Please Help Root My Not Supported 2018 Virus infested Unbranded Chinese Android phone

OfficiantOne

Feb 23, 2019
I've been all over trying to find a root that'll help delete these preinstalled apps with viruses on this darn Android phone. They all say root failed Not Supported. I don't need to root for major installs, I need it to delete these apps, that's all. The phone's an unbranded model: A9 (2018), CPU: MTK6592 Octa core, Android 8.1, Kernal version 3.10.72, RAM 4G & ROM 64G. Also if I can't personally root this phone do you think I can take it to a pro and have them to do it. Someone, please help.

Lusty Rugnuts

Apr 17, 2019
Well, you'll have to get the correct files (scatter file, TWRP installer, etc.), but try this procedure:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/ge...ng-unlocking-bootloader-t3812910/post79358295

Don't use the files for the Blu Life One X3, each phone has its own files, and using the wrong ones will brick your phone.

But I've found that (for the Blu Life One X3, with a Mediatek MT6753 chipset) just as the phone shuts down, it drops all security, allowing one to push TWRP to the phone as bootloader. That's your 'in' to getting the thing rooted, even if your bootloader can't be unlocked.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018
But I've found that (for the Blu Life One X3, with a Mediatek MT6753 chipset) just as the phone shuts down, it drops all security, allowing one to push TWRP to the phone as bootloader. That's your 'in' to getting the thing rooted, even if your bootloader can't be unlocked.
Wow. That is probably the dumbest root method i've ever seen. xD

Lusty Rugnuts

Apr 17, 2019
Ah, I see.

It's a good thing that MTK's chipset has this vulnerability... and I don't think MTK can quash it without a major revamp of their chipset architecture, which they likely wouldn't undertake just to stop a few folks rooting their devices.

What surprises me is that the entire Android industry hasn't embraced rooting. There are ways nowadays to ensure the phone isn't stolen (fingerprints, PINs, etc), so why they continue to fight it is beyond me... there's more innovation on the rooting and FOSS side than on the 'lock it down' side. Innovation and openness is what drives users to use the phones in the first place. If we wanted a 'walled garden' user experience, we'd go with Apple... with the understanding that Apple knows everything about us, and with the hope that Apple doesn't go Google-evil.

I'll go with a known-evil company that I can lock out rather than a company that may someday go evil (or may be evil, but no one knows they are), but which cannot be locked out even the slightest bit.