• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

poco m3 does not turn on anymore

Search This thread

Lef1337

May 10, 2014
sku_442723_1.jpg

its very easy to open just need the blue tool check also if you want the video

Reactions: AlphaBravo

010janbaz

Apr 17, 2021
FIX , FIX, FIX. My poco m3 stopped booting up/recovery/bootloader. Tried disconnecting battery connector, display connector, reheating but nothing worked permanent. Only solution was to wait for the battery to drain after which charge it enough to boot it. That worked but i couldn`t use recovery or bootloader until battery discharged and then booted it to recovery/bootloader as first boot. I contacted my friend from whom i bought the device from. He said its possibly due to some short circuit and all i had to do was clean the charging port (where the charger is connected) and the ear phone plug port with a tooth brush (bristles of tooth brush should be straight) dipped in 3-4 drops of petrol. At the time my phone was dead and was waiting for the battery to drain. However i followed my friends instructions and cleaned the charging and ear phone ports. After allowing the ports to dry i tried to boot the phone. It didn`t boot remaining dead. I had to wait a day+ for the battery to drain. I then charged it until it booted. I then tried to reboot it into bootloader and it WORKED. I treid recovery and it WORKED. Now AlhamdoLILLAH my phone is good as new except the marks on the cover made when i removed the cover. Try your luck Gentlemen.

ArcherXY

Aug 21, 2021
Poco m3 drains battery by itself. General rule of the thumb
1-10% - 0 to 1 day
11-20% - 2 days
Basically 1 day is around 10% of battery

I think the motherboard is on but for some odd reason the display board and basically the whole thing doesnt turn on on. But it still is draining battery even when turned off. Removing the battery doesnt fix it. I tried several times
So I used a video going around for heating the circuit board and it turned on but I just recently updated it and immediately it went off for the reboot didn't turn on again

AlphaBravo

Dec 22, 2010
Islamabad
Redmi Note 8 Pro
FIX , FIX, FIX. My poco m3 stopped booting up/recovery/bootloader. Tried disconnecting battery connector, display connector, reheating but nothing worked permanent. Only solution was to wait for the battery to drain after which charge it enough to boot it. That worked but i couldn`t use recovery or bootloader until battery discharged and then booted it to recovery/bootloader as first boot. I contacted my friend from whom i bought the device from. He said its possibly due to some short circuit and all i had to do was clean the charging port (where the charger is connected) and the ear phone plug port with a tooth brush (bristles of tooth brush should be straight) dipped in 3-4 drops of petrol. At the time my phone was dead and was waiting for the battery to drain. However i followed my friends instructions and cleaned the charging and ear phone ports. After allowing the ports to dry i tried to boot the phone. It didn`t boot remaining dead. I had to wait a day+ for the battery to drain. I then charged it until it booted. I then tried to reboot it into bootloader and it WORKED. I treid recovery and it WORKED. Now AlhamdoLILLAH my phone is good as new except the marks on the cover made when i removed the cover. Try your luck Gentlemen.
That's great. Waiting for a day or so proved fruitful.

Dan32lx

Sep 23, 2021
I recently updated my Poco M3, it updated correctly but after that, it doesn't turn on anymore, I searched about it and I found that it was a problem with the update. I managed to turn on my phone again by pressing 13 seconds the power button, after that, I received a new update so I thought the update fixed that but when the phone rebooted to install the new update it doesn't turn on anymore. I've tried to enter fast boot mode but doesnt't works.

I don't know what should I do, I've tried again to hold on the power button and I also tried to enter fast boot but as I said it doesn't work. Also when I plug my phone to charge it, nothing happens

I hope someone can help me, and sorry for my bad English.
Allo everyone, forgive me bad english.
from start,
1, to get your poco m3 to work, only two ways, oppening and shock de battery as already explaind here, our let the battery drain. ALL OF THIS IS JUST TEMPORARY IT DOESN'T FIX THE PROBLEM
2. this fix is only temporary till next time your reboot.
3. forget hardware problems IT'S NOT HARDWARE PROBLEM.
4. it's just a big bug,
SOLUCION
As soon as get your fone to work go to updates, there will be an update to miui 12.5 (android 11 based) a 2,5GB file update it, it will go black again, let it be. after 3 hours try to fastboot it, power botton and vol -
if it dosen't work, do the shock battery.
it will fastboot.
it will freeze in fastboot. press power button 10 seconds and it boots
now you have android 11 (hugly basterd) and MIUI 12.5.
you can reboot it safelly for the final test.
FIXED

Reactions: Sus_i

sarabbafrani

Dec 20, 2012
isfahan-iran
permanent and ultimate fix. just remove shield
then reassemble phone
youtube:
any questions? connect with my WhatsApp
i will tell details

Attachments

• IMG-20210907-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20210907-WA0011.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG-20210927-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20210927-WA0000.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:

AlphaBravo

Dec 22, 2010
Islamabad
Redmi Note 8 Pro
then reassemble phone
youtube:
i will tell details
I just removed battery terminal and reconnect it, pushed power button and phone restarted normally, after being dead for 2days.

