Question Poco f3 Error: Sending modem_ab

Search This thread

nockcx

Sep 22, 2022
good evening :)
I have been trying to return to stock miui from Pixel Experience since yesterday but get this error every time I try to flash the Firmware and do not know what I can do about it. I would be happy if somebody knew what this error is from and what might fix it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-23 060441.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-09-23 060441.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot 2022-09-23 060524.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-09-23 060524.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: duttyend

nockcx

Sep 22, 2022
Thanks for your reply. What did you do that bricked your Phonem? This way I know what to avoid. Thanks you in advance

ferreol-fr

Last edited:
Reactions: duttyend

nockcx

Sep 22, 2022
and i did not mention this but I started this whole project of returning to miui because my poco was and still is in a bootloop and is only accessible over fastboot, not recovery and even though it sometimes gets to the system it almost instantly crashes and reboots

ferreol-fr

and i did not mention this but I started this whole project of returning to miui because my poco was and still is in a bootloop and is only accessible over fastboot, not recovery and even though it sometimes gets to the system it almost instantly crashes and reboots
Ok,
Do you have any idea what you did that may have caused this bootloop ?
Have you used any Qualcomm Tools or any soft in EDL mode ?

nockcx

Sep 22, 2022
No, I did not do anything that would mess with the system to my knowledge :(. which is why i really do not know what to do. Can This Error occur because of a USB 3.0 used to flash? The Phone even tries to reboot when it is detected as a Fastboot device, maybe This has Something to do with it. Maybe it loses the Connection and therefore the flashing process stops. Are there possible ways to fix This?

Last edited:

metalspider

Jun 24, 2015
i had similar issues but with the super partition when trying to flash from cmd.
flashing with miflash instead solved it.

nockcx

Sep 22, 2022
It doesnt seem to make any difference to the error whether i flash it via cmd or miflash

nockcx

Sep 22, 2022
I already tried with two Notebooks, I will try again tomorrow with another PC and installing USB drivers again. Thank you :)

You could try redownloading the MIUI ROM... you got it from xiaomifirmwareupdater.com right?

And yes ^^, try other PCs/laptops and other USB-cables.

Just please make sure

Unfortunately, Fastboot-Flashing is a gamble. It's not a solid protocol. It has zero protection against sudden USB-connection loss.
And manufacturers like Xiaomi go out of their way and block Qualcomm's EDL Mode, which is the only way to recover your phone in case Fastboot Mode stops working, because that Mode itself can also get damaged.

Last edited:

Arunshaw2016

Jan 21, 2018
Fixed - first flash a miui recovery rom from twrp make sure the rom version lower than the latest one, now flash and boot miui , now just update from miui updater once you updated to the latest version , now try to flash the fastboot rom that you trying to flash, it should work.

nockcx

Sep 22, 2022
I cant access a bootloader like TWRP because the phone still keeps rebooting after a couple of seconds in the bootloader so i cant really do much. I only have access to fastboot :(

nockcx

Sep 22, 2022
okay Im as far as I have never been with a very weird method, maybe somebody can explain. Because my poco always wants to reboot I found out a way to keep in in Fastboot mode. I repeatedly press the power and volume down button, This way it stays on for a lot longer, but it still is not enough to succeed at flashing the rom. It also lets me believe that my problem is not a software but probably a hardware problem, otherwise and cannot explain this suuuper weird behavior. what do you guys think? is there a possible fix you know?

Top Liked Posts