Please help me to root Ulefone X8

Search This thread

phaleg

Jul 20, 2012
Velletri, RM
bit.ly
I found these 3 tutorial and they do not work to me because the fastboot commands do not run despite it is enabled in dev options the 2 things (OEM unlock and debug mode)...

it stops because device is not recognised in fastboot

the 2 apps like Kingroot and KingoRoot they both fail as android app and also the PC app gives the same
the option with Magisk app, it loads but probably newer versions do not give you chance to root direct mode. It asks you to locate a file as tar ball or another format that I have no idea where to take them. From the tutorial ilnk you get *.apk to rename as *.zip, still different file format they want

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-install-magisk/
It requires a custom recovery that I do not have :(

phaleg

Jul 20, 2012
Velletri, RM
bit.ly
Thanks man,

unfortunately, yesterday I kind of screwed it up:
I managed to unlock the bootloader,
reboot system and all good (reactivated dev options w/debug and OEM unlock was active)
flash TWRP
boot TWRP
flash Magisk
reboot and bootloop forever.

I could not turn off device at all, not even keeping power off. My device is still in fastboot, that was my only choice available because also TWRP does not boot. If you know an ADB/fastboot command to turn off, please tell me

Later I will try to find tutorial to solve this :(

Pooh042

Sep 13, 2007
Samara
Thanks man,

unfortunately, yesterday I kind of screwed it up:
I managed to unlock the bootloader,
reboot system and all good (reactivated dev options w/debug and OEM unlock was active)
flash TWRP
boot TWRP
flash Magisk
reboot and bootloop forever.

I could not turn off device at all, not even keeping power off. My device is still in fastboot, that was my only choice available because also TWRP does not boot. If you know an ADB/fastboot command to turn off, please tell me

Later I will try to find tutorial to solve this :(
reflash original firmware

Reactions: phaleg

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone