Question POCO F3 Missing 5G Option

Search This thread

mcd007

Dec 4, 2012
5G SA will not work in Brazil. Xiaomi approved only the 5G NSA at Anatel. You can consult the Anatel website.

fbirraque

Seriously? The 5G SA (standalone)??
I only get the 5G NSA (non-standalone).

What did you do?

With download speeds higher than 1.2Gbps who cares if it's connected on 5G DSS, NSA or SA? I don't care!

Attachments

• IMG_20220826_154539.jpg
    IMG_20220826_154539.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 56

fbirraque

The speed of SA and NSA is the same. The problem is the latency and the exclusive frequency for the SA 3.5Ghz.
The information that Poco F3 doesn't support 5G SA because it isn't into Anatel compatible list is nonsense (annex) to push other brands like Samsung, Apple or Motorola for newbies 5G customers in Brazil.
Technical Proof => CACombos.com for Poco F3

NOTE: But it's MANDATORY to swap your current 4G SIM Card to the new 5G SIM Card version for your Carrier and the 5G SA speeds should be AVAILABLE and PROVISIONED in your monthly plan. Contact your Customer Support.

Don't spread fake news,

Attachments

• IMG_20220805_112221.jpg
    IMG_20220805_112221.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20220805_112012.jpg
    IMG_20220805_112012.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

mcd007

Dec 4, 2012
The information that Poco F3 doesn't support 5G SA because it isn't into Anatel compatible list is nonsense (annex) to push other brands like Samsung, Apple or Motorola for newbies 5G customers in Brazil.
Technical Proof => CACombos.com for Poco F3

NOTE: But it's MANDATORY to swap your current 4G SIM Card to the new 5G SIM Card version for your Carrier and the 5G SA speeds should be AVAILABLE and PROVISIONED in your monthly plan. Contact your Customer Support.

Don't spread fake news,
Only one point you are right.

Xiaomi wants to push launch cell phones and have registered SA and NSA for these new devices. For the others they registered only the NSA. The block is in the operator by the identification of the cell phone model.

I have a 5G chip, with all the operator's requirements and even then, I only connect in NSA mode. I can even see the SA.. but it doesn't register.

https://informacoes.anatel.gov.br/paineis/certificacao-de-produtos/celulares-em-5g

IMG_20220824_133242.jpg

ANATEL.png

fbirraque

Only one point you are right.

Xiaomi wants to push launch cell phones and have registered SA and NSA for these new devices. For the others they registered only the NSA. The block is in the operator by the identification of the cell phone model.

I have a 5G chip, with all the operator's requirements and even then, I only connect in NSA mode. I can even see the SA.. but it doesn't register.

https://informacoes.anatel.gov.br/paineis/certificacao-de-produtos/celulares-em-5g

View attachment 5698961

View attachment 5698963
That's bull**** and technically speaking I'm already explained your misunderstanding. But you're free to believe whatever you want and move on to Anatel's recommended "fairy tale"... As previous mentioned contact your customer support or who can ELY5!

Last edited:

mcd007

Dec 4, 2012
That's bull**** and technically speaking I'm already explained your misunderstanding. But you're free to believe whatever you want and move on to Anatel's recommended "fairy tale"... As previous mentioned contact your customer support or who can ELY5!
Keep calm sir! What I'm giving you is technical possibilities.

Please, if you are right.
Tell me how should I make 5G SA work in Brazil, on POCO F3?

Mar 23, 2021
Hello everyone, I'm from Brazil, I live in São Paulo. Using CLARO TIM and VIVO, neither works 5G STANDALONE on Xiaomi, I tested it on Poco F3 and Xiaomi 11T Pro and doing everything possible, even modifying in QPST in EFS Explorer, even changing the SIM CARD to the 5G model in CLARO and VIVO (in TIM you don't need, just activate the 5G FULL plugin), even doing everything, it doesn't go up STANDALONE, only NON-STANDALONE. That is, from what I verified, it seems that there is a verification of the model that is connecting to the SA network, and only certified devices go up. As Xiaomi only has weak representation with DL in the Brazil, it seems that they forgot to include the devices for the operators to certify. This is similar to the VoLTE feature, which in Brazil, until recently, did not work on Xiaomi connected in the VIVO network, due to the existence of a "whitelist", which seems to have disappeared precisely at the launch of the 5G network (not least because 5G NSA needs VoLTE to make calls without falling to 3G, which it would be awful).

Well, that's it. What remains is to wait for Brazilian operators to, someday, certify our Xiaomi devices to authorize connection to the STANDALONE network.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @TORTOM4N Hi! I see that you're new here. Welcome to XDA! :) Please note that XDA is an international forum, and hence only English is permitted to be used across the website.

The above is as per the Forum Rules:
    4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

As a courtesy, I've added the English translation to your post. Going forward, kindly use English to post/reply on the forum. :)

Regards,
    shadowstep
    Forum Moderator

----------

Oi! Vejo que você é novo aqui. Bem-vindo ao XDA! :) Observe que o XDA é um fórum internacional e, portanto, apenas o inglês pode ser usado no site.

O acima está de acordo com as Regras do Fórum:
    4. Use o idioma inglês.

Entendemos que, com todas as nacionalidades diferentes, nem todos falam bem inglês, mas por favor, tente. Se você realmente não consegue postar em inglês, use um tradutor online. Você é livre para incluir sua mensagem original em seu próprio idioma, abaixo da tradução em inglês. (Esta regra cobre suas postagens, entradas de perfil e assinatura). Você pode tentar: - https://translate.google.com/ ou https://www.babelfish.com/ ou usar um de sua escolha.

Como cortesia, adicionei a tradução em inglês à sua postagem. Indo em frente, use o inglês para postar / responder no fórum. :)

Saudações,
    shadowstep
    Moderador do fórum
    Poco F3 only supports 5G on SIM1

It doesnt matter whether you have 1 or 2 sims, as long as the SIM is inserted in sim1 slot, it will support 5G

Edit: the people commented before me seem to have different opinions, what i wrote was based on random scrolls, my country doesnt have 5G, so, i dont have personal experience with it
    5G works on both sim slots. Have actually tested this with two 5G carriers in NZ. Then again this is 5G non standalone so it still relies on LTE/4G for uploads and to latch onto our 5G networks here.
    Global ROMs don't seem to expose the 5g option.. Xiaomi Eu ROMs do!
    I was on global stock had no problem , check APN and see what network the phone chose for you , whos you carrier ? what planet you live on I mean country that info always helps
    Hi everyone, recently I bought a POCO F3, and put my sim card, and using normally to navigate and gaming, every fine, but, I'm travel to city with 5G, and for my disgusting surprise, my POCO F3 5G, don't have an option to select and use 5G network!
    I made a lot of tests with my SIM Card, and in my spouse iPhone 12 Pro and my 6th gen iPad Mini, the 5G work well with my SIM, unfortunately in POCO F3, it's not!
    I'm using the latest MIUI Global 12.5.4 Stable OTA, I'm never flashed or unlocked the bootloader or make any mod to my device!
    View attachment 5457431
    View attachment 5457429

Anybody have ideia what's matter with this device!?

Thx in advice!
    Screenshot_2021-11-14-02-43-00-716_com.android.phone.jpg

Running on 12.5.6.0 Global Stable, my plan does not have 5G so I limited it to LTE hoping that it might save battery.