• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. To discuss, report bugs and other issues, use this thread.

⚡POCO F1 Ultimate Collection & Guides⚡

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Welcome to POCO F1 Ultimate Collection!

OFFICIAL STOCK MIUI ROM

You can check my Guides for installation.

FIRMWARES

CUSTOM ROMS

CUSTOM KERNELS

GAPPS

TWRP Recovery

MAGISK ROOT SOLUTION

You can check my Guides for installation.
Disable Force Encryption (DFE)

GOOGLE CAMERA PORTS

GOOGLE PLAY SYSTEM UPDATE

You can manually update Google Play System by downloading and installing Main components.

USEFUL APPS

If for some reason you can't find/install an app on Google Play Store due country restrictions or anything, you can sideload the app from APKMirror.
  • Adaway: Open Source ad blocker for Android using the hosts file.
  • Aegis Authenticator: Aegis Authenticator is a free, secure and open source app for Android to manage your 2-step verification tokens for your online services.
  • Brave Browser: Open Source Privacy Browser with built-in adblock.
  • Bromite: Bromite is a open source Chromium fork with ad blocking and enhanced privacy.
  • FairEmail: Fully featured, open source, privacy oriented email app.
  • Franco Kernel Manager: Complete toolbox for all devices with a rich feature set aimed for ease of use to supercharge your kernel.
  • Inware: Inware allows you to know your device in detail. You can find information about your device's hardware and software, in a new modern UI.
  • KeepassDX: KeePassDX is a free open source password manager for Android, which helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way.
  • MiXplorer: Fully-featured File Manager.
  • Naptime: Lowers your device's power consumption while the display is off by empowering Android's built-in doze power saving functionality.
  • NewPipe: Open Source Youtube alternative platform without ads.
  • Shade Launcher: Make your phone feel like home. Free, open source, no ads.
  • Simple Mobile Tools: A group of simple, open source Android apps without ads and unnecessary permissions, with customizable widgets.
  • SysLog: Open Source tool for quickly taking and sharing system logs.
  • Today Weather: Today Weather is a beautiful & simple-to-use weather app that provides the world's most accurate local weather forecasts.
  • Youtube Vanced: Vanced is a well known modded version of YouTube with many features such as adblocking, background playback and many many more.

XIAOMI TOOLS

MINIMAL ADB AND FASTBOOT

⬇

Last edited:

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
POCO F1 Ultimate Guides!

!DISCLAIMER!
Most people I know (including myself) who used my Guides and steps, did that with success many times. If you don't follow exactly the steps or you do a mistake during the process, I do not take any responsibility for any unexpected results or damage that may happen. However I am here to help if something goes wrong, just ask in the thread.

UNLOCK BOOTLOADER

Note: Some AMD Ryzen Systems may have problems to recognize your device in fastboot. Try to use USB Hub or USB Type-A 2.0. If this doesn't help, unfortunately you have to use Intel System.
Please keep in mind by Unlocking Bootloader the device will reset and all your data will be lost. Make a backup of your data first to PC or to USB.
1. Create a Mi account on Xiaomi’s website.
2. Add a phone number to your Mi account.
3. Insert a SIM into your phone (If you haven't added already).
4. Enable developer options in Settings > About Phone by repeatedly tapping (7 times) on MIUI Version.
5. Link the device to your Mi account in Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > Mi Unlock status. Also enable USB Debugging.
6. Download the Mi Unlock app (Windows is required to run the app).
7. Run the Mi Unlock app and follow the instructions provided by the app.
8. Reboot your device into Fastboot mode. For that simply turn off your device, press the Power Button + Volume Down (–) button at the same time. Then connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable.
9. After device and Mi account are successfully verified, the Bootloader should be Unlocked and your device will restart by itself.

INSTALL CUSTOM RECOVERY

• Fastboot Method (No Custom Recovery currently installed)
    Note: Some AMD Ryzen Systems may have problems to recognize your device in fastboot. Try to use USB Hub or USB Type-A 2.0. If this doesn't help, unfortunately you have to use Intel System.
    1. Make sure your Bootloader is Unlocked.
    2. Enable developer options in Settings > About Phone by repeatedly tapping (7 times) on MIUI Version.
    3. Enable USB Debugging in Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > USB Debugging.
    4. Download a custom recovery of your choice. [You can find everything in my Collection]
    5. Download the portable Minimal ADB and Fastboot and run adb.exe
    6. Reboot to Fastboot mode by pressing Power Button + Volume Down (–) and keep holding both buttons until the word “FASTBOOT” appears on the screen, then release.
    7. Once the device is in Fastboot mode, connect your device to PC and verify you can find it by typying in adb: fastboot devices.
    8. Flash Recovery by typing in adb: fastboot flash recovery <recovery_filename>.img (The file may not be named identically to what stands in this command, so adjust accordingly).
    9. Reboot to Recovery by typing in adb: reboot recovery or manually hold Power Button + Volume Up (+) until you boot to Recovery.
    10. Done! You now have a new Custom Recovery installed.

