Please help, Samsung A11 - TRWP problem

Search This thread

gokund

Jul 21, 2007
Hi everyone,
Recently I purchased and Samsung A11. I wanted to root it and unlocked the bootloader first. Than I used Odin to install TRWP recovery. Odin showed "PASS" and I was supposed to press certain buttons which didn't work. Phone kept coming back to "Download Mode" although I pressed those buttons. So I was stuck. The only option was to cancel the download mode, so I pressed volume down + power button for more than 7 seconds. That was the end :( Now the phone turns on until I see the Samsung logo, there's a small vibration but it can't go forward. It resets back and now stuck in a loop. None of the buttons work including Volume Down+Power combination. Don't know what I am supposed to do now. Can anybody help?
Thanks...

ineedroot69

• Nov 13, 2019
    Yeah, veeeery proud :)
    I plan to let it die on battery and will try to see if I can turn on "Download Mode" after recharging. Do you think it may work?
    it wouldn't ... usually the cause of bootloop is certain corrupted partition and as long as that partition is corrupted it would keep bootlooping.

if you doesn't know what your doing your best bet is Take it to authorized service center and let them fix it. like what @jwoubeir said

Last edited:
    Reactions: gokund

ineedroot69

• Nov 13, 2019
    I don't have the A11 model but have used this on other A models that were in the same loop.
    Press the volume up and down at the sametime and plug in the usb cable.
    This has to be done within a second or two after it vibrates and before it reboots and will likely take a few tries. Good Luck
    great tip work on ADB too anyway OP is provably using sp flashtool since his phone is samsung so this method would be rather tricky

gokund

Jul 21, 2007
    Yayy, I managed to get into the "Download mode" doing exactly how @sammiev told and I tried flashing another TRWP file thinking that might have caused the problem but nothing has changed. Same loop again ! So I flashed the original ROM back using Odin and it's back live again :) Thanks for the help guys. But to be honest, I am still curious. What might be the problem in not getting TRWP flashing going right?

Last edited:

gokund

Jul 21, 2007
    Used that method of a few peoples Samsung phones. Worked for me every time. It's just to get the timing right.
    Sure you have the correct TWRP?
    I tried again from scratch with a new TRWP file and the result is the same. Odin shows "PASS" but the "Download Mode" screen gives the error as in the photo:

TRWP.jpg

My phone model is A115F and I downloaded the TRWP file from this link:

The version I used is "twrp-3.5.0_10-3_afaneh92-a11q.tar"

I also tried rooting with Magisk without the need of TRWP installation. That was also unsuccesfull. Odin was PASS but I got bootloader screen saying Secure Check Fail : vbmeta

Here's the screenshot of Magisk fail in "Download Mode"

Magisk.jpg

Can't figure out what's wrong ...

gokund

Jul 21, 2007
    Have you flashed the latest stock rom to this device?
    Was there other TWRP files for this model?
    Is other people having trouble with this model?
    I never worked on A11 Samsung yet
    I would hate to give you bad info and have you brick your phone.
    Following your advice, I managed to get into the Download Mode and I flashed the original rom. So phone is up and running now but not rooted. So I've been trying to root again first with Magisk to bypass the need of TRWP installation and with others which need TRWP installation first. There seems to be something blocking the flashing of anything other than the original rom !! On the link I shared above, there are other (older version) TRWP files. Shall I try them?

Last edited:
    Following your advice, I managed to get into the Download Mode and I flashed the original rom. So phone is up and running now but not rooted. So I've been trying to root again first with Magisk to bypass the need of TRWP installation and with others which need TRWP installation first. There seems to be something blocking the flashing of anything other than the original rom !! On the link I shared above, there are other (older version) TRWP files. Shall I try them?
    Usually the latest TWRP with the latest firmware.

Reactions: gokund

Fandroid Tech

Jan 23, 2018
    Check my profile, your KG stated is ****ed. There is nothing you can do about it, there is abosulutly no way to fix this without unsoldering the eMMC and resetting it entirely. Some people on 4PDA had the same problem and found no fix. I was hopping to develop a custom rom but I cant as my kg state is prenormal. This mexican dude on youtube fixes devices with KG and FRP issues, but yeah this aint something that you can do at home. At least I learned not to buy any samsung devices in the future https://www.youtube.com/c/TeamOcmineMMCBootRepair

edit: nvm your oem is unlocked, you can just flash the vbmeta reset script via odia and everything should flash fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Thanks but how can I do that? Phone doesn't turn on, so PC cannot recognise...
      As I can see you are proud owner of a softbricked phone.
      Take it to authorized service center and let them fix it. :)
      Yeah, veeeery proud :)
      I plan to let it die on battery and will try to see if I can turn on "Download Mode" after recharging. Do you think it may work?
      it wouldn't ... usually the cause of bootloop is certain corrupted partition and as long as that partition is corrupted it would keep bootlooping.

if you doesn't know what your doing your best bet is Take it to authorized service center and let them fix it. like what @jwoubeir said
      I don't have the A11 model but have used this on other A models that were in the same loop.
      Press the volume up and down at the sametime and plug in the usb cable.
      This has to be done within a second or two after it vibrates and before it reboots and will likely take a few tries. Good Luck
      Yayy, I managed to get into the "Download mode" doing exactly how @sammiev told
      Used that method of a few peoples Samsung phones. Worked for me every time. It's just to get the timing right.
      Sure you have the correct TWRP?
      Usually the latest TWRP with the latest firmware.