• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

poco m3 does not turn on anymore

Search This thread

yankee77

Sep 2, 2012
Quezon City
Xiaomi finally replied to my email
And yes i didnt check my mail coz it took months i reported this on may
screenshot_20210830_221842_com-yahoo-mobile-client-android-mail-jpg.5397329

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210830_221842_com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210830_221842_com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.mail.jpg
    668.4 KB · Views: 3,701
  • Screenshot_20210830_221859_com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210830_221859_com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.mail.jpg
    506.8 KB · Views: 429

RyanVIII

i found the problem
its capacitor short circuit with shield
works 100% 😍
i got this problem after 12.0.9 recovery update .tried to downgrade to 12.0.4 using fastboot, still the same then upgraded to 12.0.10. after replacing stock recovery with twrp my poco went dead..i've been trying so hard to turn on this poco for the past 4 days and did all the methods including heating the motherboard , removing the battery,reconnecting all the connectors, draining the battery but none of all these work for me..but this time the phone turned on .. but it's just a temporary fix...anyway thanks for the method(y)

newbiez5p

Aug 29, 2021
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
Honor 5X
i got this problem after 12.0.9 recovery update .tried to downgrade to 12.0.4 using fastboot, still the same then upgraded to 12.0.10. after replacing stock recovery with twrp my poco went dead..i've been trying so hard to turn on this poco for the past 4 days and did all the methods including heating the motherboard , removing the battery,reconnecting all the connectors, draining the battery but none of all these work for me..but this time the phone turned on .. but it's just a temporary fix...anyway thanks for the method(y)
can u pls explain

newbiez5p

Aug 29, 2021
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
Honor 5X
see this video...i just removed the ic cover..
oh i saw that
but i found ez way:

unplug battery
plug charger then plug battery cable
u will see POCO screen and charging animation but wont boot up

in my case i waited and saw that ic from video started to heat up
it seems there is ic(u might u call it chip) problem
after heating up i unplugged charger then pushed power btn then it boot up
i could restart without blackscreen for 3~4 mins
i managed to go fastboot to unlock bootloader to flash custom rom but mi flash couldnt read my phone (read failed please refresh or reboot device :ERROR)

its expensive and hard to find parts for this phone in my country , will be fixed if i replace that ic ?

RyanVIII

oh i saw that
but i found ez way:

unplug battery

i managed to go fastboot to unlock bootloader to flash custom rom but mi flash couldnt read my phone (read failed please refresh or reboot device :ERROR)

its expensive and hard to find parts for this phone in my country , will be fixed if i replace that ic ?
yup same for me... i can restart it without any problems for a few minutes..about the ic, i'm not sure about it..i never tried it..

Reactions: newbiez5p

AlphaBravo

Dec 22, 2010
Islamabad
Redmi Note 8 Pro
oh i saw that
but i found ez way:

unplug battery

How? Please explain in detail.

newbiez5p

Aug 29, 2021
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
Honor 5X
How? Please explain in detail.

i think i already said in detail

un plug battery
do this part vert fast -->
insert charger then asap re plug battery cable then hold power btn to boot up
// if u fail to see poco or battery anime then redo
its pretty simple
if u search xda vw , there is someone who uploaded similar to this a video to his google drive

Lef1337

May 10, 2014
i manage to make it boot again with the battery trick is any permanent software fix ,specific update or firmware ? i have the last update at the moment

Top Liked Posts

You found the problem or the solution? And what did you do to fix it?
    I guess nobody will read the last three pages for you ;)
    The fix is easy to find, you can see it even in the 'top-liked-posts' overview of this thread...
    took off the screen on 09/27/2021, tried everything that was advised first. only the removal of protection helped.

this is the solution

this is the result

permanent and ultimate fix. just remove shield
    then reassemble phone
    youtube:
    any questions? connect with my WhatsApp
    i will tell details
    Thnx my Poco M3 is now able to restart even shutdown. It always Boot.
    I am sorry if my comment gave you the wrong idea at some point but as you can see I have no reason to accuse you of lying:

All I'm looking for is OP to clarify my doubt (if possible) and post solid proof that his method works.
    Isn't it odd that at this point no one has tried, recorded and uploaded to YouTube?
    There are hundreds of reballing/reflow videos but I have only seen two pointing out this fix in short videos.

I just want the OP to give us more than just pictures

it shouldn't be hard for someone who claims to have repaired to date over 500 units, right?
    You can test it bro
    I am sorry if my comment gave you the wrong idea at some point but as you can see I have no reason to accuse you of lying:

All I'm looking for is OP to clarify my doubt (if possible) and post solid proof that his method works.
    Isn't it odd that at this point no one has tried, recorded and uploaded to YouTube?
    There are hundreds of reballing/reflow videos but I have only seen two pointing out this fix in short videos.

I just want the OP to give us more than just pictures

it shouldn't be hard for someone who claims to have repaired to date over 500 units, right?
    I work for importer company , that We provide after sale services instead of the manufacturer because of sanctions in iran, for free.
    Other companies in my country also sending their phones for me to fix

That was Cause of this quantity
    I can not take video and fix @ same time
    Ok bro i will record new video soon
    You can test it bro

I work for importer company , that We provide after sale services instead of the manufacturer because of sanctions in iran, for free.
    Other companies in my country also sending their phones for me to fix

That was Cause of this quantity
    I can not take video and fix @ same time
    Ok bro i will record new video soon
    Hi guys, I made the repair as indicated by @sarabbafrani I removed the shield (pic attached) and the phone restarted immediately. I also updated to the latest miui 12.0.10 and everything seems to work for now. I will update you if there are any news.

Thanks to @sarabbafrani , nice job
    I hope you're right and over time more users will share their results in YT.
    I don't know if @sarabbafrani will do a more detailed video, seems his job is just repairing mobile stuff, but we will see more results over time.

In my honest opinion his fix is something for the xda frontpage.

Until then I don't think it's a good idea to try, the battery drain method still works for me and I can be patient
    (y)
    Thanks for taking the time to respond
    No problem :)
    contributing to the community.
    You too, xda is a nice community :)
    Can removing the shield compromise the security of the phone? What is that piece for?
    Yo can reuse that shield
    Just fill inner side of shield non conductive with kind of glue
    But i have no problem after removing it,till now after 3 months and 500 Phone fix

---You have another choice bro:
    Heat shild (untill),
    That stands up a little, but it need pro man to do. (you can not use hair dryers for 400°C to make shild base solder weaker 😂🤦)
    then reassemble phone
    youtube:
    i will tell details
    then reassemble phone
    youtube:
    i will tell details
    Thnx my Poco M3 is now able to restart even shutdown. It always Boot.
    I hope you're right and over time more users will share their results in YT.
    I don't know if @sarabbafrani will do a more detailed video, seems his job is just repairing mobile stuff, but we will see more results over time.

In my honest opinion his fix is something for the xda frontpage.

Until then I don't think it's a good idea to try, the battery drain method still works for me and I can be patient
    (y)
    Thanks for taking the time to respond
    No problem :)
    contributing to the community.
    You too, xda is a nice community :)
    Can removing the shield compromise the security of the phone? What is that piece for?
    Yo can reuse that shield
    Just fill inner side of shield non conductive with kind of glue
    But i have no problem after removing it,till now after 3 months and 500 Phone fix

---You have another choice bro:
    Heat shild (untill),
    That stands up a little, but it need pro man to do. (you can not use hair dryers for 400°C to make shild base solder weaker 😂🤦)
    FIX , FIX, FIX. My poco m3 stopped booting up/recovery/bootloader. Tried disconnecting battery connector, display connector, reheating but nothing worked permanent. Only solution was to wait for the battery to drain after which charge it enough to boot it. That worked but i couldn`t use recovery or bootloader until battery discharged and then booted it to recovery/bootloader as first boot. I contacted my friend from whom i bought the device from. He said its possibly due to some short circuit and all i had to do was clean the charging port (where the charger is connected) and the ear phone plug port with a tooth brush (bristles of tooth brush should be straight) dipped in 3-4 drops of petrol. At the time my phone was dead and was waiting for the battery to drain. However i followed my friends instructions and cleaned the charging and ear phone ports. After allowing the ports to dry i tried to boot the phone. It didn`t boot remaining dead. I had to wait a day+ for the battery to drain. I then charged it until it booted. I then tried to reboot it into bootloader and it WORKED. I treid recovery and it WORKED. Now AlhamdoLILLAH my phone is good as new except the marks on the cover made when i removed the cover. Try your luck Gentlemen.