• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question please Help - Stuck in recovery Bootloop after downgrade from MIUI 12 V12.1.4.0.RFDEUXM to MIUI 12 V12.1.3.0.RFDEUXM via update app

Search This thread

Nautzzz

Jun 16, 2021
Hello Android-Wizzards,

i am stuck in a Bootloop to stock recovery mode since i tried to downgrade my mi note 10 pro from MIUI 12 V12.1.4.0.RFDEUXM to MIUI 12 V12.1.3.0.RFDEUXM via the update app .

After the OTA update to 12.1.4. i could not make any calls anymore so i searched for a way to downgrade to 12.1.3, where the problem was not present. I did it with the internal update app and followed this instruction: https://www.world-today-news.com/th...evert-your-xiaomi-a-buggy-update-xiaomi-news/

Sadly i didnt make a backup before anf after the rom finished installing it only boots to stock recovery anymore. If i try to connect the device via "Connect with MIAssistant" it does not work.

I searched the forums but i cant find a way to install MIUI 12 V12.1.4.0.RFDEUXM again.

The tutorials mention that if i want to recover my phone i have to use MIflash or fastboot flash which both need a unlocked bootloader according to the tutorials.

Sadly i did NOT unlock the bootloader when the phone was working normal and i dont see a method to umlock the bootloader an a bricked / bottloped mi note 10 pro.

Its bad enough that cause i didnt make a backup befor i tried to downgrad i must assume that all my pbhotos i took this year with my note 10 pro are lost forever, Mi cloud backup is full since last year and i didnt bother to pay for more space, another bad decicion in hindsight but is there a way i can restore my phone?

Please help, i dunno what else to do to get my phone booting up agian.

Had a simmilar problem with an older mi phone of mine a few years ago and then it wasnt a problem cause i could easyli flash it with MIflash, but dunno since when you have to unlock bootloader first and since i didnt know that my phone has a locked bootloader, never minded to unlock it.

Nautzzz

Jun 16, 2021
Discoverd "xiaomiadb"->https://www.xiaomitool.com/adb

and tried to flash the rom with this tool in recovery mode but it givs an error :(

I dont have a clue what else could unbrick my phone. If anyone has a clue, please reply.

"
C:\XiaomiADB>xiaomiadb sideload_miui miui_TUCANAEEAGlobal_V12.1.4.0.RFDEUXM_e8e5eb8af6_11.0.zip
* Miui sideload made by Francesco Tescari, updated 02 Feb 2018 *
* Checking device status *
* Getting recovery info *
* Creating file MD5 hash *
* Querying ota update server, attempt #0 *
Data partition format might not be necessary and will NOT be done automatically after installation.
If the device doesn't reboot or some apps crash after reboot, you need to manually format the device using "format-data" command!
* Starting sideload *

ERROR: Sideload error -> adb: failed to read command: No error
Installation FAILED!, press ENTER to exit
"

varunangirash

Apr 20, 2012
Karnal
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Discoverd "xiaomiadb"->https://www.xiaomitool.com/adb

and tried to flash the rom with this tool in recovery mode but it givs an error :(

I dont have a clue what else could unbrick my phone. If anyone has a clue, please reply.

"
C:\XiaomiADB>xiaomiadb sideload_miui miui_TUCANAEEAGlobal_V12.1.4.0.RFDEUXM_e8e5eb8af6_11.0.zip
* Miui sideload made by Francesco Tescari, updated 02 Feb 2018 *
* Checking device status *
* Getting recovery info *
* Creating file MD5 hash *
* Querying ota update server, attempt #0 *
Data partition format might not be necessary and will NOT be done automatically after installation.
If the device doesn't reboot or some apps crash after reboot, you need to manually format the device using "format-data" command!
* Starting sideload *

ERROR: Sideload error -> adb: failed to read command: No error
Installation FAILED!, press ENTER to exit
"

Try this method

Nautzzz

Jun 16, 2021
Tried XiaomitoolV2 from the same author (https://www.xiaomitool.com/V2/) and the tool finished with an error but was able to recover the phone to MIUI 12 V12.1.4.0.RFDEUXM again! :) (Donation incomming @francesco Tescari!!!)

1623853209287.png

But the errors in MIUI 12 V12.1.4.0.RFDEUXM are still there, cause of that errors i originally tried to downgrade anfd got stuck in the bootloop. :(

At least i am now able to recover my fotos and other files from the phone! :)

But the phone itself is unusable in its state, if i make or receive a call, the phone will hang up instantly or after a few second.

Plus when i play music or listen to whatsapp voice messages, the sound will stutter / black out every few seconds for a second or two. Plus the phone is lagggy and sometimes gets hot without that i am using it in a way it should get hot.

These problems where not present in 12.1.3 and only manifestet right after i made the ota update to 12.1.4 yesterday.

Anyone know a way i can safely downgrade to 12.1.3 or nows how to fix 12.1.4 or knows any other way my phone could be fixed?

Thanks in advance for replys!