Question Poco F3 Vibration Strength

Search This thread

tolga_1

Jun 21, 2010
Hello to everyone
What do you think of the vibration strenght of the Poco F3?
I switched from the Galaxy Note 8 to this device, and the vibration is simply "outrageous."
I don't feel anything when the phone rings and the notification comes in. I could feel it on my feet when the Note 8 was on the table. I don't even hear the vibration when the Poco F3 is on the table.

Reactions: hexisg

Alin45

Oct 7, 2020
Bucharest
Hello to everyone
I switched from the Galaxy Note 8 to this device, and the vibration is simply "outrageous."
I don't feel anything when the phone rings and the notification comes in. I could feel it on my feet when the Note 8 was on the table. I don't even hear the vibration when the Poco F3 is on the table.
Try Settings - Sound and vibration - turn on Touch feedback and adjust the intensity of vibration from the bar will became visible.

metalspider

Jun 24, 2015
haptic feedback seems very weak and i have it maxed out in the settings.im on 12.0.3 global and waiting for bootloader to unlock.
i read somewhere xiaomi may have used a weak haptic motor to save on cost.

originali

Jan 28, 2014
whilst I was on global rom the haptics were much stronger than on xiaomi.eu 12.5. i think this is software and hardware issue combined.
the thing is - software part can be improved. lets keep raising it

GranoTurc00

Apr 16, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
Looking at the size of the vibration motor shown in the disassembly videos i think it's simply too small for the size of the phone, no update or OS can solve that. Linear vibrators are less space efficient than the classic ones, that's the price you pay for haptic feedback. Apple removed the headphone jack to make space for a bigger linear vibrator , that vibrator was bigger that the one inside this Poco and was installed on a lighter phone

Reactions: cyanGalaxy

oliv1208

Dec 31, 2016
Hi Everyone !

So i'm using the official ROM, and only Unlocked the bootloader and Rooted the phone.

So i noticed something very interesting regarding vibration.

When you go to the tests of the device and you test vibration, the vibration strength is very good and nothing compared to incoming phone calls.

But when i have an incoming phone call it is indeed very very weak. For messages, a little better but still not perfect.

It should be a way using ADB/Patch/Using an app, to define the strength of the vibration used, because the real guilty is not the vibration motor, but more the ROM that does not give "Power" .

If this information may help anyone to dig further and then fix this it would be awesome.

BTW, i noticed that i have a small lag displaying the incoming call notification (5 seconds) vibrates but displaying the incoming caller information takes a small while.

If anyone encountered that and knows also a fix i will appreciate

Thanks to all

cyanGalaxy

Dec 30, 2018
Germany
Sony Xperia M
Moto G4
Looking at the size of the vibration motor shown in the disassembly videos i think it's simply too small for the size of the phone, no update or OS can solve that. Linear vibrators are less space efficient than the classic ones, that's the price you pay for haptic feedback. Apple removed the headphone jack to make space for a bigger linear vibrator , that vibrator was bigger that the one inside this Poco and was installed on a lighter phone
Have you also noticed that the vibration feels different from MIUI vs Vanilla Android Custom ROMs? Or if you set a Custom Vibration Time in Gboard? I think Xiaomi has done vibration tweaking on MIUI for default Vibration time

flipp0

Jun 2, 2013
Haptics are way too weak on Poco F3. Very disappointed. Mi 10 / 10T Pro / Mi 11 gives a much stronger and nicer haptic response when using the keyboard. The same with OnePlus Nord 2. Increasing the haptic response in MIUI settings makes no noticeable difference IMO. Increasing the haptic response in google keyboard make a difference but the response when typing feels weird when doing that. Weak haptics are almost a dealbreaker for me.

oliv1208

Dec 31, 2016
Hi Everyone !

So i'm using the official ROM, and only Unlocked the bootloader and Rooted the phone.

So i noticed something very interesting regarding vibration.

When you go to the tests of the device and you test vibration, the vibration strength is very good and nothing compared to incoming phone calls.

But when i have an incoming phone call it is indeed very very weak. For messages, a little better but still not perfect.

It should be a way using ADB/Patch/Using an app, to define the strength of the vibration used, because the real guilty is not the vibration motor, but more the ROM that does not give "Power" .

If this information may help anyone to dig further and then fix this it would be awesome.

BTW, i noticed that i have a small lag displaying the incoming call notification (5 seconds) vibrates but displaying the incoming caller information takes a small while.

If anyone encountered that and knows also a fix i will appreciate

Thanks to all
Any new on this guys ?

oliv1208

Dec 31, 2016
Hey guys

Sorry for the late update but updating to latest stable ROM (MIUI 14.0.4.0 TKHMIXM) fixed the issue

cyanGalaxy

Dec 30, 2018
Germany
Sony Xperia M
Moto G4
Hey guys

Sorry for the late update but updating to latest stable ROM (MIUI 14.0.4.0 TKHMIXM) fixed the issue
Haptics are much stronger on AOSP. You should try ArrowOS. You'll immediately feel the difference, very strong.
Screenshot_20230522-141030_Settings.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello to everyone