• Recovery Method (Custom Recovery already installed)
    1. Download a custom recovery of your choice. [You can find everything in my Collection]
    2. Reboot to Recovery by holding Power Button + Volume Up (+).
    3. Press Install Image.
    4. Locate the recovery.img you recently downloaded.
    5. Select it and choose the option Recovery and Flash.
    6. Go back and Reboot to Recovery.
    7. Done! Your new recovery should be installed.

MAGISK ROOT SOLUTION

The easiest way to root your device is via Magisk, it should work in all ROMs, Stock and Customs.
  • Steps to Root via Magisk:
    1. Download the latest Magisk version.
    2. Reboot to TWRP Recovery by pressing Power Button + Volume Up (+) and flash the .zip you have downloaded.
    3. Done. Magisk Manager App should be installed, if not install it manually.

• Steps to Unroot Magisk:
    1. Download the latest Uninstaller Magisk version.
    2. Reboot to TWRP Recovery by pressing Power Button + Volume Up (+) and flash the .zip you have downloaded.
    3. Done. Magisk Manager App should be also uninstalled.

DISABLE FORCE ENCRYPTION

Disable Force Encryption (a.k.a DFE) is flashed during installing a custom rom to avoid the system encrypting /data partition when the devices boot for the first time. [You can find everything in my Collection]
DFE is not necessary but some custom recoveries (Official TWRP for example), needs the /data partition to be unencrypted to access the internal storage for you to flash something or to access /data and internal storage. (Except if you have external SD Card, then DFE is no longer needed)
DFE is also not necessary and not recommended for people who don't switch ROMs everyday.
If you want a secured device that has a lot of golden stuff inside, then do not flash DFE or disable the DFE on some cutom Recoveries like PitchBlack and OrangeFox.
If you want to access /data from a custom recovery, then flash DFE everytime after you install a custom ROM or enable DFE on some custom Recoveries like PitchBlack and OrangeFox.
The best solution is to get one external SDCard and keep your device encrypted. You will also make a better clean installation of custom ROM since you could format Data and wipe Internal Storage before flash a custom ROM from ur external SDcard.

BATTERY TIPS

• Advanced Guide
  • Simple Battery & Charging Tips
  • Improve your SOT
  • Battery Calibration

Steps:
    • Discharge your phone fully until it turns itself off.
    • Turn it on again and let it turn itself off.
    • Plug your phone into a charger and, without turning it on, let it charge until the on-screen or LED indicator says 100 percent.
    • Unplug your charger.
    • Turn your phone on. It's likely that the battery indicator won't say 100 percent, so plug the charger back in (leave your phone on) and continue charging until it says 100 percent on-screen as well.
    • Unplug your phone and restart it. If it doesn't say 100 percent, plug the charger back in until it says 100 percent on screen.
    • Repeat this cycle until it says 100 percent (or as close as you think it's going to get) when you start it up without it being plugged in.
  • Overheating

Following reasons will lead to device heating issue:
    • During the initial setup after purchase or when restoring data.
    • Downloading large files.
    • Using apps that require more power or using apps for extended periods such as:
      • Playing high-quality games for long time.
      • Recording videos for extended periods.
      • Streaming videos while using the maximum brightness setting.
      • Using the Screen Mirroring / Smart View feature (connecting mobile to a TV).
    • While multitasking or when running many apps in the background i.e:
      • Using Multi window.
      • Updating or installing apps while recording videos.
      • Downloading large files during a video call.
      • Recording videos while using a navigation app.
    • Large amount of data for syncing with the cloud, email, or other accounts.
    • Exposing device under sunlight when temperature is high around you.
    • Extensive usage of mobile hotspot and tethering feature.
    • Using device in areas with weak signals or no reception or in roaming network.
    • Charging the battery with a damaged / unapproved USB cable.
    • Device's multipurpose jack is damaged or exposed to foreign materials, such as liquid, dust, metal powder, and pencil lead.
    Solution:
    • Turn off Wi-fi, GPS , bluetooth and other connectivity options when not in use by dragging the notification panel.
    • Decrease screen brightness.
    • Close background running applications.
    • Too many applications installed in device may result in device heating since their corresponding process will keep on running in background. It is advised to uninstall un-necessary apps if not using them.
    • Avoid using apps like GPS, data dependent apps or graphic intensive games for longer duration since they require more energy to function, causing device to heat.
    • It is advised not to use device while charging as it may cause the device to over heat.
  • General:
    DO
    • Use manual brightness or dim the screen.
    • Turn off notifications for apps you don't use. Better still, delete/disable the apps entirely if you don't need them.
    • Enable battery or power saving mode when you want to extend your battery life.
    • Use the power adapter that came with your phone. Other chargers can charge slowly/faster but they can also damage your phone or battery.
    • Turn off bluetooth, location tracking, and Wi-Fi (unless you are actively using it)
    • Turn off print services from bluetooth connection preferences.
    • Avoid extremes of heat and cold. If your phone gets very hot or cold it can strain the battery and shorten it's lifespan.
    DON'T
    • Have Bluetooth or Wi-Fi turned on constantly.
    • Leave apps running in the background. Instead restrict background usage off apps that you don't need running.
    • Push email means your device is always listening for new email which drains alot of battery.
    • Drain your phone battery all the way to 0% or charging it all the way to 100%. Keep it between 20% - 90% for longer battery lifespan.
    The more advanced the graphics and animations are (games, videos, photos, animations), the harder the processor and graphics chip in your smartphone have to work. More activity means more battery use.

