poco m3 does not turn on anymore

Search This thread
Jul 18, 2015
I don't think software update can fix that. EDL is booted straight from PBL it does not even pass SBL or XBL

so I let drain battery by holding vol down + power with hair tie for three days. it left EDL mode when battery died, and low battery icon is displayed.

From this state I somehow managed to enter fastboot mode by only holding vol down with hair tie + connecting usb to PC (low charging 500mA)

once in fastboot mode I installed android_winusb.inf and booted from fastboot.exe

Code:
fastboot continue

Now I won't update or reboot ever and keep battery charged between 20% - 80%
Hello everyone! Thanks a bunch! This is the only method that worked. However, I did it slightly differently. Since it wouldn't boot in fastboot mode while was connected to my laptop, when it started charging I connected it to the charger and let it charge 2%. After I pushed down power and volume down and it triggered fast boot mode. Then I connected it to the laptop and used "fastboot continue command". Ther is also a small software tool that's called XiaomiADBFastbootTools, it's more user-friendly than cmd from platform-tools..

You saved me! Now I can retrieve all my personal files, charge it 100% and return it to the store after I forcibly induce a deadboot and use the warranty to fix it.

What a waste of time. My trust in Poco has left to never come back, since the phone is from a May 2021 batch, and they still made it and sold it knowing it has this fatal flaw.

Thanks again for this post and my special thanks to @Alecxs.

ogy_j

Jul 9, 2011
Incredible, i've tried everyday to turn on the phone and today it's start alone..

I've plug the charger then it show battery then i saw the phone booting by itself
I don't know how but i'll try to not turning off

Now i've got a question i'm on firmware 12.5.4 and the latest is 12.5.5
Do you think i can update or it will black screen again ?
I think i also can't reboot it ?

No warranty because i bought it on aliexpress
Thx

Last edited:

MeMeMeOnlyMe

Jun 25, 2022
At first, many thought that their phone had run out of power due to this problem, but according to users, their device had enough charge before the process began, and after the process, even before the shutdown, their phone was connected to the charger. have been. Even after turning off, users have reconnected their phone to charging, but this problem has not been fixed.
Solve the problem of Poco M3 not turning on (method one)
According to Techtrends.news, to solve the problem of not turning on their Xiaomi Poco M3, many users first put it in Fastboot mode and from there, booted it back into the operating system. To do this, follow these steps in order.

To get started, your phone must be turned off first. Since your phone is currently turned off due to some update issues, press the power button plus the volume down key together to fast boot it and hold them for 4 to 5 seconds. Doing so will put your phone in fast boot mode.

In this step, in order to be able to turn your phone from fast boot mode to operating system, you have to press the volume down and power button again and hold them for a few seconds. This will take your device out of fast boot mode and return to operating system mode.

Try this first method to solve the problem of turning on Poco M3. Some users have solved this problem by doing this method, but if this way your phone does not return to normal, try the other methods that we introduce to you.

The Second and final solution to this problem is that you have to drain your battery completely. To do this, set aside your phone so that its battery level drops to zero percent and turns off.

rohith_rls

Jul 1, 2022
it has heat sink problem, if you leave it to drain ,it may work after 2-3 daysor else u can remove that capacitors and place it again.

animenald

Jul 5, 2022
After the brick and following the fix made (removing shield), My power button as well as volume up and down button are not functioning. Please help.

dfight

Nov 18, 2012
2022/07/08 newest miui global 12.5.6 stable poco m3 citrus

12.5.6.0(RJFEUXM)

android 11

I update 21 app from google store then think I need to clean and spped up phone.

Open security app and cleaner to clean all cache then boost speed to clean ram.

Security scan to secure phone.

Reboot. Brick my phone.

Omg. Newest miui and it happen to me?

I found out this discussion. Thank you guys.

My solution is removing SIM card, SD card.

Power button + volume down to go in fastboot mode.

Then XiaomiADBFastbootTools to reboot to system.
(Thankyou4allthework #281 in this discussion)

stuck at mi logo.

power button for few minutes then black screen.

Again in EDL....Suck!

Retry power button + volume down to fastboot mode

XiaomiADBFastbootTools to reboot to system.

stuck at...MIUI logo.....what? do we have MIUI logo?

Retry again.

O M G! My phone revive! thx you all guys thx.

But my problem is...could it happen again?

