• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Poco F3 dynamic refresh rate

Search This thread

ErriK89

Oct 19, 2010
Milan
Hi all, unfortunately also Poco F3 has the dynamic refresh rate as in others Mi 11 family devices. In games and video apps the refresh is cut at 60Hz even if 120Hz are set. Same happens also in Poco X3, is there any way to disable this feature and fix the refresh to 120Hz?

Reactions: [email protected]

djuroue1

Nov 9, 2011
Not true. I already tried to disable any optimization of battery and any optimization of performance and with videogames and video apps the refresh rate is sistematically fixed to 60Hz
In YT scroling is at 120hz.I dont know about video playback and dont care couse nothing is on 120hz recorded.Video tools can add black frames but I dont like ghosting.I dont play games so dont know about that.60fps gaming is ok for me.120hz on a phone I need only for scroling because is so much smoother and nicer as it always should've been.Now 60hz looks like ****.

stevejc

Sep 29, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi, you can set manually through adb a frequency of 90 Hz if you want to save battery.

adb shell settings put system user_refresh_rate 90

set back to 120 with :

adb shell settings put system user_refresh_rate 120

To show the current settings

adb shell settings get system user_refresh_rate

Mar 15, 2020
Not true. I already tried to disable any optimization of battery and any optimization of performance and with videogames and video apps the refresh rate is sistematically fixed to 60Hz
Screenshot_2021-04-20-13-09-36-811_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
this is what I was talking about. Clear the data of this application and you're good to go.

sunarowicz

Jun 16, 2020
The manual way of setting the refresh rate doesn't work in adb nor in Tasker on xiaomi.eu 12.5.5 (as well as on the older versions).
The command
Code:
passes well and
Code:
shows the changed value. But in fact nothing happened. The refresh rate is still on its previous setting. Checked in the display settings and by displaying the frequency in dev. options too. Any idea why?

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
The manual way of setting the refresh rate doesn't work in adb nor in Tasker on xiaomi.eu 12.5.5 (as well as on the older versions).
The command
Code:
passes well and
Code:
shows the changed value. But in fact nothing happened. The refresh rate is still on its previous setting. Checked in the display settings and by displaying the frequency in dev. options too. Any idea why?
Go back to 60 fps and to 120fps in display , open su and type:

adb shell settings put system user_refresh_rate 0

Setting this to 120fps does nothing. Setting this to 0 also does nothing in the long run but hey at least if you're desperate by doing this it stops refresh rate switching in its entirety for a while.

Locking screen / Rebooting / Using certain blackilsted apps or just after a prolonged use drops the refresh rate to 60 and locks it there.... So basically you have to go back to display all over again and go from 60 to 120 and apply the settings put command all over again.

This is the best option by far , I haven't found anything better than this online and it's a ****ing shame. I'm done with this , if you guys wanna try this be my guest but I really suggest aosp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, you can set manually through adb a frequency of 90 Hz if you want to save battery.

adb shell settings put system user_refresh_rate 90

set back to 120 with :

To show the current settings

Hi all, unfortunately also Poco F3 has the dynamic refresh rate as in others Mi 11 family devices. In games and video apps the refresh is cut at 60Hz even if 120Hz are set. Same happens also in Poco X3, is there any way to disable this feature and fix the refresh to 120Hz?