Poco M3 very slow?

Search This thread

MultiPDev

Dec 18, 2014
Hi guys, I just bought the Poco M3 and I find it very slow, not only on opening apps but also things like opening recent apps menu, popping up keyboard, etc. Anybody else is experiencing this? The specs are pretty decent so I guess it's a badly optimized OS. I've used MIUI before and I liked it so I'm kinda disappointed.

Last edited:

Eidenz

I've been playing with it for about an hour now, didn't install many apps though (just a few basic ones).

It does have some lags like you said (drawer, keyboard, opening apps...), but I find it alright for that price point.
Yeah, the CPU should handle that a bit better, but MIUI 12 isn't really known to be a light Android skin. I don't think they made much optimization for the M3, it's probably the same as the more powerful POCOs.

Overall it's fine imo, but I agree it should be better for the hardware inside.

Reactions: ChachiKeSi

MultiPDev

Dec 18, 2014
As a small update, I might add that after using it for a bit longer some of the lag went away, but it's still quite slow to open apps and do multi-tasking.
Thanks for your reply! I know the phone is super cheap and I shouldn't expect too much from it, but I've used MIUI before on even worse hardware and it was pretty smooth, so I was surprised by the lag. Nice phone otherwise(except camera which is pretty bad IMO). I didn't use it too much since it's not my main phone, but I'm going to use it more maybe it will get better. I'm also doing a hard reset. I hope it will get LineageOS soon, that would be awesome.

Reactions: DavitidzeSh

Eidenz

Yeah I see your point. I'm a Poco F2 Pro & X3 NFC user, so I also find the phone quite laggy, but it is acceptable in my opinion. But I do hope they will make some updates to improve performances, even just a bit.

(I recommend checking out the GCam thread I made for the camera, it gave me quite some decent results)

Reactions: sakilxda

MultiPDev

Dec 18, 2014
Yeah I see your point. I'm a Poco F2 Pro & X3 NFC user, so I also find the phone quite laggy, but it is acceptable in my opinion. But I do hope they will make some updates to improve performances, even just a bit.

(I recommend checking out the GCam thread I made for the camera, it gave me quite some decent results)
Nice!! I was just thinking about GCam and hoping that it would be available for this device. I will check your thread.

Reactions: sakilxda

KaMyKaSii

Feb 25, 2015
Just one question: have you tried to disable MIUI Optimizations in the developer options? I've seen users of other Xiaomi devices saying that it can improve the performance of the device, whether it's true or how much it improves, I don't know

Eidenz

Just one question: have you tried to disable MIUI Optimizations in the developer options? I've seen users of other Xiaomi devices saying that it can improve the performance of the device, whether it's true or how much it improves, I don't know

That could explain the part where I said performance improved after using it for a while. I actually switched off MIUI Optimization in this part.

Reactions: arhambro

MultiPDev

Dec 18, 2014
Done that, still slow. Will probably return the phone.

Burn2Hell

Jul 29, 2011
Tilburg
Out of the box the phone does not feel snappy.
I've debloated the phone, removed 60 packages.
The phone feels snappy now after removing Google Assistant.

Reactions: starbright_

Eidenz

this EU update has brought any changes to performance or not?

Hmm, I'd say with this update (as well as replacing the Poco launcher with Lawnchair), I did notice some performance improvement, yeah.
I wouldn't say by a lot, games still have the same amount of lag, but scrolling and opening apps definitely feel smoother and perfectly acceptable now imo.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, I just bought the Poco M3 and I find it very slow, not only on opening apps but also things like opening recent apps menu, popping up keyboard, etc. Anybody else is experiencing this? The specs are pretty decent so I guess it's a badly optimized OS. I've used MIUI before and I liked it so I'm kinda disappointed.
    Awesome! Waiting for your input.
    I've been playing with it for about an hour now, didn't install many apps though (just a few basic ones).

It does have some lags like you said (drawer, keyboard, opening apps...), but I find it alright for that price point.
    Yeah, the CPU should handle that a bit better, but MIUI 12 isn't really known to be a light Android skin. I don't think they made much optimization for the M3, it's probably the same as the more powerful POCOs.

Overall it's fine imo, but I agree it should be better for the hardware inside.
    As a small update, I might add that after using it for a bit longer some of the lag went away, but it's still quite slow to open apps and do multi-tasking.
    Thanks for your reply! I know the phone is super cheap and I shouldn't expect too much from it, but I've used MIUI before on even worse hardware and it was pretty smooth, so I was surprised by the lag. Nice phone otherwise(except camera which is pretty bad IMO). I didn't use it too much since it's not my main phone, but I'm going to use it more maybe it will get better. I'm also doing a hard reset. I hope it will get LineageOS soon, that would be awesome.