• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Poco F3 worth getting for only custom ROMs?

Search This thread
May 11, 2021
I am thinking of getting the Poco F3, but I would not want to use MIUI and would prefer to use a custom rom.

I watched this video and don't know if what this guy is saying is true or not.

Would it be worth buying this phone if I am only going to be using a custom ROMs, or should I pay more for a phone that has better software by Oneplus, Samsung etc...?

I've used custom ROMs in the past, but it was mainly because my old phone no longer received support. I am on Lineage OS on my Oneplus 5t.

Thanks!

arifqur

Nov 12, 2005
I am thinking of getting the Poco F3, but I would not want to use MIUI and would prefer to use a custom rom.

Would it be worth buying this phone if I am only going to be using a custom ROMs, or should I pay more for a phone that has better software by Oneplus, Samsung etc...?

I've used custom ROMs in the past, but it was mainly because my old phone no longer received support. I am on Lineage OS on my Oneplus 5t.

Thanks!
Yeah I totally agree. This device is cheap and has all the qualities of a flagship killer. All the devs are interested in it and are buying it to develop for it. So in the future expect to get a ton of Custom Roms and Mods for F3.
You cant go wrong with this device.
Period

Doronmak

Jan 4, 2014
I believe in the community of the custom ROMs and think it is a great deal, I was thinking of getting some oneplus or even Nokia phones but I realized it is one of the best that we could get so enjoy flashing :)

May 27, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hey mate, just flash my F3 right after one week of waiting for bootloader.
Gona say YES, IT IS FREAKING WORTH IT.
Come from Galaxy S9, after so tired with the bloat of Samsung, I flashed LOS, and man it is fast.
But, with my F3 on ArrowOS, right now, it is insanely fast.
Just buy it, you will not regret. But it is my personal opinion. The choice is your.
Within the price range, F3 already deiminated all other option. But with custom ROM, it decimates even the flagship

May 11, 2021
Come from Galaxy S9, after so tired with the bloat of Samsung, I flashed LOS, and man it is fast.
Just buy it, you will not regret. But it is my personal opinion. The choice is your.
Within the price range, F3 already deiminated all other option. But with custom ROM, it decimates even the flagship

Is the LoS an official build?

keyoke87

Jun 30, 2014
OnePlus 8T
Apple iPhone 12

Thanks!
Just buy it. Performance to price point, nothing wins Poco F3

The only downside is the MIUI that comes with it which is sluggish and buggy. I flashed mine to ArrowOS and loving the device more now.

Have sticked to MIUI 12 and upgraded to MIUI 12.5 where they removed multiple Do Not Disturb schedules, that is when i know is time for me to flash the rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I picked up the Poco F3 BECAUSE there were custom ROMS and there are a few that are already really good so I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. I may even buy another one and sell my 512GB S21 Ultra. (Update, bought another F3) Don't pay attention to that guy on Youtube, do what you want to do.

Thanks!
    Yeah I totally agree. This device is cheap and has all the qualities of a flagship killer. All the devs are interested in it and are buying it to develop for it. So in the future expect to get a ton of Custom Roms and Mods for F3.
    You cant go wrong with this device.
    Period
    Yeah i agree.
    Totally agree . I recently picked up one after selling my 3A only for custom rom. I hate MIUI and have already initiated steps to unlock the bootloader to flash custom rom.