices similar to MYA-L13 (which is the one I own) to no avail...

SO... I tried my best with these attempts but I'm back where I began!
I've been researching but I haven't found any other suitable Custom ROM for this device.
Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

OR:
Alternatively, I was able to flash and boot into the above DotOS version, but I wasn't able to detect the SIM card, and also the WiFi even if it seems to work, is disconected almost instantly... I guess it has something to do with the chipset or something beyond my knowledge.
Can someone please help me out regarding this?

Thanks in advance!
Hi, how did you change the updater script file? I have an Y6 MYA-L11 phone but i'm not able to skip model error message (I tried to change all "SCL-L02" with "hwmya_L6737" in the updater script file but it didn't work).
Another question, did you finally find a working rom?