poco m3 does not turn on anymore

Search This thread

ANerdyNub

Apr 16, 2022
I also got the deadboot with this update, I am now trying to update to 12.5.7
I discharged the battery as described here on the forum and just got it restarted by booting it up with power button + volume down. It vibrated briefly and the Fastboot logo appeared. Then it got stuck. Then I long pressed the power button and it booted up. After booting up, it showed a battery level of 12%.
The message came that the February security patch was successfully installed.
I now have the following version:
MIUI Global 12.5.5 Stable
Android version 11 RKQ1.201004.002
Android security update 2022-02-01

Is there a way to upgrade to another MIUI version so I can turn it off and on again without any problems?

ANerdyNub

Apr 16, 2022
what worked for me was just waiting for battery to drain and then put on charge and the battery icon appears, after 5 minutes poco logo appeared, after that it went back to battery icon, so I kept pressing volume down and up buttons so it doesn't go black and then when it shows one percent I just hold power button

Last edited:

sarabbafrani

Dec 20, 2012
isfahan-IRAN
Xiaomi 12X
so if I just hold the power button when phone is on to force poweroff, I can just turn it on normally after?

I was tinking of waiting for battery to go to 0 when the phone is on

Loop-x forgot to quote​

All scenarios are available , depends on capacitor gap in your phone
Best way is fix that i told here
Ask someone mobile technician to remove that little shield for permanent fix to end this problem forever

Reactions: Sus_i

alecxs

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 17, 2016
gitlab.com
flashing from MiFlash in EDL mode forces reboot, so it may exit EDL mode (if you're lucky)
I am still on V12.0.9.0.QJFEUXM EEA btw and never did any update. one day in brigudav's TWRP I tapped reboot to system and it happened...

mfoxbr

Jan 28, 2021
I'd like to say thank you for @sarabbafrani for the method that worked great on my mom's Poco M3. I'm a complete newbie on soldering and all, and I adventured myself on doing the shield removing as I didn't quite have trustworthy technicians around my city. My mom's cellphone went from not responding at all on pressing the power button from working great, with (at least as I'm posting this) no sequels at all. I protected all the motherboard (except the shield) with aluminum foil, used the heat blower setted on slow flow (300ºC), one drop of RMA 223 flux on the shield and went very slowly, following the steps on the video posted by @rajlesta, for witch I'd like to say thank you also! You guys are great!
I followed the method suggested by @sarabbafrani and it worked. Thank s bro.
Able to reboot normally now

My steps

sylvio2000

Nov 2, 2016
Hi. I have not read all posts in this thread, but I have one question:
Is the removing of the shield the only possible fix to be able to restart or power on/off this device anymore?
Or is it possible, after draining the battery, to install a custom rom and everything is fine?

Reactions: sarabbafrani

sarabbafrani

Dec 20, 2012
isfahan-IRAN
Xiaomi 12X
Hi. I have not read all posts in this thread, but I have one question:
Is the removing of the shield the only possible fix to be able to restart or power on/off this device anymore?
Or is it possible, after draining the battery, to install a custom rom and everything is fine?
If you want my opinion
Removing is better
Because I've seen some cases with draining battery , call instability and...
Its not dead problem only
Can affect on other parts.

alecxs

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 17, 2016
gitlab.com
I can report after draining battery for three days and good portion of luck phone finally booted again. But next day my phone switched in Safe mode without reason. So something is wrong for sure. Now I am stuck in Safe mode and can't use most of my apps

Reactions: sarabbafrani

sylvio2000

Nov 2, 2016
OK. I already wrote to Xiaomi support. They said if it is not a mechanical error they repair it for free. The phone is 1 year and 3 month old.
The question is: How does Xiaomi repairs the phone? I installed the xiaomi.eu rom. I think they will only set the device to stock rom. I will link xiaomi to this thread. Maybe it helps to understand the problem.

Apr 19, 2022
Hi guys, i own an M3, i got deadboot the first time and i had the shield removed by a good technician, after some weeks i got deadboot again when trying to reboot from fastboot mode, when i plug my phone to the computer makes the windows sound that the phone is connected to the computer but the screen is still black, what should i do guys???

• Wow
Reactions: alecxs

alecxs

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 17, 2016
gitlab.com
Bad. so the "fix" isn't as permanent as it seems...

you could try this

I don't think software update can fix that. EDL is booted straight from PBL it does not even pass SBL or XBL

so I let drain battery by holding vol down + power with hair tie for three days. it left EDL mode when battery died, and low battery icon is displayed.

From this state I somehow managed to enter fastboot mode by only holding vol down with hair tie + connecting usb to PC (low charging 500mA)

once in fastboot mode I installed android_winusb.inf and booted from fastboot.exe

Code:
fastboot continue

Now I won't update or reboot ever and keep battery charged between 20% - 80%

sarabbafrani

Dec 20, 2012
isfahan-IRAN
Xiaomi 12X
Hi guys, i own an M3, i got deadboot the first time and i had the shield removed by a good technician, after some weeks i got deadboot again when trying to reboot from fastboot mode, when i plug my phone to the computer makes the windows sound that the phone is connected to the computer but the screen is still black, what should i do guys???
Disassemble it take photo from motherboard and send me
To check you technician work
Measure charging amp
Connect to pc if Qualcomm 9008 detected feedback me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    permanent and ultimate fix. just remove shield
    then reassemble phone

* There is no isolation ( inner side of shield)
    To prevent contact between capacitor and shield then we can isolate it or just removing that shield

Just do it with edl (Qualcomm 9008) condition (your pc will detect it when installing that driver in device manager ports)

youtube:
    any questions? connect with my WhatsApp
    i will tell details
    - CONFIRMED! -

I was little suspicious about @sarabbafrani advice, but it actually worked!

My Poco M3 went nuts after shutting down the alarm clock, only few symbols visible on the screen but otherwise totally unusable. I was able to power up the screen or shut it down but couldn't access the phone software. Only option was to reboot or shutdown with power button.

After reboot, the phone went totally dead. Couldn't boot up, not with long press power or power + volume up (or down). Plugging in the charger didn't do anything, no vibrations, nothing.

I did that phone disassembly, remove battery connector, push power button and plug battery again = normal boot. After this happened about 3 times within a month, I decided to try sarabbafrani solution.

Tear down the phone, remove plastic main board cover, took all 3 cameras away, disconnected antenna and took the main board away.

I had only hot air gun and decided to cover other parts with aluminium foil. First, I tried speed 1, but no success. Then full power, 5-10 sec blowing 10cm distance, firm grip with pliers and heat shield was out. It almost fell down. Do not use excessive force!

After cooling down I put motherboard back in and tried that same procedure with power button + battery cable in = nothing :( I thought I fried the whole thing. But when I plugged in the charger it showed the Poco logo and battery level - that's new. Decided to put everything back together.

It required a long press for power button and the phone started normally! I even did a software restart and it started normally. Charging works also normally.

I've been using it now only for few hours but hopefully the fix is permanent.

2.jpg

1.jpg
    then reassemble phone
    youtube:
    i will tell details
    Thnx my Poco M3 is now able to restart even shutdown. It always Boot.
    then reassemble phone
    youtube:
    i will tell details
    I just removed battery terminal and reconnect it, pushed power button and phone restarted normally, after being dead for 2days.
    then reassemble phone
    youtube:

Thank you very much :)
    After about two weeks with a dead poco m3 (the decharging-battery method worked only once for me),
    I can confirm that your fix works fine, really awesome and easy fix!
    Thanks again mate.... :)