Question Please help with my second hand device.

Search This thread

aakashasaj

Mar 20, 2012
Surat
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I recently bought mi 11 ultra from a local seller who claim it just 10 days used, with genuine invoice.
But I think this piece is having slight gap on back panel, maybe be it is open for some repairs?

As You can see in image I can easily slide small piece of thin paper inside it. I am worried that it is open and will not be water resistant anymore. Can someone verify?

Attachments

• IMG-20210729-WA0092.jpg
    IMG-20210729-WA0092.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 41

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
I recently bought mi 11 ultra from a local seller who claim it just 10 days used, with genuine invoice.
But I think this piece is having slight gap on back panel, maybe be it is open for some repairs?

As You can see in image I can easily slide small piece of thin paper inside it. I am worried that it is open and will not be water resistant anymore. Can someone verify?

First try online Xiaomi customer support service. Ask them if your phone has repair records.

If there is repair records, you can bring the phone to Xiaomi repair center and request them to deal with the gap you are concerned about. They check the warranty validity and if valid, will repair it.

If there is no repair records from Xiaomi, complain to the local seller you bought from. Tell that seller to fix it, or simply request refund. Warranty from Xiaomi is at doubt in this case.

Sketchy seller will avoid responsibilities by saying that gap is caused by you. Even if you did not cause it, you have no proof.

This is a lesson to learn when buying 2nd hand stuff, you have to check everything right in front of them and better make a video while checking and unboxing at the point.