• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

poco m3 does not turn on anymore

Search This thread

N9 J9

Oct 20, 2021
Phone will soon get into edl just remove shield that i told bro
I don't have tool to remove the shield. (ノT_T)ノ ^┻━┻ . My phone start working today after I drained the battery.Its soo laggy, I tried to reboot then it dead again. (ノ≧∇≦)ノ ミ ┻━┻

Last edited:

sarabbafrani

Dec 20, 2012
isfahan-iran
I don't have tool to remove the shield. (ノT_T)ノ ^┻━┻ . My phone start working today after I drained the battery.Its soo laggy, I tried to reboot then it dead again. (ノ≧∇≦)ノ ミ ┻━┻
Use best termal paste on pmi632, cpu and hard (under and top of removable shield)
Enjoy best Performance 😍
You can remove shield with big lens under sun ray

Last edited:
Reactions: N9 J9 and Sus_i

MrHottabych

Sep 30, 2021
Moscow
took off the screen on 09/27/2021, tried everything that was advised first. only the removal of protection helped.

this is the solution

this is the result

Pwpg06

Oct 26, 2021
I guess nobody will read the last three pages for you ;)
The fix is easy to find, you can see it even in the 'top-liked-posts' overview of this thread...
Hi sorry I am a n00b in all this lol

I checked and took pics. This is a V5 like you said ... It is the one that has the problem

I live in Venezuela and unfortunately here you can't take your phone to just any technician because they change the parts and make up stories to charge you way more of what it really costs to fix a problem or hey simply keep the good parts
And tell you the phone has no fix

I attached two pics. One has what I think is the shield and the other shows the V5 number. I wanted to ask you ifnthemshield is the small one that shows there. Because the pics some people have show seem to be the same. I got still to find someone that I can ask to remove the shield

Thanks for all the help!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
  • image.png
    image.png
    963.9 KB · Views: 105

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
Hi sorry I am a n00b in all this lol

I checked and took pics. This is a V5 like you said ... It is the one that has the problem

I live in Venezuela and unfortunately here you can't take your phone to just any technician because they change the parts and make up stories to charge you way more of what it really costs to fix a problem or hey simply keep the good parts
And tell you the phone has no fix

I attached two pics. One has what I think is the shield and the other shows the V5 number. I wanted to ask you ifnthemshield is the small one that shows there. Because the pics some people have show seem to be the same. I got still to find someone that I can ask to remove the shield

Thanks for all the help!

It's the small shield at the corner, like @MrHottabych showed in the picture...
The best is if you find someone arround you with a hotair soldering station, but if you cover all parts near the shield, a heat-gun will work too. Important is that you remove the shield carefully, without a damage of the inner parts.

Reactions: sarabbafrani

Pwpg06

Oct 26, 2021
permanent and ultimate fix. just remove shield
then reassemble phone
youtube:
any questions? connect with my WhatsApp
i will tell details
Hi! I got a Few questions friend and Inwas wondering if You can give me your whatsapp info to connect with you so I can talk to you?

Reactions: sarabbafrani
i have the same problem but since i found a youtube video of reheating the charging IC though it fix the issue but second time restart my phone i came back again (dead) and i had to do the same process, dismantling the cp then reheat, then it fixed, now im afraid to restart my phone again.
Question 1: why the cp met this issue?
2: is there any connection about the latest update?
3: is it a bug or stgh?

pls. help me explain why it came to this issue its quite annoying for the cp?

ur reply is higly appreciated... thanks

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
i have the same problem but since i found a youtube video of reheating the charging IC though it fix the issue but second time restart my phone i came back again (dead) and i had to do the same process, dismantling the cp then reheat, then it fixed, now im afraid to restart my phone again.
Heating or cooling or battery draining isn't a fix at all, but it may help to boot the phone.
It's just a hardware issue, nothing to do with updates or OS versions.

This is the real fix:

Reactions: newcalf
Heating or cooling or battery draining isn't a fix at all, but it may help to boot the phone.
It's just a hardware issue, nothing to do with updates or OS versions.

This is the real fix:
yes i was hoping the same way to. but mine is something i dont understand.

Reactions: Sus_i

Pasarireng

Sep 10, 2017
Redmi Note 10
(Sorry to be a little bit out of topic here)
Two things are certain;

*that this seems to be happened to so many, if not all M3 phones around the world. Terrifying. How could Poco/Xiaomi sell something this bad?

