General poco x3 battery (BN61) for poco x3 pro

Search This thread

jinishpv

Mar 25, 2013
Alleppey
Yesterday i just brought a used poco x3 pro 8/128 for 8k INR , when i compare it with the regular x3 the physical attributes are almost same except the thickness its because the x3 has a higher capacity battery. i have a friend in the xioami service center ,from him i had brought the regular x3 battery which costs only 799 INR . its strange that 6000mah batter cost less than the pros battery (BN57) which has 5160mah and it costs 1999 INR, strange is it .the battery swapping is just straight doesn't need to make any modification internally .just swapp it with regular x3 battery which is BN61 .the problem i faced when i tried to close with the x3 pro back panel , it was not fitting properly like stock a huge gap with the back panel and the mid frame .it was because the increase in thickness of the regular x3 battery .. what i did then i just brought the regular x3 back panel to match the BN61 battery thickness and it worked .the time i am writing this post its just few minutes after completing the whole process .and i dont have a great idea what the battery life of the 5160mah battery . i will surely update with the battery life ,charging speeds in the comming days , i had applied for the bootloader unlock 6 more days have to wait to unlock , any one please tell me a good android 11 based gaming rom , kernel and thermal for this beast so that i can try after bootloader unlock . THE THINGS U NEED FOR THE MODIFICATION IS BN61 BATTERY AND REGULAR POCO X3 BACK PANEL, for the disassembly process just go through youtube its easy so many videos is uploaded there

Reactions: i_sagnik

i_sagnik

Sep 3, 2021
West Bengal
Wow, now I am thinking of doing that!
ROM: ArrowOS 11, stable, fast and great. (I use ArrowOS 12.1 which is Android 12L)
Kernel: NoGravityKernel

Reactions: jinishpv

jinishpv

Mar 25, 2013
Alleppey
ROM: ArrowOS 11, stable, fast and great. (I use ArrowOS 12.1 which is Android 12L)
i prefer android 11 based roms because media control via Bluetooth in android 12 is terrible like i use galaxy watch LTE ,when paired with android 12 based stock or custom rom media control don't work and not to mention control via Bluetooth headset also not possible i use oneplus buds pro and vivo tws neo

Reactions: i_sagnik

Tomo123

just swapp it with regular x3 battery which is BN61 .the problem i faced when i tried to close with the x3 pro back panel , it was not fitting properly like stock a huge gap with the back panel and the mid frame .it was because the increase in thickness of the regular x3 battery .. what i did then i just brought the regular x3 back panel to match the BN61 battery thickness and it worked .

How about some close-up pictures, so we can see the fit and finish? No reason to go out hunting for all we need if in the end it just looks like a hacked up monstrosity.

jinishpv

Mar 25, 2013
Alleppey
i think the focus in not that great

Attachments

• IMG20220629183748.jpg
    IMG20220629183748.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG20220629183839.jpg
    IMG20220629183839.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG20220629183757.jpg
    IMG20220629183757.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG20220629183832.jpg
    IMG20220629183832.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG20220629183847.jpg
    IMG20220629183847.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 60

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yesterday i just brought a used poco x3 pro 8/128 for 8k INR , when i compare it with the regular x3 the physical attributes are almost same except the thickness its because the x3 has a higher capacity battery. i have a friend in the xioami service center ,from him i had brought the regular x3 battery which costs only 799 INR . its strange that 6000mah batter cost less than the pros battery (BN57) which has 5160mah and it costs 1999 INR, strange is it .the battery swapping is just straight doesn't need to make any modification internally .just swapp it with regular x3 battery which is BN61 .the problem i faced when i tried to close with the x3 pro back panel , it was not fitting properly like stock a huge gap with the back panel and the mid frame .it was because the increase in thickness of the regular x3 battery .. what i did then i just brought the regular x3 back panel to match the BN61 battery thickness and it worked .the time i am writing this post its just few minutes after completing the whole process .and i dont have a great idea what the battery life of the 5160mah battery . i will surely update with the battery life ,charging speeds in the comming days , i had applied for the bootloader unlock 6 more days have to wait to unlock , any one please tell me a good android 11 based gaming rom , kernel and thermal for this beast so that i can try after bootloader unlock . THE THINGS U NEED FOR THE MODIFICATION IS BN61 BATTERY AND REGULAR POCO X3 BACK PANEL, for the disassembly process just go through youtube its easy so many videos is uploaded there
    i prefer android 11 based roms because media control via Bluetooth in android 12 is terrible like i use galaxy watch LTE ,when paired with android 12 based stock or custom rom media control don't work and not to mention control via Bluetooth headset also not possible i use oneplus buds pro and vivo tws neo
    View attachment 5648785
    It looks good but there is a gap there, I guess the splash resistance has been compromised!
    Yes bro that's right