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
Reactions: sarabbafrani

Highsen

Sep 26, 2021
then reassemble phone
youtube:
i will tell details
Thnx my Poco M3 is now able to restart even shutdown. It always Boot.

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
then reassemble phone
youtube:

Thank you very much :)
After about two weeks with a dead poco m3 (the decharging-battery method worked only once for me),
I can confirm that your fix works fine, really awesome and easy fix!
Thanks again mate.... :)

MrHottabych

Sep 30, 2021

Attachments

• repair poco m3.png
    repair poco m3.png
    7.8 MB · Views: 55

angelfreak

Nov 27, 2014
Is someone after Black screen, dead phone and resurection after drain battery update to this New Rom that brake somany phones?
I just drain battery and will power on the phone, but this poco m3 is very bad phone with 4gb that works like 3gb maybe, bluetooth that has range maybe half meters, after that is loosing sound, connect ion with watch, Earphones....
If update or restarting kill the screen i will not do that but update says they improve lots of problems
edit: first things first, after reatach battery nothing happened...
in the morning I saw( after 3 days of draining) battery charging sign, and in was meant this is ok, I will leave on charge few hours. But nothing now , now more sign of charging and I can turn on phone...
open it deatach the battery but nothing, this one with ic shield? will be my last try because its risk for me. should I do something under this shield, video just stop, like you can drop this part in garbage

Last edited:

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
hould I do something under this shield, video just stop, like you can drop this part in garbage
I ditched the shield into the trash and the phone works really nice without it ;)

If you know someone with a hotair soldering station, there isn't a risk at all...

Maybe a heat-gun will work too, but thats a bit risky. I guess if you cover all parts arround the shield carefully with tinfoil, it should work too.

Top Liked Posts

I registered to say thank you sarabbafrani. Your method is working. I couldnt turn on my M3 using methods like draining the battery or even unpluging the battery. Phone was dead and bricked like hell. Then i saw your post and gave it a try. I removed the shield and assembled the phone. worked instantly I updated it to 12.0.10. with no problems. My POCO is working without problems since.

You sir are a true genius.
    then reassemble phone
    youtube:
    i will tell details
    then reassemble phone
    youtube:
    i will tell details
    I registered to say thank you sarabbafrani. Your method is working. I couldnt turn on my M3 using methods like draining the battery or even unpluging the battery. Phone was dead and bricked like hell. Then i saw your post and gave it a try. I removed the shield and assembled the phone. worked instantly I updated it to 12.0.10. with no problems. My POCO is working without problems since.

Can removing the shield compromise the security of the phone? What is that piece for?
    Yo can reuse that shield
    Just fill inner side of shield non conductive with kind of glue
    But i have no problem after removing it,till now after 3 months and 500 Phone fix

---You have another choice bro:
    Heat shild (untill),
    That stands up a little, but it need pro man to do. (you can not use hair dryers for 400°C to make shild base solder weaker 😂🤦)
    then reassemble phone
    youtube:
    i will tell details
    then reassemble phone
    youtube:
    i will tell details
    I hope you're right and over time more users will share their results in YT.
    I don't know if @sarabbafrani will do a more detailed video, seems his job is just repairing mobile stuff, but we will see more results over time.

In my honest opinion his fix is something for the xda frontpage.

Until then I don't think it's a good idea to try, the battery drain method still works for me and I can be patient
    (y)
    Thanks for taking the time to respond
    No problem :)
    contributing to the community.
    You too, xda is a nice community :)

Can removing the shield compromise the security of the phone? What is that piece for?
    Yo can reuse that shield
    Just fill inner side of shield non conductive with kind of glue
    But i have no problem after removing it,till now after 3 months and 500 Phone fix

---You have another choice bro:
    Heat shild (untill),
    That stands up a little, but it need pro man to do. (you can not use hair dryers for 400°C to make shild base solder weaker 😂🤦)