Ivan1967

Oct 12, 2019
I removed heat sink without heating, only brute force, but carefully. Put the pieces together, put on charger and it turned on immediatelly. Did a factory reset, updated to MIUI 12.5.6. No deadboots anymore. Thanks for solution, I couldn't imagine how sloppy design this was. Shameomi...

Reactions: Sus_i

ogy_j

Jul 9, 2011
didn't reboot yet
but do you think removing the shield + the 2 capacitor is the solution ?
(end of the video)

Eiion

Hopefully this doesnt happen to anyone.. saw this vid on youtube. Basically poco m3 doesnt turn on even when battery connectors removed.
Unfortunately that is exactly what happened to one of our phones. Unplugging the battery didn't do anything. Firmware is 12.5.5. Update 12.5.6.0 is available but of course, after downloading and tapping restart the phone never turns on again. (What a piece of crap.... but well, it was cheap at just under 90€ back then.)
Yesterday we've opened an RMA case for it and are supposed to send it back. Since the display has scratches though and a very attentive technician might notice that the phone was previously opened (I didn't remove the screw with the water damage sticker and was extremely careful to leave everything as never opened) and they'll try to charge something (like a new display or such) although the only problem is that damned firmware.
I'm considering a custom room to save us all the trouble (and likely money) but I wonder how to install it if the phone can't be turned on after turning it off/restarting it (unless you let the battery deplete first).

Edit: This is what urks me... If a custom ROM is said (elsewhere) to fix the issue then how can it be the short mentioned in this thread that's causing the problem?

Last edited:

Kremalac

Jul 20, 2022
How can i drain my battery fast

I turned it off 13/7 and now its 20/7 and still not opening
should i hold power button every 2-3 minutes or it will just drain by itself

Copro

Jul 28, 2009
During a hot day the Poco M3 phone had problems with WIFI reception and I thought a reboot might fix it.
So I tried rebooting it but it never came back on and stayed black - no reaction to the charger. But when connected to a Windows PC it shows "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" with e.g. port COM20.
So I am currently trying to drain the battery faster while holding the POWER button but I think it might take a few more days because I might have been at 65% charge.

If I read correctly the other chance I have is to open the device and remove the shield as @sarabbafrani suggested.
Ideally I wanted to get the phone back up again, take a backup and then get it replaced ... or maybe try to remove the shield myself.

Reactions: Sus_i

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
Ideally I wanted to get the phone back up again, take a backup and then get it replaced ... or maybe try to remove the shield myself.
(y)

You may do the drain method to boot (worked only once for me), take the backup and then remove the shield carefully. My phone works just fine without the shield...

Reactions: Copro

hrrhacker

Feb 4, 2015
I removed heat sink without heating, only brute force, but carefully. Put the pieces together, put on charger and it turned on immediatelly. Did a factory reset, updated to MIUI 12.5.6. No deadboots anymore. Thanks for solution, I couldn't imagine how sloppy design this was. Shameomi...
Did the problem occurred again or that's a permanent fix i am in the same situation i removed the shield but nothing happened waiting from 3 days once a charging icon appeared i removed the charger because it was slow to change it to fast one but the charging icon disappeared

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

also for me, my POCO M3 don't reboot : i have no warranty valid (i buy it used).
    I remove the back cover, and the screws to access to main board : i can unplug the battery.
    After plug again the battery the phone boot (i'm on MIUI 12.5.6).
    But each next boot the phone will stay in QDL mode (lsusb output = Bus 001 Device 005: ID 05c6:9008 Qualcomm, Inc. Gobi Wireless Modem (QDL mode))

=> what can i do now ?
    Read the thread.
    There's a shield to be removed from the Mainboard that's causing a short.
    How can i drain my battery fast

I turned it off 13/7 and now its 20/7 and still not opening
    should i hold power button every 2-3 minutes or it will just drain by itself
    If it was fully charged and drains about 10% per day, you know how much longer you'll have to wait 😉
    During a hot day the Poco M3 phone had problems with WIFI reception and I thought a reboot might fix it.
    So I tried rebooting it but it never came back on and stayed black - no reaction to the charger. But when connected to a Windows PC it shows "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" with e.g. port COM20.
    So I am currently trying to drain the battery faster while holding the POWER button but I think it might take a few more days because I might have been at 65% charge.

If I read correctly the other chance I have is to open the device and remove the shield as @sarabbafrani suggested.
    I was thinking: it's not better to remove the shield, cut the topper part, and solder it again?! Couse will isolating other parts like antennas, etc.. or just drill some ventilation holes..
    permanent and ultimate fix. just remove shield
    then reassemble phone

* There is no isolation ( inner side of shield)
    To prevent contact between capacitor and shield then we can isolate it or just removing that shield

Just do it with edl (Qualcomm 9008) condition (your pc will detect it when installing that driver in device manager ports)

After that all if any problem persistent connect with my WhatsApp i will answer
    +989131074612

youtube:
    any questions? connect with my WhatsApp
    i will tell details
    - CONFIRMED! -

I was little suspicious about @sarabbafrani advice, but it actually worked!

My Poco M3 went nuts after shutting down the alarm clock, only few symbols visible on the screen but otherwise totally unusable. I was able to power up the screen or shut it down but couldn't access the phone software. Only option was to reboot or shutdown with power button.

After reboot, the phone went totally dead. Couldn't boot up, not with long press power or power + volume up (or down). Plugging in the charger didn't do anything, no vibrations, nothing.

I did that phone disassembly, remove battery connector, push power button and plug battery again = normal boot. After this happened about 3 times within a month, I decided to try sarabbafrani solution.

Tear down the phone, remove plastic main board cover, took all 3 cameras away, disconnected antenna and took the main board away.

I had only hot air gun and decided to cover other parts with aluminium foil. First, I tried speed 1, but no success. Then full power, 5-10 sec blowing 10cm distance, firm grip with pliers and heat shield was out. It almost fell down. Do not use excessive force!

After cooling down I put motherboard back in and tried that same procedure with power button + battery cable in = nothing :( I thought I fried the whole thing. But when I plugged in the charger it showed the Poco logo and battery level - that's new. Decided to put everything back together.

It required a long press for power button and the phone started normally! I even did a software restart and it started normally. Charging works also normally.

I've been using it now only for few hours but hopefully the fix is permanent.

2.jpg

1.jpg
    If the draining battery method worked for you, you should do the mentioned fix...
    Otherwise the deadboot can happen anytime again. Worst case, in between an update or something like that.
    It depends on distance between shield and capacitor
    In some cases these two contacted all times
    In other cases if main board gets warm then capacitor connects to shield it will gets warmer and more battery usage
    I didn't have a soldering station or a heat gun available and since the alternative was to throw everything in the garbage, I removed the shield in a somewhat barbaric way. I took a fixed screwdriver with a wide tip and inserted it in the middle and with a little pressure the shield came off
    🤦🤦🤦 Do not attack in this way
    I should tell it for all owners
    1.Take off all cameras 2. Be careful about plastic parts 3. Cover all other parts from heating 4. Carefully heat that ic shield about 380-400°C 5. Carefully picking up vertically with Tweezers (be careful for shaking , pcb is hot with parts under shield ic and caps)
    Heat untill shield base solder gets weaker
    Pick it up without force because pcb ways may broken and affects on mobile network amplifier
    You can test mobile network with this code
    *#*#4636#*#* gsm only lte only and wcdma only
    Image attached, pcb damage after removing shield cold
    permanent and ultimate fix. just remove shield
    then reassemble phone
    youtube:
    any questions? connect with my WhatsApp
    i will tell details
    Thnx my Poco M3 is now able to restart even shutdown. It always Boot.
    FIX , FIX, FIX. My poco m3 stopped booting up/recovery/bootloader. Tried disconnecting battery connector, display connector, reheating but nothing worked permanent. Only solution was to wait for the battery to drain after which charge it enough to boot it. That worked but i couldn`t use recovery or bootloader until battery discharged and then booted it to recovery/bootloader as first boot. I contacted my friend from whom i bought the device from. He said its possibly due to some short circuit and all i had to do was clean the charging port (where the charger is connected) and the ear phone plug port with a tooth brush (bristles of tooth brush should be straight) dipped in 3-4 drops of petrol. At the time my phone was dead and was waiting for the battery to drain. However i followed my friends instructions and cleaned the charging and ear phone ports. After allowing the ports to dry i tried to boot the phone. It didn`t boot remaining dead. I had to wait a day+ for the battery to drain. I then charged it until it booted. I then tried to reboot it into bootloader and it WORKED. I treid recovery and it WORKED. Now AlhamdoLILLAH my phone is good as new except the marks on the cover made when i removed the cover. Try your luck Gentlemen.