CLEAN INSTALL OFFICIAL STOCK MIUI ROM & RELOCK BOOTLOADER

1. Download the official Fastboot ROM and unzip it to your PC. [You can find everything in my Collection]
2. Download Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool and run XiaomiMiFlash.exe
3. Turn off you device and then boot in Fastboot mode by pressing Power Button + Volume Down (–) and keep holding both buttons until the word “FASTBOOT” appears on the screen, then release.
4. Connect your device to PC via USB Cable.
5. On the Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool, Click on Select and browse to the folder where you have Unzip the downloaded ROM file then press OK.
6. Click on Refresh button and you will see that your device connected to port com.
7. Select what method you prefer:
  • Clean All: The process will flash full Fastboot ROM and will wipe everything (include user data) but Bootloader will remain unlocked
  • Save User Data: The process will flash Fastboot ROM without wiping user data.
  • Clean All and Lock: The process will flash full Fastboot ROM and will wipe everything (include user data) but Bootloader will be relocked
8. Now click on the Flash button to begin the flashing progress.
9. Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see green bar inside XiaomiMiFlashtool.

CLEAN INSTALL CUSTOM ROM

You can also do the same steps below to install Stock MIUI Recovery ROM.
1. Backup all your data to PC or to external SDCard. [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost on step 7 while Formating Data or Wiping Internal Storage]
2. Unlock Bootloader. [Read the Guide above]
3. Download: [You can find everything in my Collection]
  • Custom Recovery of your choice.
  • Custom ROM of your choice
  • GApps (be sure you have selected Platform: ARMx64 and the proper Android version of the ROM you are going to flash) if the ROM you are going to flash does not include. [Optional]
  • Magisk Root Solution [Optional]
  • Disable Force Encryption [Optional]
4. Move all these files in one folder to your Internal Storage or to External SDCard if you have.
5. Install Custom Recovery. [Read the Guide above]
6. Reboot to Recovery Power Button + Volume Up (+)
7. Installation:
Steps without external SDCard:
  • Select Wipe > Advanced Wipe
  • Select Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Vendor, Cache and then Swipe to Wipe.
  • Flash ROM > GApps [Optional] > Magisk [Optional] > DFE [Optional - Not Recommended]
  • Go back and select Wipe > Format Data > type yes [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost]
  • Reboot Enjoy!
Steps with external SDCard:
  • go to Advanced-File Manager-external_sd and delete all folders in ur ext sd card (For example you should delete: Android, .android_secure, LOST.DIR, DCIM, etc) except your personal files/folders and the folder with your custom ROM/Gapps/Magisk/DFE you want to flash.
    Each app on your phone with the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission may create files or folders in ur sdcard. Most of these folders have once been created by one of these apps and many of them may be deleted with a few exceptions (e.g. Android, .data, .android_secure, these contain important system or app data like a game's downloaded content):
    .android_secure: apps installed and then moved to sdcard
    Android: app data/cache
    data: app data
    .estrongs: ES file manager
    LOST.DIR: sort of trash folder (collects recovered files after phone crashes)
    DCIM: phone gallery's photos and previews
    OTA-update: Over The Air update service
    ppy_cross: an unknown third-party app's data.
    So I recommend to delete them so you can put your phone/sdcard in a clean state and is guaranteed to be able to re-create these folders.
  • Select Advanced Wipe
  • Select Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Vendor, Cache and then Swipe to Wipe. yes [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost]
  • Flash ROM > GApps [Optional] > Magisk [Optional] > DFE [Optional - Not Recommended]
  • Go back and select Wipe > Format Data > type yes [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost]
  • Reboot Enjoy!

