Please help unbrick my device after flashing CSC to CP

Search This thread

andy01q

Dec 22, 2011
Working with Odin. I accidentally flashed CSC to CP when CP should have been empty b/c Wifi model. Now stuck at Samsung screen when trying to start, but I can get to Download-mode. I can flash BL/CP/CSC to the correct positions, however how do I "unflash" CP? Actually I can't even reflash the correct parts anymore, Odin does get stuck at "initializing".
After Odin got stuck "initializing" for about 8 minutes I left download mode (Power Key + Volume Down) and restarted Odin and now Odin doesn't even recognize the device anymore. Patching drivers with Zadig does work (for some reason Heimdall requires me to reinstall the Drivers for "Gadget Serial" every single time I disconnect the device or leave Download mode also sometimes on Zadig 2 different Gadget Serial devices pop up when connecting in Download mode and sometimes only 1 does)
and heimdall print-pit results in:
"Initialising protocol...
Protocol initialisation successful.

Beginning session...

Some devices may take up to 2 minutes to respond.
Please be patient!

Session begun.

Downloading device's PIT file...
ERROR: Failed to receive PIT file size!
ERROR: Failed to download PIT file!
Ending session...
ERROR: Failed to send end session packet!
Releasing device interface..."

I have flashed Lineage Recovery (although the device is relatively quick at reinstalling the old recovery, so not 100% sure). I can not access either Recovery.

Last edited:

andy01q

Dec 22, 2011
I got a new Samsung cable. Odin recognized the device again. Then I extracted the PIT from the firmware zip and that and also added AP, CSP and CSC and NOT CP and checked "repartition" and clicked START and got:

"<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1401)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> Total Binary size: 7363 M
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)"
Which is kinda nothing, so I restartet and tried without the external PIT and without repartition and got something similar, but with "<ID:0/004> Can't open the serial(COM) port." at the end which Google says hints to driver issues, so I patched Gadget Serial with Zadig once again and then Odin log says Device removed and now refuses to recognize the device again. :(

andy01q

Dec 22, 2011
I tried Samsung Smart Switch and that program just tells me that my device is not supported.

andy01q

Dec 22, 2011
Thank you for that idea.

I just tried that. Odin hang on "Initializing..." for 4 minutes and then I accidentally touched the USB cable -> Disconnected. Now I can't enter Download mode (I get to the warning screen, but when I press Volume Up I only get a little bit of brightness flickering.) I tried 5 different cables, so I don't think they are at fault. I don't have a good way to tell how much battery the device has right now, so I'll charge it for a few hours and then try again. There's no good way to tell if the device is actually charging either right now. (The boot screen shows up if I connect it to the power source and that's all.)

andy01q

Dec 22, 2011
Okay, after letting the device charge for 3 hours I actually could get back into Download mode. This time I made sure to find a safer place before starting the Odin process. I left Odin alone for 40 minutes and when I came back the log said:
"<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin engine v(ID:3.1401)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> Total Binary size: 12 M
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> There is no PIT partition.
Then I tried Heimdall which also failed with the following Log:
"D:\heimdall\Heimdall Suite>heimdall flash --CM cm.bin --KEYSTORAGE keystorage.bin --BOOTLOADER sboot.bin --UH uh.bin --UP_PARAM up_param.bin
Heimdall v1.4.0
([Copyright and licence stuff])
Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
libusbx: error [init_device] device '\\.\USB#VID_04B8&PID_1138&MI_01#6&37E97C82&0&0001' is no longer connected!
libusbx: error [init_device] device '\\.\USB#VID_0B05&PID_1837&MI_02#6&A74EF7C&0&0002' is no longer connected!
ERROR: Failed to access device. libusb error: -12"
Second attempt after repatching with Zadig:
"Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
libusbx: error [init_device] device '\\.\USB#VID_04B8&PID_1138&MI_01#6&37E97C82&0&0001' is no longer connected!
libusbx: error [init_device] program assertion failed: device address collision with root hub
libusbx: error [init_device] device '\\.\USB#VID_0B05&PID_1837&MI_02#6&A74EF7C&0&0002' is no longer connected!
ERROR: Failed to detect compatible download-mode device."
Okay, that's probably because conflicting with Odin. So properly disconnect the device (close all related programs, then Power+Vol Down) and -> no more entering download mode again. So I'll reconnect to power for a while and will update later.
edit:
3rd attempt with Heimdall:
"D:\heimdall\Heimdall Suite>heimdall flash --CM cm.bin --KEYSTORAGE keystorage.bin --BOOTLOADER sboot.bin --UH uh.bin --UP_PARAM up_param.bin
Heimdall v1.4.0
(...)
Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
Claiming interface...
Setting up interface...

Initialising protocol..."
and I'm waiting since 5 minutes and will wait another 35 minutes, but I highly expet a fail.
Edit: An hour later the cmd-log still remains the same with Heimdall unable to Initialize a protocol.

Last edited:

andy01q

Dec 22, 2011
Thank you for the support once more. I've been running Odin 3.14.4 since before I started this thread. I see it says engine v(ID:3.1401), so I redownloaded the most recent version and it still does. I've been trying to fix the device for over a month now and it's kinda rough. For example today it took me one hour to get into Download mode and then 2 hours until Odin recognized the device.
I tried 3 USB ports and 5 USB cables and eventuall I could do some semblance of flashing with the original setup that I used before (the port that worked is reserved to transfer data to and from android devices and least used USB port by far). This one is with the most recent files from https://sfirmware.com/samsung-sm-p610/
"<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin engine v(ID:3.1401)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> Total Binary size: 7335 M
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> Re-Partition operation failed.
the operation "hang" at "Initialzation" (not my typo) for about 50 minutes and then another 10 minutes at "Set PIT file..". One good thing about this attempt was that it did not disconnected the phone, so I could just try again.
I also tried an older Firmware file frm sfirmware and it actually started flashing BL, but after it hang for 3 hours I gave up. During that attempt the SM-P610 showed "pit_flash_binary Unsupported Version." on the Download-mode screen. I guess not too surprising.
Out of desperation I also tried flashing the firmware that Frija suggests on Automatic mode weirdly Odin hang for 20 minutes on "SetupConnection.." and then just
"<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
afterwards. Also allowed me to reattempt without further ado.

Then I googled "Re-Partition operation failed." and one idea was to untick Re-Partion. I checked and saw that it was unchecked, so I decided to check it and tried again with the most recent one from sfrimware. Then I got
"Can't open the serial(COM) port." I tried a couple ideas from google, including just restarting Odin, but no avail. Maybe something that Zadig can help with, but patching with Zadig always leads to Odin not recognizing the device after. This time after patching with Zadi Heimdall and Zadig can't see it anymore either. I'm taking a break now, no idea what I'll try next.
Edit: Right now I got Heimdall to recognize the device again, but Odin still does not. Now I'm looking for a way to convert either .zip or .tar.md5 to .tar.gz.
edit: Can I just unpack and then use 7zip to compress to .tar and then 7zip to get to .tar.gz or is something wrong with that? Do I get 4 files or compress them to one bigger file? I guess I'll find a file to be used with Heimdall and see how it is packed.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts