Poco Pixel 11 Plus Rom Loop Wont switch on

Search This thread

AshPocoPixel

May 25, 2022
Greetings,

I have been using my poco f1 for 4 years now and it has stood by me strongly. I only replaced the battery once due to excessive usage from covid (hotspot on almost 12+ hrs of the day).

It had pixel plus 11 rom in it and I was very happy with it too. Over the past 1 week, i noticed it was behaving strangely.

1. The charge time took almost 3hrs even though it showed charing rapidly
2. When I switch off the phone and keep it for the charge, it charges comparatively faster.
3. At certain times, it would freeze and restart.
4. Would heat up during charging, so I would keep it near a window or anywhere there is a breeze so that it doesn't overheat.

As of yesterday, the phone went into a complete loop after charging (It was off while being charged, once it reached 95% I unplugged and switched it on) with poco symbol followed by the 'G' icon appearing.

I thought i'd wait it out, but no luck. The weirdest thing was, when i reconnected my charger (Charge ON), it would switch on. And when i'd unplug it, the phone would switch off and go back into the loop.

The phone was near full charged, but i figured this is probably a rom issue and needs a good flash. So, I plugged the phone in for charging again so that I could switch it on and then took the necessary backups.

In parallel, I downloaded the latest rom (Pixel 12 stable build) thinking that if i flashed it would solve everything.

I connected the phone via USB to the laptop to copy the rom file, but it didn't swith on. It would only do so by charger. (Weird!). I tried it a couple of times, and managed to switch the phone via USB cable connected from laptop. But it didnt last for long as the phone would switch off shortly. Fortunately, it was on for just enough time and i mean, a couple of times till I could copy the file into storage for flashing.

I reconnected it back to the wall charger, switched on and took backups. At this point the phone has reached 100% for about 2hrs or so, but there's nothing i can do in order to get it to be on.

I proceeded to flash pixel rom 12 via twrp after clearing the cache, davlik and all of that. It was successful (no error messages appeared) and when i rebooted it I could see that the rom went through fine as the charging '100%' icon has changed (Its more graphic) but the phone still wont switch on and continues to be on this loop.

Can anyone please advise me on how I can tackle this? I dont want to buy a new phone as I feel there is nothing out there that would match this phone for its value. (I can use pixel rom, good battery, durability)

Any help in this matter would be highly appreciated.

I'd be more than happy to make a contribution to anyone who can provide me with a solution that works. I'd rather be happy with my old phone and you can treat yourself to a nice meal rather than having to buy a brand new phone. (So far, im looking at mi 11x, s20 fe, mi 11 lite, oneplus 9R, but to be honest they just don't appeal to me. You know what they say, once you go poco, you go loco!!!!)

Thankyou
Be safe

Last edited:

Retrial

Recognized Contributor & Translator
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sony Xperia L
Greetings,

I have been using my poco f1 for 4 years now and it has stood by me strongly. I only replaced the battery once due to excessive usage from covid (hotspot on almost 12+ hrs of the day).

It had pixel plus 11 rom in it and I was very happy with it too. Over the past 1 week, i noticed it was behaving strangely.

2. When I switch off the phone and keep it for the charge, it charges comparatively faster.
4. Would heat up during charging, so I would keep it near a window or anywhere there is a breeze so that it doesn't overheat.

As of yesterday, the phone went into a complete loop after charging (It was off while being charged, once it reached 95% I unplugged and switched it on) with poco symbol followed by the 'G' icon appearing.

I thought i'd wait it out, but no luck. The weirdest thing was, when i reconnected my charger (Charge ON), it would switch on. And when i'd unplug it, the phone would switch off and go back into the loop.

The phone was near full charged, but i figured this is probably a rom issue and needs a good flash. So, I plugged the phone in for charging again so that I could switch it on and then took the necessary backups.

In parallel, I downloaded the latest rom (Pixel 12 stable build) thinking that if i flashed it would solve everything.

I connected the phone via USB to the laptop to copy the rom file, but it didn't swith on. It would only do so by charger. (Weird!). I tried it a couple of times, and managed to switch the phone via USB cable connected from laptop. But it didnt last for long as the phone would switch off shortly. Fortunately, it was on for just enough time and i mean, a couple of times till I could copy the file into storage for flashing.

I reconnected it back to the wall charger, switched on and took backups. At this point the phone has reached 100% for about 2hrs or so, but there's nothing i can do in order to get it to be on.

I proceeded to flash pixel rom 12 via twrp after clearing the cache, davlik and all of that. It was successful (no error messages appeared) and when i rebooted it I could see that the rom went through fine as the charging '100%' icon has changed (Its more graphic) but the phone still wont switch on and continues to be on this loop.

Can anyone please advise me on how I can tackle this? I dont want to buy a new phone as I feel there is nothing out there that would match this phone for its value. (I can use pixel rom, good battery, durability)

I'd be more than happy to make a contribution to anyone who can provide me with a solution that works. I'd rather be happy with my old phone and you can treat yourself to a nice meal rather than having to buy a brand new phone. (So far, im looking at mi 11x, s20 fe, mi 11 lite, oneplus 9R, but to be honest they just don't appeal to me. You know what they say, once you go poco, you go loco!!!!)

Thankyou
Be safe
Firstly make sure you followed this installation guide.
Then if you are sure that flashing is correct, I think it's your battery issue. You should replace it.

AshPocoPixel

May 25, 2022
Then if you are sure that flashing is correct, I think it's your battery issue. You should replace it.
Hi there!

Thanks for replying!

I tried the same out all day yesterday and had no luck.

I have given it to a mobile repair shop nearby (we have a separate market for mobiles here).
Hopefully they can sort it out or else I'll go for a used S20 FE 5G, saw a couple of them ranging from $300 - $400

Reactions: Retrial

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sony Xperia L
Hi there!

Thanks for replying!

I have given it to a mobile repair shop nearby (we have a separate market for mobiles here).
Hopefully they can sort it out or else I'll go for a used S20 FE 5G, saw a couple of them ranging from $300 - $400
You could just buy and replace the battery by urself with 5min YouTube video :p

In repair shop they may ask extra money or try to show u that needs more than battery.

I am sure it's battery tho.

AshPocoPixel

May 25, 2022

In repair shop they may ask extra money or try to show u that needs more than battery.

Hi there!

Thanks for replying. So, my phone did get fixed, apparently, the issue was due to the charger port and battery connection. Somewhere there was a short circuit causing that issue.

They mentioned this happens due to overcharging or using the phone when on charge or running heavy applications.

Yes, a battery replacement would add a few more hours of battery life I'm sure as I currently average 6 hours on heavy usage.

I plan to use this phone till it no longer runs as the alternatives out there arent really all that great with respect to value for money and reliability. I hope to get my hands on the mi 12x, it looks really appealing!

Reactions: Retrial

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sony Xperia L
Hi there!

Thanks for replying. So, my phone did get fixed, apparently, the issue was due to the charger port and battery connection. Somewhere there was a short circuit causing that issue.

They mentioned this happens due to overcharging or using the phone when on charge or running heavy applications.

Yes, a battery replacement would add a few more hours of battery life I'm sure as I currently average 6 hours on heavy usage.

I plan to use this phone till it no longer runs as the alternatives out there arent really all that great with respect to value for money and reliability. I hope to get my hands on the mi 12x, it looks really appealing!
I am glad you found the problem and you got it fixed :)
For sure hardware of POCO F1 is still good and worth the money. Enjoy the paradise of custom ROMs 😝

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings,

Thankyou
    Be safe
    Hi there!

Thanks for replying!

Hi there!

I am glad you found the problem and you got it fixed :)
    For sure hardware of POCO F1 is still good and worth the money. Enjoy the paradise of custom ROMs 😝
    Hi there!

Thanks for replying!

Hi there!