Votes: 26 46.4%
  • $0 (I am happy with just root!)

Votes: 9 16.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

xyancompgeek

May 12, 2012
Waterloo
It was written that we could also try the terminals of the battery. Wouldn't that narrow down the no. of dots? Plz check the post that was given. I dont want you to ruin your device!!!! ;) P.S - See post #10

Last edited:

stifilz

Jan 9, 2012
NZ
It was written that we could also try the terminals of the battery. Wouldn't that narrow down the no. of dots? Plz check the post that was given. I dont want you to ruin your device!!!! ;) P.S - See post #10

Yeh I know that just real keen to unlock this bigger lol. Do you think outer terminals or inner?

Chur

stifilz

Jan 9, 2012
NZ
if u see the pic in post #10, the guy points out one of the terminals as being a negative one. maybe thats your test spot.

little confuse with your image sir

i9RmZrmhz0sq4.jpg

the test point cable attached on the microUSB male right??

I've found different step on creating test point cable.
Their methode told me to attach the other side on the battery's negative socket/ground.

testpoint+2.png

which method is safe, sir?
I haven't unlock the bootloader yet.
I need your advice and suggestion, cause I want to try cm7.2 stable on my lww.

sorry OOT: I need your review for CM7.2 stable on LwW WT19i guys :p

The way I read it was that it was a earth instead of earthing on the outside of micro USB??

So if it is one in the inside then there is lots to choose from. I posted on that thread asking how they knew which one to use. But my guess is that it was leaked.

Chur

M3ursault

Apr 6, 2012
Will unlocking the bootloader automatically lead to root for users who didn't root before upgrading to ICS?

Or is this a separate issue?

M3ursault

Apr 6, 2012
Would you care to speculate what's more likely to happen first. Someone achieving root on a ICS Sony tablet with the bootloader still locked or someone unlocking the bootloader.

motrinHD

Nov 30, 2011
OP i hope you dont mind that i copied and pasted some of your text in my thread. i also started a bounty.
also bump.

IStorent

It will only be possible to unlock the boot loader for certain releases of this model. You can check if it is possible to unlock the boot loader of your device by checking the service menu.

Open the Contacts app.
Click the menu button in the top right.
Click Settings.
Long press (for about 5 seconds) somewhere in the empty space just above soft key bar, and then release your finger. A button named Enter service code will then appear in the same area (this may take a few tries).
Click Enter service code. A dialer will appear.
Enter *#*#7378423#*#* in the dialer.
Tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there actually any evidence that the bootloader is locked? Keep in mind there's a difference between a locked bootloader and a bootloader that doesn't support flashing by default.

A truly locked bootloader (like HBOOT on HTC devices or Motorola's MBM bootloader) actually verifies a digital signature on the boot or recovery partition before booting it, so it's not possible to run custom ROMs without using workarounds like 2nd init.

On the other hand, some bootloaders don't allow you to *flash* images by default, but if you manage to get root and flash a new recovery or boot image, it will boot without complaint.

Unless someone has a reason to believe otherwise, it might be possible that the Sony Tablet S falls into the second category. Now that root has been achieved, it's possible to flash custom recovery images by writing to a block device using ADB.

It's definitely worth trying this out. Someone who knows what they're doing should create a full backup of the original recovery partition (using "dd" from a root shell) and flash a custom recovery image to the appropriate block device and see what happens when you try to boot into recovery mode. There's a chance it "just works".
    Will unlocking the bootloader automatically lead to root for users who didn't root before upgrading to ICS? Or is this a separate issue?
    Unlocking the bootloader is the key to allowing an unstoppable rape and pillage of the entire Kingdom of Sony Tablets.
    BOUNTY FOR UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER FOR SONY TABLET S

$103 PLEDGED!

Following the successful root of our devices, one would expect that more developer support should come to Sony Tablet S. Yet, having root is but one of the two 'holy grails' which will turn our devices into hot properties.

As such, I suggest we begin a second bounty, this time for the first person to successfully unlock the bootloader and provide a working proof of concept for its implementation*. Given that the ICS update will (likely) remove our root, we will still be back to square one unless someone can couple the first success with a working unlocked bootloader which will finally let us install recovery and hopefully install custom ROMs or customized official ROMs.

I hope we can get as many people aboard as possible, and at least some of the usual suspects from the root equivalent bounty topic.

*The Rules:

'Unlocking the bootloader' refers to: An exploit, method or application/software which unlocks the bootloader and allows us to install custom recoveries, kernels or ROMs.

To earn the bounty, you simply have to find the exploit which will allow the above first. You do not have to develop a recovery, or a kernel or a ROM, but you must provide with a working proof of concept, i.e. with a way which allows us to verify that the bootloader has been completely unlocked and that other developers can use this method to install recovery, kernel and ROMs.

Here's hoping there are some who will take this new challenge up with renewed vigour, now that root is here!

The pledgers:

1. grcd: $12
    2. condi: $10
    4. wintermute000: $10
    5. kvssvarma: $10
    6. [email protected]: $25
    7. eldron: $16 [Pledged via PM]
    8. xaviorffviii: $20

NOTE: THIS TOPIC ALSO CONTAINS AN ACTIVE TECHNICAL CONVERSATION REGARDING THE TOPIC. SEE HERE AND FOLLOW ENSUING CONVERSATIONS.
    Seeing as there haven't been any recent pledges/developments, I want to reiterate (and bring new attention) this topic pledge and focus. Even if the method is simple (and was available to us right from the beginning), the person who will first discover a way to install custom recoveries and ROMs will get the amount above. If it is simple, this is one more reason to get on with this! Let's hope some more pledges come our way. Root was important, but here is where things get really important -- after all if the Sony ICS update blocks Root and our current exploit, then we will be virtually left with the choice of staying in 3.2 or losing what we've gained.

Let's see some more support for this topic!
    Seeing as there haven't been any recent pledges/developments, I want to reiterate (and bring new attention) this topic pledge and focus. Even if the method is simple (and was available to us right from the beginning), the person who will first discover a way to install custom recoveries and ROMs will get the amount above. If it is simple, this is one more reason to get on with this! Let's hope some more pledges come our way. Root was important, but here is where things get really important -- after all if the Sony ICS update blocks Root and our current exploit, then we will be virtually left with the choice of staying in 3.2 or losing what we've gained.

Let's see some more support for this topic!

Custom recovery was in the works as well as init.d scripts. However, I broke the device and am now having a difficult time getting my new tab to be recognized by adb and rooted. Hoping updating it will fix that. If so, I have a modded 3e recovey nearly working. As for the bootloaders, we need a kernel DEV...lol... I have sent a shot out to some kernel DEVs and am hoping for some help from them...