• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question POCO F3 Warranty

Search This thread

Bonondo

Apr 7, 2021
If I use ADB to remove bloatware on the F3, will I lose my warranty? Is the Xiaomi ADB official (from Xiaomi)? Do I also lose my warranty if I unlock the bootloader and install a custom ROM? If not does Xiaomi say so on their website? What is the difference between using ADB and just deleting them manually? Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Robert314

Bonondo

Apr 7, 2021
You will not use your warranty by using adb to remove bloatware. However you do waver your warranty by unlocking the bootloader to put a custom ROM on it. However you can theoretically still get a replacement despite this wavering of a warranty
Thanks! What do you mean theoretically? Can I just install MIUI again and lock the bootloader and sent it for warranty, without them finding out that I unlocked it?

Thanks! What do you mean theoretically? Can I just install MIUI again and lock the bootloader and sent it for warranty, without them finding out that I unlocked it?
You should be find. I have never had a Xiaomi and so didn't know how supportive they are. The official advice by Xiaomi is here:
What do you need to know about unlocking?
First and foremost you can only unlock your own device. This means the unlocking tool you downloaded must be logged in with the same Mi account on your device. One Mi account could only unlock one device within 30 days

Isn't locking bootloader against Mi's 'geek' spirit?
Locking bootloader is aimed to provide a better user experience, which we've been trying to do the whole time. In the meantime, we've provided an unlocking tool for senior users who know their ways around flashing and tweaking their devices.

The unlocking procedure will need Internet access to get the unlocking password. Also, the Mi Account logged in on the Mi phone and the unlocking tool needs to be the same. Otherwise, the unlocking request will be denied. This will ensure that ill-intentioned people will not get access to your personal data.

X0PIRAT3

Dec 1, 2019
And that's where I come in.
I sent my Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro as a guarantee having had the precotion of flashing the global rom and re-locking the bootloader (I had a problem with my antenna, I received nothing).
They supported my Mi 9T Pro without any problem;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And that's where I come in.
    I sent my Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro as a guarantee having had the precotion of flashing the global rom and re-locking the bootloader (I had a problem with my antenna, I received nothing).
    They supported my Mi 9T Pro without any problem;)
    If I use ADB to remove bloatware on the F3, will I lose my warranty? Is the Xiaomi ADB official (from Xiaomi)? Do I also lose my warranty if I unlock the bootloader and install a custom ROM? If not does Xiaomi say so on their website? What is the difference between using ADB and just deleting them manually? Thanks!
    You will not use your warranty by using adb to remove bloatware. However you do waver your warranty by unlocking the bootloader to put a custom ROM on it. However you can theoretically still get a replacement despite this wavering of a warranty