• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Please help. Not receiving notifications when on cellular.

Search This thread

stonebriar

May 13, 2020
For the life of me I can't figure out why I don't receive any notifications while I am not on wifi. This has been going on for a year now but only recently have I been watching my email awaiting something important. When I get home and connect to wifi I am barraged by notifications from email apps, linkedin, etc.

-There is no battery saver or adaptive battery mode on.
-My email apps are not being battery optimized.
-Do not disturb is off.
-I am rooted but have no Lxposed modules installed.
-For Magisk I only have Google pay related modules installed, besides the obvious Riru core etc.

Any help would be appreciated!

stonebriar

May 13, 2020
The issues turns out to be AdAway for some reason when it's on I don't get notifications on cellular. But when I pause app I get notifications again. Any idea why?

Last edited:

flash713

May 7, 2015
Google Pixel 4 XL
@stonebriar
You can try deleting existing apn xml and swapping it with my apn xml I've attached to this post. Sometimes in custom roms the apn xmls get messed up and result is no data or bad connection...
Are you using a custom rom? If so and you are on Android 11 custom rom grab your favorite root file manager app and give it root permission. Navigate to /product/etc/ and /system/product/etc/ and delete your current apns-conf.xml file in those two locations. Now in your /system/product/etc/ copy then paste the file I'm linking here in to that directory, where the one was you already deleted was... Now long press it and select permissions and make permissions on the apns-conf.xml set to 0644. After that navigate to phone settings/network and internet/mobile network/ scroll to last selection which is "access point names." Select it and sleepy little 3 dot menu thingy in top left of screen, select "reset to default." Now give it about 60 seconds and you'll know if this was an apn issue because your data/LTE will show up in your status bar. When it does reboot system and you are good to go. This cannot in any way harm your device. It will either work if it's an apn issue or if it's not an apn issue it won't work. I hope it helps someone.

Credit for this goes to spaceminer here on XDA. I came across his post explaining this year's ago and have used it many times on many devices and it's worked every time! And of course credit goes to XDA for being XDA and letting us have a spot to read and learn new things! 💯

apns-conf.xml download: https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZBULKXZ4HjpgTXPOszUoQAxxpLReuJtUk6X

~flash713