**that I will cancel to buy this phone. (I was just going to buy this for one of my family member. I think, I'd better not). It's sad, because, on paper it supposed to be a good spec phone for the (low) price.. sad.. Again,.. how could Xiaomi/Poco let bad product like this out and sell it?.. Sad

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
(Sorry to be a little bit out of topic here)
Two things are certain;

*that this seems to be happened to so many, if not all M3 phones around the world. Terrifying. How could Poco/Xiaomi sell something this bad?
Thats why I think that the awesome fix from @sarabbafrani is a story for the xda frontpage :)
**that I will cancel to buy this phone. (I was just going to buy this for one of my family member. I think, I'd better not). It's sad, because, on paper it supposed to be a good spec phone for the (low) price.. sad.. Again,.. how could Xiaomi/Poco let bad product like this out and sell it?.. Sad
Who knows, they have maybe already fixed this fault in production ;)
and if not, the fix is public known and easy to do :p

Top Liked Posts

Will only removing the shield solve the problem?
    yes 99%
    but i have one phone with charging problem
    vcc connected to vdd
    i changed selfie camera
    1st-report charge sign
    2nd-remove that shield (i told )
    3rd- if 1% not fixed remove all cameras recheck charge amp. and msg me in whatsapp
    Which shield you're talking about? Can you share its picture?
    @sarabbafrani Hello I contacted you on whatsapp I think mine is in Edl
    Who knows, they have maybe already fixed this fault in production ;)
    and if not, the fix is public known and easy to do :p
    The fix is not easy for me or for many people I know, I'm sure.
    (of course you're entitled to your opinion, it may be easy for you, but not for me/many people I know,.. beside, I and many people don't buy a new phone to be fixed or to have any very probability to fix it soon, like the case with M3 as we can read here or on many other place in internet).
    The fix is not easy for me or for many people I know, I'm sure.
    (of course you're entitled to your opinion, it may be easy for you, but not for me/many people I know,.. beside, I and many people don't buy a new phone to be fixed or to have any very probability to fix it soon, like the case with M3 as we can read here or on many other place in internet).
    Yes, you are right... but you got me a bit wrong.

What I mean is that some phones need a special repair, like reballing chips, replaceing parts or something challenging like that... and the fix for the M3 isn't something special, it's very easy compared to other phones faults.

Of course you are right, dissasambly an almost new phone and rip shields of the board is awfull, therfore I would also buy an other phone if I were you :)
    Will only removing the shield solve the problem?
    yes 99%
    but i have one phone with charging problem
    vcc connected to vdd
    i changed selfie camera
    1st-report charge sign
    2nd-remove that shield (i told )
    3rd- if 1% not fixed remove all cameras recheck charge amp. and msg me in whatsapp
    then reassemble phone
    youtube:
    i will tell details
    then reassemble phone
    youtube:
    i will tell details
    Thnx my Poco M3 is now able to restart even shutdown. It always Boot.
    then reassemble phone
    youtube:

Thank you very much :)
    After about two weeks with a dead poco m3 (the decharging-battery method worked only once for me),
    I can confirm that your fix works fine, really awesome and easy fix!
    Thanks again mate.... :)
    Thnx my Poco M3 is now able to restart even shutdown. It always Boot.
    I'm able too to downgrade and upgrade using recovery roms. Currently running now in Miui 12.0.10 global
    FIX , FIX, FIX. My poco m3 stopped booting up/recovery/bootloader. Tried disconnecting battery connector, display connector, reheating but nothing worked permanent. Only solution was to wait for the battery to drain after which charge it enough to boot it. That worked but i couldn`t use recovery or bootloader until battery discharged and then booted it to recovery/bootloader as first boot. I contacted my friend from whom i bought the device from. He said its possibly due to some short circuit and all i had to do was clean the charging port (where the charger is connected) and the ear phone plug port with a tooth brush (bristles of tooth brush should be straight) dipped in 3-4 drops of petrol. At the time my phone was dead and was waiting for the battery to drain. However i followed my friends instructions and cleaned the charging and ear phone ports. After allowing the ports to dry i tried to boot the phone. It didn`t boot remaining dead. I had to wait a day+ for the battery to drain. I then charged it until it booted. I then tried to reboot it into bootloader and it WORKED. I treid recovery and it WORKED. Now AlhamdoLILLAH my phone is good as new except the marks on the cover made when i removed the cover. Try your luck Gentlemen.