DIRTY INSTALL YOUR CUSTOM ROM

Note: Before you start flashing, keep in mind the ROM you dirty flashing MUST be the same with the one you have already installed - For example you can't dirty flash AOSP ROM over custom based Stock ROM.
1. Make a full nandroid backup, just in case something goes wrong. You can use TWRP to do that. (TWRP-->Backup-->Select everything) [Optional]
2. Uninstall all Substratum overlays if you have any installed.
3. Remove Magisk root with Magisk Uninstaller. (TWRP-->Flash the uninstaller)
4. Reboot to TWRP and Wipe system, cache and art / dalvik.
5. Flash the ROM-->GApps-->Magisk Root Solution.
6. Reboot and Enjoy!
I've skipped some explanations, because if you are going to dirty flash, you already know for example how to boot to TWRP.

Last edited:

Krisranger

Jul 24, 2020
Amazing Work. All silly and important questions have been answered at one place.
+Add Mi Assistant (Xiaomi PC Suite China) in Xiaomi Tools. It Helps to fix bootloop in locked bootloader nowadays.

Last edited:

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Awesome job, my friend! :good:
Great job. Everything in one place.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Amazing Work. All silly and important questions have been answered at one place.
+Add Mi Assistant (Xiaomi PC Suite China) in Xiaomi Tools. It Helps to fix bootloop in locked bootloader nowadays.
this in one stop for all poco stuff...

amazing work.... [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
Thank you guys!:eek: I will try to keep the thread always up-to-date.
If you find a broken link, something wrong or you have a suggestion, please do not hesitate, tell it!
Today I made couple of changes in Guides & Collection so infos can be more clear and I've added some stuff! ;)

Last edited:

hari1jack

Jul 21, 2018
Thank you guys!:eek: I will try to keep the thread always up-to-date.
If you find a broken link, something wrong or you have a suggestion, please do not hesitate, tell it!
Today I made couple of changes in Guides & Collection so infos can be more clear and I've added some stuff! ;)
Im in now miui global 12.0.2
I facing problem while voice call
Another end of caller hear a noise
Is there fix
Please guide me ...

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Im in now miui global 12.0.2
I facing problem while voice call
Another end of caller hear a noise
Is there fix
Please guide me ...
Try to do factory reset (firstly save all your personal data to PC or to external SDCard). 12.0.2 and general all the latest miui updates are full of bugs and slow down your device. Also the chances to get new android version in miui are very low. I will not talk about security and tracking :D
I recommended you to move away from miui and use a custom rom of your choice. :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

Krisranger

Jul 24, 2020
You have gathered so much collective information at one place. It will be helpful if we found which Roms are from Pixel Ports and supports Google photos free unlimited high quality storage.

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
You have gathered so much collective information at one place. It will be helpful if we found which Roms are from Pixel Ports and supports Google photos free unlimited high quality storage.
Unfortunately, It's unknown yet. I will keep an eye on it but I doubt if it will work. Even new pixel phones will not have free unlimited storage. We will see...:p

hari1jack

Jul 21, 2018
Try to do factory reset (firstly save all your personal data to PC or to external SDCard). 12.0.2 and general all the latest miui updates are full of bugs and slow down your device. Also the chances to get new android version in miui are very low. I will not talk about security and tracking :D
I recommended you to move away from miui and use a custom rom of your choice. :fingers-crossed:
Thank you for the reply ...
Can you suggest me bug less rom without mic issue during call

Krisranger

Jul 24, 2020
Unfortunately, It's unknown yet. I will keep an eye on it but I doubt if it will work. Even new pixel phones will not have free unlimited storage. We will see...:p
Yes new pixel phones will not have this advantage. (New pixel phones which ain't even launched yet)
But we have some roms which are ported from existing pixel phones like Pixel 3 and Pixel 4.
I got to know that Awaken OS based on Android 11 is detecting as Pixel 4 in Google photos. I'm not sure, I personally didn't install it yet.
I'm sure about some Roms and Ports like Pixel Rom and Pixel 4 xl ports are obviously detecting as Pixel 4 and they are enjoying new Google Assistant and Google One features as well.

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Thank you for the reply ...
Can you suggest me bug less rom without mic issue during call
I personally use Pixel Experience the Plus Edition. It's stable and ready out of the box.
However there a lot of nice ROMs, you check them in my collection and decide which fit for you.

Yes new pixel phones will not have this advantage. (New pixel phones which ain't even launched yet)
But we have some roms which are ported from existing pixel phones like Pixel 3 and Pixel 4.
I got to know that Awaken OS based on Android 11 is detecting as Pixel 4 in Google photos. I'm not sure, I personally didn't install it yet.
I'm sure about some Roms and Ports like Pixel Rom and Pixel 4 xl ports are obviously detecting as Pixel 4 and they are enjoying new Google Assistant and Google One features as well.
Well the thing is we don't know yet if POCO F1 detecting as Pixel 4 in Google Security is enough to bypass and trick Google to have unlimited storage. We need to wait till June 1st, 2021 which this change will take place. Until then, the storage remain unlimited.

Last edited:
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone