Votes: 10 5.3%
  • Gorilla glass 6

Votes: 12 6.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

venu44

Nov 6, 2017
Chennai
Hey everyone. Poco f1 has been a revolutionary smartphone. Judging by Flipkart's offer, the F2 is around the corner. Tell me ur expectations. What would you like to see differently in the 2nd gen poco??
Personally, I would like to see
> An Amoled display( A differentiating feature between flagships and killer. So an Amoled panel is a must to bring it to terms with other phones)
> No notch or dew drop notch( I think the ir face unlock can be skipped, I'll even take big bezels instead of the notch)
> A 5000mah battery( a bit greedy but it makes sense for a phone which is going to come with SD 855 and liquid cooling. Big battery. Longer gaming sessions.)
> Finally an aggressive price tag like the F1. 25k would be the sweet spot considering a newer chip and a switch to amoled.
Very excited for F2's launch. So what do u guys think??

Armada_33

Dec 26, 2018
Kolkata
AMOLED screen (Widevine L1 support would be appreciated!), teardrop notch or full-fledged top bezel, and less rounded corners. If the F2 really needs to have rounded corners, I'd rather have them be tastefully done like the Redmi Note 5 Pro or the Oneplus 6. The current corners are atrocious.

Last edited:
Reactions: pjecki and viv29

thesoupthief

Dec 13, 2012
Dublin
NFC costs pennies to implement. Why not?
AMOLED screen would be nice, ir blaster too.
Keep the micro SD slot.
4000 mah battery is nice, but why not go bigger?
It won't be waterproof, but that would be nice

The f2 will face stiff competition though, being up against the very aggressively priced Lenovo z5 pro gt, which itself reminds me of the mi8 to the Pocophone F1.

arifreggit

Aug 15, 2016
Jakarta
Amoled screen, nfc ,ois, sd855, tiny hole selfie camera, wide angle camera on backside instead of deep sense, and aluminum frame. And also keep headphone jack, microsd card support, led notification.

Ip68 water resistant and glass body for wireless charging is unnecessary for most user.

Reactions: gie62001

venu44

Nov 6, 2017
Chennai
The one that leaked in geekbench has the sd 845 and not the 855. I’m sincerely hoping this is not the f2 but I wouldn’t mind if there is a plus version.
Firstly, the regular poco f2 should stick to lcd, 4000 mah battery, and same camera with telephoto or wide angle. This model should come in 6/64(20k) and 8/128(23k) only.
Secondly if there is a plus version and I do think there will be one. It should come with amoled, 5000 mah battery and slightly better cameras. This model should have 3 variants. 6/64(25k), 6/128(27k) and 8/256(31k).
I think this pricing makes total sense. This way they have a super cheap option like the f1 and also a much improved one while also staying substantially cheaper than one plus 7(around 40k)
Something that I want common for both is an unobtrusive notch(dew drop or punch hole), qc4(maybe), nfc(if xiaomi is serious about european markets coz it doesn’t matter in India, I would love to see a metal back or glass but plastic makes most sense( maybe kevlar coloured variants or just go the blackberry route with super grippy backs), less rounded corners(more elegance please) and keep the good stuff from the f1(aggressive pricing, headphone jack, good custom development, liquid cooling, skip ir face unlock and stick with physical fingerprint sensor(coz indisplay one is still finicky and slow)stereo speakers(a little better) and micro sd support).

z4ck1n

Jan 10, 2012
QHD makes no sense, edl maybe, ir face unlock(could be skipped in favour of a small notch), ir blaster(no ones complaining) and removable battery(what world are u living in)

Why?
I loved my Moto Maxx(turbo) ... Current Poco screen feels downgrade :)
IR Blaster is useful at home .... you can control everything at Home without costly wifi stuff.
The removable battery makes the devices more sustainable !!

Last edited:

venu44

Nov 6, 2017
Chennai
Too costly bro

Why?

I loved my Moto Maxx(turbo) ... Current Poco screen feels downgrade :)

I know the screen on poco f1 is not good. But QHD is too costly and I don't see it being done simply because none of the competition is doing it. Also, isn't a 1080p amoled cheaper than a QHD IPS? The sensible upgrade would be a 1080p amoled. But if they wanna go extremely competitive they should go for a good LCD display. Even the ones on Redmi's had no issue.

Moto Maxx was awesome for its time, but I don't think now's the time for QHD under 25k.

IR blaster is a welcome addition. I loved it on my Mi Max and no one is doing removable batteries anymore. I would love to see them make a comeback but as there is such an emphasis on design nowadays that manufacturers opt for sleek devices.

Last edited:
Reactions: MANI02003

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    a touchscreen that works properly out of the box?!
    AMOLED screen (Widevine L1 support would be appreciated!), teardrop notch or full-fledged top bezel, and less rounded corners. If the F2 really needs to have rounded corners, I'd rather have them be tastefully done like the Redmi Note 5 Pro or the Oneplus 6. The current corners are atrocious.
    I vote for OIS on camera....
    I do not understand why so many want to have an AMOLED display in Poco F2.
    At Poco F1, Pocophone deliberately decided NOT to install an AMOLED display to keep device costs down.
    So why should an AMOLED display be used on the Poco F2?
    I do not need an AMOLED Display.
    I prefer it when the money is used for more meaningful functions.
    I am very satisfied with the display of the Poco F1.
    For the Poco F2 I would like to have an even better camera.
    Even after having so much of issues, you're satisfied. Lol

Though this phone was sold at 'cheap' price (compared to K20 pro) it was not advertised as half baked phone, but hyped as best rated 'flagship' and flagship killer by Xiaomi which eveyone must understand.

I am all kind of stubborn ???????
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone