poco m3 does not turn on anymore

Search This thread

ankitby2

Jun 19, 2020
I also have that same problem a few months before. If you have sim card in that phone try to call from another phone, it works for me.
There is no free way currently of doing it. You have to flash in edl mode which requires auth. You can contact for online paid services. They are cheaper than the service centers. You can dm me too. I can fix dead and unbrick.

AlphaBravo

Dec 22, 2010
Islamabad
Redmi Note 8 Pro
My POCO M3 has turned off two times before. First time I did battery disconnect reconnect and phone restarted.
Second time it turned off after 1.5 months again and I have to get it fixed from a technician by soldering method.
Now for the 3rd time it started to behave abnormally
- many apps started to stop working, lag in performance,
- delay in whatsapp message deliveries,
-WhatsApp pictures not opening or opening with blurry pictures,
-incoming calls not showing on screen at all.
Then it hanged with incoming calls, and finally turned off and didn't turn on.

What should I do now?

PPlease guide. Thank you

Mr.Armaani

Feb 27, 2014
It depends on distance between shield and capacitor
In some cases these two contacted all times
In other cases if main board gets warm then capacitor connects to shield it will gets warmer and more battery usage

🤦🤦🤦 Do not attack in this way
I should tell it for all owners
1.Take off all cameras 2. Be careful about plastic parts 3. Cover all other parts from heating 4. Carefully heat that ic shield about 380-400°C 5. Carefully picking up vertically with Tweezers (be careful for shaking , pcb is hot with parts under shield ic and caps)
Heat untill shield base solder gets weaker
Pick it up without force because pcb ways may broken and affects on mobile network amplifier
You can test mobile network with this code
*#*#4636#*#* gsm only lte only and wcdma only
Image attached, pcb damage after removing shield cold
how to fix mobile network amplifier if broken due to sheild removing process ??? I remove the shield but mobile network signal not working anymore ?

AlphaBravo

Dec 22, 2010
Islamabad
Redmi Note 8 Pro
how to fix mobile network amplifier if broken due to sheild removing process ??? I remove the shield but mobile network signal not working anymore ?
You may have forgotten to re-attach antenna terminal.

Attachments

• IMG_20220124_144145.jpg
    IMG_20220124_144145.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: Sus_i

sarabbafrani

Dec 20, 2012
isfahan-IRAN
My POCO M3 has turned off two times before. First time I did battery disconnect reconnect and phone restarted.
Second time it turned off after 1.5 months again and I have to get it fixed from a technician by soldering method.
Now for the 3rd time it started to behave abnormally
- many apps started to stop working, lag in performance,
- delay in whatsapp message deliveries,
-WhatsApp pictures not opening or opening with blurry pictures,
-incoming calls not showing on screen at all.
Then it hanged with incoming calls, and finally turned off and didn't turn on.

What should I do now?

PPlease guide. Thank you
Msg my WhatsApp +989131074612
Take pictures for me
Maybe There is power drain and heating issue

AlphaBravo

Dec 22, 2010
Islamabad
Redmi Note 8 Pro
After a few days of being OFF and battery drained, today I attached the charger and it started to show charging sign, charged to the max and now turned ON normally. I have factory resetted the phone and it normally turned Off and then On.
What can be the reason of previous abnormal behaviour and shutting down?
Overheating?
Should the phone be restarted after a couple of days or a week on regular basis?

rotoko

Oct 17, 2011
Bratislava
After a few days of being OFF and battery drained, today I attached the charger and it started to show charging sign, charged to the max and now turned ON normally. I have factory resetted the phone and it normally turned Off and then On.
What can be the reason of previous abnormal behaviour and shutting down?
Overheating?
Should the phone be restarted after a couple of days or a week on regular basis?
That's a question for Xiaomi.

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
Hi @sarabbafrani

I guess I have got a bad wifi antenna connection between the spring connectors on the Poco M3 and the golden metal-foil pads from the backcover. Wlan is really bad, until I do a hard press with the thumb on the cover next to the camera... then the wifi strength gets normal for a few hours... It gets also back to normal if I remove the cover and assemble it back.

A close look to this antenna metal-foil pads in the backcover expose some markings from the spring connector, I guess thats the culprit. Thought about to apply a small amount of solder, but I feel that will mess it up completely.

Do you have an advice on how to fix this?
Best regards :)

Loop-x

Feb 9, 2022
i don't know if the method i tried will work for everyone but if still want to try then you will have to be patient like i did because mine happened to me about 1 day 9 hrs ago as of the time i posted this.

i won,t advice u guys opening ur phone to try to fix the problem if u aren,t a technician.
and if ur sure the problem isnt from hardware issue and it happened like mine when i tried to restart my phone and didnt come on. i wont advice u to quickly give a technician to fix the problem or u trying to open the fixing it immediately. u shld try this becos doing anything else. if it doesnt work u are free to do anything u want.
ok now these are the steps did:

i tried the steps people posted in this forum the 1st and 2nd time it happened to me and it work after trying it over 7hrs and 3 hrs respectively.
the 3rd time it happened to me none of these steps worked. so as for this step u will have to drain ur battery completely, if u arent patient and u have other phones or a laptop to be using for the main time. it will take abt 5-10 days for the battery to drain completely if fully charged according to someone in this forum when doing nothing. using my method it might take u approximately 1day 9hrs to 2 days to drain it completely, if fully charged.

so how do to drain it faster is by holding the power button as long as u can. u can take breaks but continue doing it, what is happenig is that the phone will be keep up on turning off and on with and u wont be seeing it happening but if u connect it to a laptop u will notice it and if u put ur face on the screen after a long time pressing the power button u will notice that the screen is hot , eventually when the battery is completely drained then u will notice that the phone will then vibrate and show the charge icon, meaning that the battery is completely drained. then what u shld do next is to charge it, then switch on ur phone and that is it.

lastly me advice to u all, if u want to restart ur poco m3 next time instead of using restart just use the force reboot method by holding ur power button, do not leave the button, till the phone switches off and turn on.
i hope this method works for u all. if it didnt work then u are free to take it to the technician for repair.

AlphaBravo

Dec 22, 2010
Islamabad
Redmi Note 8 Pro
i don't know if the method i tried will work for everyone but if still want to try then you will have to be patient like i did because mine happened to me about 1 day 9 hrs ago as of the time i posted this.

i won,t advice u guys opening ur phone to try to fix the problem if u aren,t a technician.
and if ur sure the problem isnt from hardware issue and it happened like mine when i tried to restart my phone and didnt come on. i wont advice u to quickly give a technician to fix the problem or u trying to open the fixing it immediately. u shld try this becos doing anything else. if it doesnt work u are free to do anything u want.
ok now these are the steps did:

i tried the steps people posted in this forum the 1st and 2nd time it happened to me and it work after trying it over 7hrs and 3 hrs respectively.
the 3rd time it happened to me none of these steps worked. so as for this step u will have to drain ur battery completely, if u arent patient and u have other phones or a laptop to be using for the main time. it will take abt 5-10 days for the battery to drain completely if fully charged according to someone in this forum when doing nothing. using my method it might take u approximately 1day 9hrs to 2 days to drain it completely, if fully charged.

so how do to drain it faster is by holding the power button as long as u can. u can take breaks but continue doing it, what is happenig is that the phone will be keep up on turning off and on with and u wont be seeing it happening but if u connect it to a laptop u will notice it and if u put ur face on the screen after a long time pressing the power button u will notice that the screen is hot , eventually when the battery is completely drained then u will notice that the phone will then vibrate and show the charge icon, meaning that the battery is completely drained. then what u shld do next is to charge it, then switch on ur phone and that is it.

lastly me advice to u all, if u want to restart ur poco m3 next time instead of using restart just use the force reboot method by holding ur power button, do not leave the button, till the phone switches off and turn on.
i hope this method works for u all. if it didnt work then u are free to take it to the technician for repair.
This method has already been tested, advised and being followed.
One fellow here advised to put an earbud over the power button and a tight rubber band around phone over that earbud to continously press the power button to drain the battery faster. I have done this thing successfully.

rotoko

Oct 17, 2011
Bratislava
If I can advise you,
hardware error is unlikely, mostly software
we need to get to EDL software so we can revive the smartphone, but we need Poco M3 Citrus Eng Firmware (you can't fix it without it), which we install via Miflash, we install recovery via fastboot and flash rom.
Like is that.

digimoni

Oct 6, 2016
- CONFIRMED! -

I was little suspicious about @sarabbafrani advice, but it actually worked!

My Poco M3 went nuts after shutting down the alarm clock, only few symbols visible on the screen but otherwise totally unusable. I was able to power up the screen or shut it down but couldn't access the phone software. Only option was to reboot or shutdown with power button.

After reboot, the phone went totally dead. Couldn't boot up, not with long press power or power + volume up (or down). Plugging in the charger didn't do anything, no vibrations, nothing.

I did that phone disassembly, remove battery connector, push power button and plug battery again = normal boot. After this happened about 3 times within a month, I decided to try sarabbafrani solution.

Tear down the phone, remove plastic main board cover, took all 3 cameras away, disconnected antenna and took the main board away.

I had only hot air gun and decided to cover other parts with aluminium foil. First, I tried speed 1, but no success. Then full power, 5-10 sec blowing 10cm distance, firm grip with pliers and heat shield was out. It almost fell down. Do not use excessive force!

After cooling down I put motherboard back in and tried that same procedure with power button + battery cable in = nothing :( I thought I fried the whole thing. But when I plugged in the charger it showed the Poco logo and battery level - that's new. Decided to put everything back together.

It required a long press for power button and the phone started normally! I even did a software restart and it started normally. Charging works also normally.

I've been using it now only for few hours but hopefully the fix is permanent.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
Fix is permanent, did the same months ago and it works fine :)

Only the M3 wifi strength is still very annoying, I guess it's because the pads in the backcover are to soft, I see some deep marks on it from the spring antenna connectors, which (maybe?) leads in a bad contact. I saw a post from someone, who was adding a small amount of solder and claiming that will fix it, but Idk, haven't tried it for now.

Reactions: digimoni

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I registered just to say thanks for @sarabbafrani , thank you it worked, thank you.
    For the first charge, how many % of battery did you turn on the phone ?
    When i'm pressing power button for 4 secondes, the phone turn black screen
    I tried 2% 5% 10% 15% 20% 30%
    for the moment nothing is working :(

edit : damnnn i've just broke the power button..
    For the first charge, how many % of battery did you turn on the phone ?
    When i'm pressing power button for 4 secondes, the phone turn black screen
    I tried 2% 5% 10% 15% 20% 30%
    for the moment nothing is working :(

edit : damnnn i've just broke the power button..
    Do like me
    Your phone will power upIMG_20220427_150150.jpgIMG_20220427_150718.jpg
    Hi !
    I've remove the shield protector but the phone react the same as before

Phone is discharge, when i plug the charger the screen show battery
    Then i've got Poco animation for 3 seconds then i've got charging amination

When i'm trying to power on the phone, the screen goes black
    Then i have to wait the battery to discharge again
    I also tried to charge until 20% then try to power on :(

Before and after removal the shield the phone react the same way

I've sucessfully start the phone one time but i don't remember what exactly i did....
    I was having the exact same problem. But prior to shield removal, it wasn't even charging (showing charge animation or anything like that).

After removing, it was behaving like yours but after one our checking, I realized that I wasn't assembling the board correctly and the board wasn't touching the buttons conectors on the botton left side of the board, near where the buttons are located on the phone. after checking that, phone worked like a charm. Rebooted multiple times, turned off and on and no problems at all so far.

Thanks @sarabbafrani !
    I use 400°C with 120 air flow quickly
    Because with low temperature
    Pcb transfer heat to other components on motherboard and whole of pcb gets hot. Anyway this process depends on tools and experience
    Good morning from Nigeria. My Poco M3 came back to life after removing that cap you said we should remove. Theses no issue with it and I've been using it for the rest four days now. Thank you sir
    The question is: How does Xiaomi repairs the phone?
    I think they put a new motherboard in it. People having the repair done say the IMEI has changed.
    permanent and ultimate fix. just remove shield
    then reassemble phone

* There is no isolation ( inner side of shield)
    To prevent contact between capacitor and shield then we can isolate it or just removing that shield

Just do it with edl (Qualcomm 9008) condition (your pc will detect it when installing that driver in device manager ports)

After that all if any problem persistent connect with my WhatsApp i will answer
    +989131074612

youtube:
    any questions? connect with my WhatsApp
    i will tell details
    - CONFIRMED! -

I was little suspicious about @sarabbafrani advice, but it actually worked!

