Poco f1 Not getting detected in pc...

Search This thread

xLGNDx

Sep 19, 2017
Xiaomi Poco F1
No success it says connect the device again.
I think its the usb c port probelm.
Does your pc recognise other usb stuff like pendrives? If it is limited to your phone then change usb cable. But if your pc can't recognise anything plugged into the usb port then it's your bios problem. Open up your pc, look for the CMOS jumper and plug it in CLR side. This fixes the issue at least for me. I have faced this problem multiple times. But first of all you should try a different usb cable.

The OP Guy

Mar 7, 2017
Does your pc recognise other usb stuff like pendrives? If it is limited to your phone then change usb cable. But if your pc can't recognise anything plugged into the usb port then it's your bios problem. Open up your pc, look for the CMOS jumper and plug it in CLR side. This fixes the issue at least for me. I have faced this problem multiple times. But first of all you should try a different usb cable.
I don't think there is any problem with the pc itself because it works fine with my wireless mouse and my earlier redmi note 3.

Pi Ra

Jan 6, 2017
Antwerp
had the same problem and found this at the forum:
1) enable developer options on the phone
2) enable usb-debugging on the phone
3) connect phone to the pc
4) on your pc got ot: PC > drive > windows > INF > look for wpdmtp.inf ; right click o this file and click install with phone plugged it in

hope it helps you

mecoromeo

Apr 18, 2014
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Before thinking it's a port problem, try changing cables first. I read all your replies here and haven't seen once that you tried using a different cable.

If that doesn't work, go to dev options and check "default USB option" make sure "file transfer" is clicked

The OP Guy

Mar 7, 2017
Before thinking it's a port problem, try changing cables first. I read all your replies here and haven't seen once that you tried using a different cable.

If that doesn't work, go to dev options and check "default USB option" make sure "file transfer" is clicked
the problem in the end was the cable. I went to the mi center they didn't had the replacement cable so i bought a new one and it seems to be working fine.

raenne

Mar 20, 2013
IN MY CASE I USED DIFFERENT CABLES, no luck still not detected by pc. but its charging. poco phone problem.

updated phone to the latest version, enable usb debug, usb file transfer as default. still not detected.

mecoromeo

Apr 18, 2014
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
IN MY CASE I USED DIFFERENT CABLES, no luck still not detected by pc. but its charging. poco phone problem.

updated phone to the latest version, enable usb debug, usb file transfer as default. still not detected.

Before anything else,have you tried other ports in the Pc? Or have you tried other devices like a usb stick and if it works on any of the ports you connected the device to? If the ports work then follow the next steps:

Did you setup USB drivers? If not try that first as there may just be an issue with the driver. You can google "usb driver for poco" for more info.

If that doesn't fix the case, try putting the phone into fastboot and connect it to the PC and open ADB via a command prompt and type "fastboot devices". If it shows, then you likely have a bad firmware, recommend either flashing a new one completely
Or if that doesn't work then you may have to clear data completely (last option if your device is recognized via fastboot).

Now, in case the PC still doesn't recognize your phone even in fastboot then you may want to have a technician look at it further. I don't think it may be an issue with the phone's port as you said it was charging, but if everything else I've provided failed (those were software ts), then it likely might have something to do with the hardware itself.

Himalaya.kd

Aug 18, 2016
Clean your Type-C port With a needle. You can Use A Drop of water. It Will work.
If you're looking for (MTP) Media Transfer Protocol
Then go to Settings - Developer - Select USB Configuration - Choose MTP.

That it.

Jan 6, 2016
Having same problem.
The quick charge symbol doesn't show but I think charging speed is fine.
USB is not detected. Tried with a bunch of cables and also tried cleaning the port.
Any way to get it working?
Thanks!

Pi F1

Jul 22, 2020
Having same problem.
The quick charge symbol doesn't show but I think charging speed is fine.
USB is not detected. Tried with a bunch of cables and also tried cleaning the port.
Any way to get it working?
Thanks!

encountered the same problem and found this on xiaomi-site under q&a section:
1) enable developer option
2) enable usb debugging
3) connect the phone to the pc (usb cable)
4) on your pc go to (win 8.1) :
c:\windows\inf and look for wpdmtp.inf ; right click on it and click install

Jan 6, 2016
encountered the same problem and found this on xiaomi-site under q&a section:
1) enable developer option
2) enable usb debugging
3) connect the phone to the pc (usb cable)
4) on your pc go to (win 8.1) :
c:\windows\inf and look for wpdmtp.inf ; right click on it and click install
Doesn't work.
I don't think there's any problem with my PC because other phones are recognised using the same cable

Pi F1

Jul 22, 2020
too bad, sorry. After connecting other phones the pocophone is lost and then I reinstall the .inf file and the connection is back.

josepetri

Jun 25, 2012
Doesn't work.
I don't think there's any problem with my PC because other phones are recognised using the same cable
I have the same issue and fix it by going to device manager and update the drive from Android ADB Interface to Device USB MTP. Just right click and choose Update Drive/ Find driver on my computer/ Let me choose the drive.

Blue Urse

Jan 31, 2020
My PC detects my Poco f1 (device 1) just fine, but throws out the error 'USB device not recognised The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it.' when I click on the notification it says, '
USB device not recognised

The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it.

Recommendation

Try reconnecting the device. If Windows still does not recognise it your device may not be working properly.

Close'.

with device 2, (same make and model)

I have no idea what to do, please advise.