Please let me know the risk of LG up "Chip erase"

Search This thread

andamiro00

Dec 1, 2021
LG V60 ThinQ
I'm using the LG v60 Japan model.
When I tried cross-flash on t-mobile, there was an error like in the picture.
It seems to be a problem because the partition structure of the Japanese model and the American model is different.
In the error, it is explained to implement "Chip erase".
I've never used "Chip erase" before, so I don't know what the risk is.
I'd like to know the risk of "Chip erase".
Is the partition completely deleted and newly configured when executing "Chip erase"?
I heard that timei s/n will be deleted when executing "Chip erase", is it possible to recover?
Is IMPL marked as "0"?

Attachments

• 11212121212.JPG
    11212121212.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 65

Karol75

Jan 3, 2016
Bridport
LG V60 ThinQ
I'm using the LG v60 Japan model.
When I tried cross-flash on t-mobile, there was an error like in the picture.
It seems to be a problem because the partition structure of the Japanese model and the American model is different.
In the error, it is explained to implement "Chip erase".
I've never used "Chip erase" before, so I don't know what the risk is.
I'd like to know the risk of "Chip erase".
Is the partition completely deleted and newly configured when executing "Chip erase"?
I heard that timei s/n will be deleted when executing "Chip erase", is it possible to recover?
Is IMPL marked as "0"?
I've done chip erase on V30 a few years ago , it does transform the phone completely to the flashed kdz, also it erases imei and sn which leaves the device without signal, I generated new imei in svc menu and it worked.
However I am not sure if it will work on V60.

KheniKheni

Sep 21, 2022
LG V50 ThinQ
I've done chip erase on V30 a few years ago , it does transform the phone completely to the flashed kdz, also it erases imei and sn which leaves the device without signal, I generated new imei in svc menu and it worked.
However I am not sure if it will work on V60.
I think my phone is in this state. I have successfully flashed but without a serial number and I don't get a signal so I can't proceed any further. Can you please show me how to generate the IMEI in svc menu please?

Leronex_1

May 6, 2019
AT&T LG G6
LG G8
Your IMEI will be gone if you could proceed with chip erase and also there is no method currently for that model to restore the IMEI.

Back it up with qfil.