My Poco M3 went nuts after shutting down the alarm clock, only few symbols visible on the screen but otherwise totally unusable. I was able to power up the screen or shut it down but couldn't access the phone software. Only option was to reboot or shutdown with power button.

After reboot, the phone went totally dead. Couldn't boot up, not with long press power or power + volume up (or down). Plugging in the charger didn't do anything, no vibrations, nothing.

I did that phone disassembly, remove battery connector, push power button and plug battery again = normal boot. After this happened about 3 times within a month, I decided to try sarabbafrani solution.

Tear down the phone, remove plastic main board cover, took all 3 cameras away, disconnected antenna and took the main board away.

I had only hot air gun and decided to cover other parts with aluminium foil. First, I tried speed 1, but no success. Then full power, 5-10 sec blowing 10cm distance, firm grip with pliers and heat shield was out. It almost fell down. Do not use excessive force!

After cooling down I put motherboard back in and tried that same procedure with power button + battery cable in = nothing :( I thought I fried the whole thing. But when I plugged in the charger it showed the Poco logo and battery level - that's new. Decided to put everything back together.

It required a long press for power button and the phone started normally! I even did a software restart and it started normally. Charging works also normally.

2.jpg

1.jpg
    I am sorry if my comment gave you the wrong idea at some point but as you can see I have no reason to accuse you of lying:

All I'm looking for is OP to clarify my doubt (if possible) and post solid proof that his method works.
    Isn't it odd that at this point no one has tried, recorded and uploaded to YouTube?
    There are hundreds of reballing/reflow videos but I have only seen two pointing out this fix in short videos.

I just want the OP to give us more than just pictures

it shouldn't be hard for someone who claims to have repaired to date over 500 units, right?
    You can test it bro
    I am sorry if my comment gave you the wrong idea at some point but as you can see I have no reason to accuse you of lying:

All I'm looking for is OP to clarify my doubt (if possible) and post solid proof that his method works.
    Isn't it odd that at this point no one has tried, recorded and uploaded to YouTube?
    There are hundreds of reballing/reflow videos but I have only seen two pointing out this fix in short videos.

I just want the OP to give us more than just pictures

it shouldn't be hard for someone who claims to have repaired to date over 500 units, right?
    I work for importer company , that We provide after sale services instead of the manufacturer because of sanctions in iran, for free.
    Other companies in my country also sending their phones for me to fix

That was Cause of this quantity
    I can not take video and fix @ same time
    Ok bro i will record new video soon
    permanent and ultimate fix. just remove shield
    then reassemble phone
    youtube:
    any questions? connect with my WhatsApp
    i will tell details
    Thnx my Poco M3 is now able to restart even shutdown. It always Boot.
    FIX , FIX, FIX. My poco m3 stopped booting up/recovery/bootloader. Tried disconnecting battery connector, display connector, reheating but nothing worked permanent. Only solution was to wait for the battery to drain after which charge it enough to boot it. That worked but i couldn`t use recovery or bootloader until battery discharged and then booted it to recovery/bootloader as first boot. I contacted my friend from whom i bought the device from. He said its possibly due to some short circuit and all i had to do was clean the charging port (where the charger is connected) and the ear phone plug port with a tooth brush (bristles of tooth brush should be straight) dipped in 3-4 drops of petrol. At the time my phone was dead and was waiting for the battery to drain. However i followed my friends instructions and cleaned the charging and ear phone ports. After allowing the ports to dry i tried to boot the phone. It didn`t boot remaining dead. I had to wait a day+ for the battery to drain. I then charged it until it booted. I then tried to reboot it into bootloader and it WORKED. I treid recovery and it WORKED. Now AlhamdoLILLAH my phone is good as new except the marks on the cover made when i removed the cover. Try your luck Gentlemen.