• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Poco f3 flash

Search This thread

__halvar__

Oct 6, 2006
Hi i want to flash my poco f3 do i need usb dongle so i can use sdcard to be safe?

And do i need to flash global miui before flash custom rom?

Vuska

So i flash miui global in twrp before flash custom rom? Where can i find miui global?

fastboot if using mi flash.
but... its very important to understand using mi flash and what to tick and what dont.

but if you already using latest official stable release and already unlocked bootloader... then you may continue with twrp..

there is thread about how to flash twrp and flash custom rom... you have to read that first

Reactions: RollDload

Techguy777

Hi i want to flash my poco f3 do i need usb dongle so i can use sdcard to be safe?

Let me tell you that twrp otg backups don't work at all. I have 2 USB c hard drives and twrp can't make a backup with them. I don't know why but it can't. I'm really unsure of this phone because there's really nothing you can do to backup anything. You flash a new rom and you have to format everything and start all over again. No music no apps no nothing. I don't even understand what fun that is? Every rom seems to have different instructions and it's a mess.

Techguy777

Ive been doing the custom roms thing for about 4 or 5 years. It's always unlock bootloader, flash twrp, make twrp backup of data, system and boot. Flash magisk or custom rom.

Well now it's different there's no way to back it up. If I make a twrp backup to the internal storage and try to copy and paste it to my USB c ssd it fails it won't allow it. I don't understand if you try to make the backup in twrp it'll say backup failed. I have no idea why I can't make a backup that means I would have to flash stock to fix a bootloop lol it's ruining the twrp experience

RollDload

Mar 7, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5
Huawei P9 Lite
Ive been doing the custom roms thing for about 4 or 5 years. It's always unlock bootloader, flash twrp, make twrp backup of data, system and boot. Flash magisk or custom rom.

Well now it's different there's no way to back it up. If I make a twrp backup to the internal storage and try to copy and paste it to my USB c ssd it fails it won't allow it. I don't understand if you try to make the backup in twrp it'll say backup failed. I have no idea why I can't make a backup that means I would have to flash stock to fix a bootloop lol it's ruining the twrp experience
From a certain point of view you are right, but we should also give the developers some time to fix things.It is true, with previous versions of android it was easier to flash and without having to set everything up again, however, it is a phone with a more complicated system therefore the developments of the twrp are more complicated. Without forgetting that the entire development is supported only by donations and the rest is completely free ...

Reactions: Vuska

Vuska

There are some tools too...if you are using same base os... you can use tool to backup and restore.

1. Migrate
backup you app (with data)
restore from twrp
(search it from xda)

2. Swift Backup.
3. Miui has backup and restore too.

but for your data (photos, videos etc) manually backup to your pc.

that's all..
yes, backup restore from twrp not work yet.

Techguy777

There are some tools too...if you are using same base os... you can use tool to backup and restore.

1. Migrate
restore from twrp
(search it from xda)

2. Swift Backup.

that's all..
I already know about those app backups and it's really not the problem. You need to than make sure you have them stored on a USB C drive because if you format data than bye bye to those apps. Twrp we're the best and I didn't like the idea of no micro SD card but I figured oh well USB C drive will work.

With every android verison update we lose a little bit of root. It's not like when actually change anything to the system it will bootloop. We can't make system backups and now magisk hide is removed that one I don't care I never used it. There's a point when having root doesn't matter really and we're almost there. Coding is getting so complicated that after OEM updates stop I wouldn't be surprised if people can't build updated Android roms

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Migrate
    restore from twrp
    (search it from xda)

2. Swift Backup.

that's all..
    usb dongle ??
    No need... just backup you data first

Yup.. better flash Official latest miui rom...continue with twrp.... and flash custom rom.
    but you need unlocked bootloader for custom rom
    So i flash miui global in twrp before flash custom rom? Where can i find miui global?

fastboot if using mi flash.
    but... its very important to understand using mi flash and what to tick and what dont.

but if you already using latest official stable release and already unlocked bootloader... then you may continue with twrp..

there is thread about how to flash twrp and flash custom rom... you have to read that first

Let me tell you that twrp otg backups don't work at all. I have 2 USB c hard drives and twrp can't make a backup with them. I don't know why but it can't. I'm really unsure of this phone because there's really nothing you can do to backup anything. You flash a new rom and you have to format everything and start all over again. No music no apps no nothing. I don't even understand what fun that is? Every rom seems to have different instructions and it's a mess.