Poco F2 Pro limited to 0.5a charging

bilkusg

Nov 30, 2010
My Poco F2 Pro charges fine (and very fast) with a USB-C to USB-C cable connected to a USB-C fast charger such as a Samsung. But if I try to charge it with a USB-A to USB-C cable connected to any charger, the phone only draws 0.5A ( I have a USB power dongle to check this ) and that's not fast enough to actually keep the phone charged when in use.
Every other phone I've tried will at least draw over an amp, even those which support fast charging.
I've tried multiple chargers, multiple cables, and nothing except C-C with fast charging will actually charge the phone.

Is this normal behaviour for the phone, or do I have a fault with mine. (It was bought second-hand with a warranty, but no charger or cable in the box).

NPU443

Aug 12, 2020
No it's not normal, mine charges at least at QC3 speeds with various compatible chargers, powerbank and cables. Even with Huawei's fast charger, which seems not to be fully compatible, it charges about 2A (measured in accubattery).

valy_cta

Feb 29, 2012
Constanta
It has a strange behavior if it's like that. What about original cable and charger, that's A to C, should charge very fast.
I had another issue regarding charging, whichever charger/cable I was using (let's say max 5V/2A), in accubattery it was measured around 3A, and the charger would overheat like crazy. You know when you want to charge slower, all what they tell you on the web is to use a less powerful charger... and this is what I did, but not with great results though. On my previous phone it was working just fine. On my wife's Mate20Pro it's also working well, but not on F2Pro. Even if the cable was rated 3A and I would connect it to the original charger, it would still draw 5A from it... Only way to solve it was AccA apk so I limit the current that the phone draws and I'm happy.

bilkusg

Nov 30, 2010
It has a strange behavior if it's like that. What about original cable and charger, that's A to C, should charge very fast.
I had another issue regarding charging, whichever charger/cable I was using (let's say max 5V/2A), in accubattery it was measured around 3A, and the charger would overheat like crazy. You know when you want to charge slower, all what they tell you on the web is to use a less powerful charger... and this is what I did, but not with great results though. On my previous phone it was working just fine. On my wife's Mate20Pro it's also working well, but not on F2Pro. Even if the cable was rated 3A and I would connect it to the original charger, it would still draw 5A from it... Only way to solve it was AccA apk so I limit the current that the phone draws and I'm happy.
Unfortunately I don't have the original charger and cable as it was a used phone which is otherwise in perfect working order. I've had no problems with c-c fast chargers, but nothring else works.

valy_cta

Feb 29, 2012
Constanta
Unfortunately I don't have the original charger and cable as it was a used phone which is otherwise in perfect working order. I've had no problems with c-c fast chargers, but nothring else works.
What ROM is on the phone right now? May I suggest going completely stock with MiFlash to rule out the software part?

Dadovvv

Sep 25, 2010
VU
My Poco F2 Pro charges fine (and very fast) with a USB-C to USB-C cable connected to a USB-C fast charger such as a Samsung. But if I try to charge it with a USB-A to USB-C cable connected to any charger, the phone only draws 0.5A ( I have a USB power dongle to check this ) and that's not fast enough to actually keep the phone charged when in use.
Every other phone I've tried will at least draw over an amp, even those which support fast charging.
I've tried multiple chargers, multiple cables, and nothing except C-C with fast charging will actually charge the phone.

Is this normal behaviour for the phone, or do I have a fault with mine. (It was bought second-hand with a warranty, but no charger or cable in the box).
Just search and buy original charger if u want full charging speed, one guy made a great test of different chargers and different cables on this phone, check this here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/poco-f2-pro-charging-study-how-fast-does-it-charge.4189013/

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone