Hi !
I've remove the shield protector but the phone react the same as before

Phone is discharge, when i plug the charger the screen show battery
Then i've got Poco animation for 3 seconds then i've got charging amination

When i'm trying to power on the phone, the screen goes black
Then i have to wait the battery to discharge again
I also tried to charge until 20% then try to power on :(

Before and after removal the shield the phone react the same way

I've sucessfully start the phone one time but i don't remember what exactly i did....

Reactions: sarabbafrani
Apr 19, 2022
Hi !

I've sucessfully start the phone one time but i don't remember what exactly i did....
How did you discharge the battery?

leofa

Jan 7, 2008
Hi !

I was having the exact same problem. But prior to shield removal, it wasn't even charging (showing charge animation or anything like that).

After removing, it was behaving like yours but after one our checking, I realized that I wasn't assembling the board correctly and the board wasn't touching the buttons conectors on the botton left side of the board, near where the buttons are located on the phone. after checking that, phone worked like a charm. Rebooted multiple times, turned off and on and no problems at all so far.

Thanks @sarabbafrani !

Last edited:

ogy_j

Jul 9, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23
For the first charge, how many % of battery did you turn on the phone ?
When i'm pressing power button for 4 secondes, the phone turn black screen
I tried 2% 5% 10% 15% 20% 30%
for the moment nothing is working :(

edit : damnnn i've just broke the power button..

Last edited:

sarabbafrani

Dec 20, 2012
isfahan-IRAN
Xiaomi 12X

Do like me
Your phone will power up IMG_20220427_150150.jpgIMG_20220427_150718.jpg

Reactions: ogy_j and Sus_i

ogy_j

Jul 9, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23
No more battery sign, since the power buton is broken. Everything seems well plugged

Before, when battery is not plug in the motherboard, and i plug the charger, i have battery sign on the screen but no more now... :(
Capture.PNG

I can't press it anymore it

Reactions: sarabbafrani

sarabbafrani

Dec 20, 2012
isfahan-IRAN
Xiaomi 12X
No more battery sign, since the power buton is broken. Everything seems well plugged

Before, when battery is not plug in the motherboard, and i plug the charger, i have battery sign on the screen but no more now... :(View attachment 5599837
I can't press it anymore it
You can change this little key with soldering iron from another phone or buy new one its shorted now

sylvio2000

Nov 2, 2016
Hi.
Just a quick info for you (hope I can translate it correctly to english):
On monday I have sent my poco m3 to xiaomi. They said, if it is a hardware error they repair it for free. If not, they tell what the repair will cost.
Today (thursday) they wrote that they have to order a spare part to repair it.

Somebody here wrote xiaomi changed the mainboard of his phone. Maybe they do the same with mine. I never would have thought that they really repair such a cheap smartphone. I thought they just give me a new one 😁

Apr 19, 2022
Guys, how long do i have to wait for battery to fully discharge?.
It's a week and some days now, when i connect my phone to PC it still indicate by making the windows sound.
Before it was making double sound but now it only makes a single sound, the method I'm using to discharge is tying rubber bound with a piece of paper to the power button.

ANerdyNub

Apr 16, 2022
Guys, how long do i have to wait for battery to fully discharge?.
It's a week and some days now, when i connect my phone to PC it still indicate by making the windows sound.
Before it was making double sound but now it only makes a single sound, the method I'm using to discharge is tying rubber bound with a piece of paper to the power button.
depends on how much the battery was when you turned it off but for me it still took 3 days when I had 2% so I'm not sure

Linuxkek

May 29, 2019
Afaik wifi antenna connects automatically, if you add the backcover. There are two spring connectors in the back/top of the phone.

The antenna for 3g/4g mobile data signal, there is a small connector with a wire and we need to connect this manually...
So it can be the antenne if Wifi and 2G works but no 4G? But how it can find 4G network (see screenshot)?

I get my M3 back (warranty case) and anything works but no 4G. I also try to set it LTE only with *#*#4636#*#* but than no signal at all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-04-30-23-20-35-711_com.android.phone.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-04-30-23-20-35-711_com.android.phone.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 22

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    permanent and ultimate fix. just remove shield
    then reassemble phone

* There is no isolation ( inner side of shield)
    To prevent contact between capacitor and shield then we can isolate it or just removing that shield

Just do it with edl (Qualcomm 9008) condition (your pc will detect it when installing that driver in device manager ports)

youtube:
    any questions? connect with my WhatsApp
    i will tell details
    - CONFIRMED! -

I was little suspicious about @sarabbafrani advice, but it actually worked!

My Poco M3 went nuts after shutting down the alarm clock, only few symbols visible on the screen but otherwise totally unusable. I was able to power up the screen or shut it down but couldn't access the phone software. Only option was to reboot or shutdown with power button.

After reboot, the phone went totally dead. Couldn't boot up, not with long press power or power + volume up (or down). Plugging in the charger didn't do anything, no vibrations, nothing.

I did that phone disassembly, remove battery connector, push power button and plug battery again = normal boot. After this happened about 3 times within a month, I decided to try sarabbafrani solution.

Tear down the phone, remove plastic main board cover, took all 3 cameras away, disconnected antenna and took the main board away.

I had only hot air gun and decided to cover other parts with aluminium foil. First, I tried speed 1, but no success. Then full power, 5-10 sec blowing 10cm distance, firm grip with pliers and heat shield was out. It almost fell down. Do not use excessive force!

After cooling down I put motherboard back in and tried that same procedure with power button + battery cable in = nothing :( I thought I fried the whole thing. But when I plugged in the charger it showed the Poco logo and battery level - that's new. Decided to put everything back together.

It required a long press for power button and the phone started normally! I even did a software restart and it started normally. Charging works also normally.

I've been using it now only for few hours but hopefully the fix is permanent.

2.jpg

1.jpg
    then reassemble phone
    youtube:
    i will tell details
    Thnx my Poco M3 is now able to restart even shutdown. It always Boot.
    then reassemble phone
    youtube:
    i will tell details
    I just removed battery terminal and reconnect it, pushed power button and phone restarted normally, after being dead for 2days.
    then reassemble phone
    youtube:

Thank you very much :)
    After about two weeks with a dead poco m3 (the decharging-battery method worked only once for me),
    I can confirm that your fix works fine, really awesome and easy fix!
    Thanks again mate.... :)