Question Poco F3 GPS (drift) Issues

Search This thread

homepotato

May 23, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi there,

I got the F3 a few weeks ago and I'm happy with it, except the GPS on outside. I asked a week ago on reddit if somebody has similar problems.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/nbbr05 I wrote there:
"So the basic issue is: at home I'm staing at one place, without any drift. But If I'm walking around, my GPS does not walk smoothly like I do. I'm walking forward the street, the GPS follows me (sometimes) but often randomly jumps back and stays there for several minutes. If I open Google Maps I stay also on the wrong place. So it's not a App-Specific Problem, more a Hardware/Miui Problem?"

I also took a video in comparison to an Iphone X. I use there Pokemon Go to see my position. The position on the Iphone X is always very accurate.

In my Settings I enabled WIFI and Bluetooth search as well as the google improvements. I disabled all of them, but no real difference.

Has somebody any idea how can I solve this? Is my phone a real lemon?

Tort5

Jun 7, 2020
If you have "Google Location Accuracy" on when you're connected to a wi-fi, your location accuracy is greatly increased. I guess that's why you're fine at home. Ppl turn it off to drift when under a roof. It is supposed to work with mobile networks as well but I've personally never noticed a difference.

As for the non-assisted/outside accuracy, here are the GPS types I found in GSM arena. F3 has dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC. iPhone X has A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS. I have limited knowledge to comment any further without speculating, maybe you or someone else can use that info.

demirlijanp

Feb 3, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Now i get the price tag of this phone, you buy it, and spend all your time with it searching the forums and fixing it, because prior to this device, i had other brands like Samsung, Huawei, apple, where things like this worked like a charm, an we are accustomed to expect the same thing with the price tag of 300€, unfortunately it doesn't work that way.. i had Huawei mate 30 pro before Poco f3, i mean it is night and day.. if i set the time widget on home screen, the clock from status bar disappears, i mean come on. I can't change the date order on the lock screen, phone app is just awful, every time I had to search for something i had to exit the phone app and go to the contacts app.. swiping from the home screen for the status bar is really hit or miss.. i don't like miui at all, i thought i wouldn't mind it but it was a mistake.. I'm considering flashing AOSP but that to the side is a mess, with the firmwares, partitions, recovery.. I'm regretting for buying this phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Enable "Force full GNSS measurements" in developer settings, it's known to solve some issues with GPS.