Question [Solved] Facing so much UI lags on Stock MIUI!

Search This thread
Have you guys ever experienced any lags in the UI?
Especially when I'm unlocking my phone, opening notifications shade or going to the recent apps screen (with gestures), it's like I'm using a very old device with a 1 GB RAM and It's driving me crazy!
I used to set up work profile using Shelter, turned off MIUI Optimisation (to have the REAL always-on display) and was using super wallpapers somehow and I thought it makes my phone slow.
Today I did a factory reset, and guess what, nothing was changed!
Even at the very first step which I didn't even install any applications, lags are clearly visible.
I'm using the stock ROM and never tried to unlock the bootloader or flashing custom recovery.
Please help me. I've tried any possible solutions including factory reset.
I even compared this device with a Mi Note 8 in the same condition and the Note 8 had a better performance. Or maybe these lags are normal on this device!
Do you have any idea?
Thanks.

gingerboy92

May 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G
Especially when I'm unlocking my phone, opening notifications shade or going to the recent apps screen (with gestures), it's like I'm using a very old device with a 1 GB RAM and It's driving me crazy!
I used to set up work profile using Shelter, turned off MIUI Optimisation (to have the REAL always-on display) and was using super wallpapers somehow and I thought it makes my phone slow.
Even at the very first step which I didn't even install any applications, lags are clearly visible.
I'm using the stock ROM and never tried to unlock the bootloader or flashing custom recovery.
I even compared this device with a Mi Note 8 in the same condition and the Note 8 had a better performance. Or maybe these lags are normal on this device!
Do you have any idea?
Thanks.
On latest build(global rom) right. But it only happen when the battery level is below 60%. I noticed it and moved to custom rom because of it. Install cpu frequency monitoring app like devcheck, the big cores are turned off(hotplugged), that's the cause of lags. Above 60% battery, everything is normal(no hotplug). I have no idea how to fix it, assuming that it's a bug.

Reactions: mahbod.es.1996
On latest build(global rom) right. But it only happen when the battery level is below 60%. I noticed it and moved to custom rom because of it. Install cpu frequency monitoring app like devcheck, the big cores are turned off(hotplugged), that's the cause of lags. Above 60% battery, everything is normal(no hotplug). I have no idea how to fix it, assuming that it's a bug.
Thanks dear gingerboy.
But it happens all the time, no matter how much the battery level is.
Which custom ROM do you prefer? Is it stable and completely bugless?
And also, do you know any app that can messure my device's performance and compare it with other's?

gingerboy92

May 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G
Thanks dear gingerboy.
And also, do you know any app that can messure my device's performance and compare it with other's?
I use devcheck to see the cpu, not sure if there's any reliable benchmark app for ui. Currently using xperience project. Not much choices for our phone yet, so can't really suggest. The rom is stable enough for daily use, but camera is not perfect, need to use ported gcam for basic features (ultrawide cam etc).

I use devcheck to see the cpu, not sure if there's any reliable benchmark app for ui. Currently using xperience project. Not much choices for our phone yet, so can't really suggest. The rom is stable enough for daily use, but camera is not perfect, need to use ported gcam for basic features (ultrawide cam etc).
I think I should wait for the next MIUI update, hope Xiaomi fixes those bugs. If not I'm going to flash some android 12 based custom ROMs when they've been developed at the stable stage.
Anyway, thanks for your help bro.

Demoprazol

Jul 27, 2020
I have just updated MIUI 12.5.6 and the lagging problem still exists, I can't use Gmail, Twitter etc just because of the lagging..

I also wiped dalvik/cache after the update.

Yeah, the UI after 12.5.5 update definitely lags, which is disappointing.
I am having same problem with latest EU rom 12.5.5, really disappointed, I didn't find any solution..
Finally, back to 'superman' feeling with 12.5.6... last update was big time sucks

Did you guys found any solution???
Currently using xiaomi.eu 13.0.4
It's performance is same as the MIUI 13 and the lags are still exist!
What ROM are you using? Is it more stable?

I'm using PE for couple of weeks. It's very smooth and fast, good battery life. There is unexplained occasional freezes, which I suspect is somehow related to YoutubeVanced (because that's mostly what I'm using when phone freezes). Other than that, it was best decision to move to PE.

I'm using PE for couple of weeks. It's very smooth and fast, good battery life. There is unexplained occasional freezes, which I suspect is somehow related to YoutubeVanced (because that's mostly what I'm using when phone freezes). Other than that, it was best decision to move to PE.
Thanks.
I faced such crash issues with crDroid 8.2 and I'm not sure that's due to YoutubeVanced because I don't have this app.
Anyway, I'm going to flash Pixel Experience in some weeks and give it a try.
Does the camera work fine with no issues? Which camera app are you using?

Thanks.
I faced such crash issues with crDroid 8.2 and I'm not sure that's due to YoutubeVanced because I don't have this app.
Anyway, I'm going to flash Pixel Experience in some weeks and give it a try.
Does the camera work fine with no issues? Which camera app are you using?
I'm not using camera that much, but both stock camera (which has very little functionality) and Gcam for Mi11 lite works.

akicarkralj

Jun 23, 2013
Honestly, flashing PE android 12 has fixed most of the issues I had with this phone (framedrops, weird miui power saving that limits some apps to 60hz for some reason, overall smoothness and speed, weird auto brightness...). Its just a better experience for this phone in my opinion. MIUI is only decent on phones with high end chips and even then its kinda bad.

Benfix

Apr 4, 2020
In my opinion this version of miui 13 is still not working perfectly. I mainly noticed several problems with the smoothness of the system that don't exist in Miui version 12.5. Yesterday I installed the PE12 version and I have no complaints, great battery and performance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do you have any idea?
    Thanks.
    Yeah, the UI after 12.5.5 update definitely lags, which is disappointing.
    Thanks dear gingerboy.
    I think I should wait for the next MIUI update, hope Xiaomi fixes those bugs. If not I'm going to flash some android 12 based custom ROMs when they've been developed at the stable stage.
    Anyway, thanks for your help bro.
    I am having same problem with latest EU rom 12.5.5, really disappointed, I didn't find any solution..