POCO X3 NFC proximity sensor issue. During calls, screen does not light when the phone away from my ear.

Search This thread

Alrich

May 3, 2015
Goa
There are a lot of people who are facing this issue with the Poco NFC. There are usually 3 problems and you need to try all of them.

1: Hardware issue : Cannot be fixed in software and requires device replacement in warranty.

2: Screen Guard that's dirty or too large covering the sensor area.

3: A bug in the software that can be fixed with a factory reset.

The proximity sensor is located on the top left of the camera punch hole near the LED light. So make sure nothing is clogged in that area or the screen guard is not scratched or covering that area. You will be able to see the sensor if it's working if you make a call and point another camera at it and notice a blinking light. I'm hoping it's just dirt or debris and that you don't have to get a device replacement.

Pocopoñy

Mar 24, 2021
Me having exactly same issue. Screen doesn't turn off during calls when I put my face near or touch the sensor.
****ty thing else

fonz93

Sep 15, 2013
Pescara
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
The problem is the new miui update 12.0.8.0, the new firmware/vendor is somehow broken (indeed if you go on custom ROM the bug will still be there), to fix it i went back to MIUI 12.0.7.0 via fastboot (just to assure being clean, i don't know if the problem is in vendor or firmware)

edit: i did some tests and miui is 100% safe till 12.0.7.0, the only one broken is 12.0.8.0 so if you are having problems flash via fastboot the previous one and stay with it or go to custom rom (with 12.0.7.0 or older firmware/vendor)

Last edited:
Reactions: le_zurdo and pnin

MrPotatoBall

Mar 9, 2020
The problem is the new miui update 12.0.8.0, the new firmware/vendor is somehow broken (indeed if you go on custom ROM the bug will still be there), to fix it i went back to MIUI 12.0.7.0 via fastboot (just to assure being clean, i don't know if the problem is in vendor or firmware)

edit: i did some tests and miui is 100% safe till 12.0.7.0, the only one broken is 12.0.8.0 so if you are having problems flash via fastboot the previous one and stay with it or go to custom rom (with 12.0.7.0 or older firmware/vendor)

Good to know, but I'll wait for the next update and hopefully they will fix it.

Alrich

May 3, 2015
Goa

edit: i did some tests and miui is 100% safe till 12.0.7.0, the only one broken is 12.0.8.0 so if you are having problems flash via

Me having exactly same issue. Screen doesn't turn off during calls when I put my face near or touch the sensor.
****ty thing else
Good to know, but I'll wait for the next update and hopefully they will fix it.
Okay I don't understand this new XDA reply thing... But if you guys figure out the particular trigger in the MIUI software please let me know.

Alrich

May 3, 2015
Goa
What is this new complex reply system?
I can't even cancel it. Even if I clear data of the browser and log in it brings me back to this complex stacked reply system. Can anyone explain?

tuncay_93

Dec 18, 2011
Recalibrate proximity sensor.
1. open settings
2. click all specs
3. click Kernel Version 3 milion times
4. CIT menu will open.
5. click three dots top right corner
6. click additional tools
7. select option nr.10 proximity sensor
8. click calibrate.
9 go back to CIT
10. Select option nr. 15 proximity sensor to test

Reactions: Alex01d

MrPotatoBall

Mar 9, 2020
1. open settings
2. click all specs
4. CIT menu will open.
8. click calibrate.
9 go back to CIT

Still doesn't work after calibrated.

Alrich

May 3, 2015
Goa
Alright you seem to be confident your problem is a "software" problem even though all the software remedies suggested to you haven't worked. Mind you, these remedies are coming from people who have the same phone as you and are on the same firmware as you.

In fact regardless of your region, since the date you posted, there have been two more system updates and your problem still isn't solved.

RMA your device or flash custom ROM.
If not you can still continue to believe it's a software problem till your warranty expires.

fonz93

Sep 15, 2013
Pescara
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Alright you seem to be confident your problem is a "software" problem even though all the software remedies suggested to you haven't worked. Mind you, these remedies are coming from people who have the same phone as you and are on the same firmware as you.

In fact regardless of your region, since the date you posted, there have been two more system updates and your problem still isn't solved.

If not you can still continue to believe it's a software problem till your warranty expires.

why should it be an hardware issue when it's clear that the bug came with a software update? so we all have a faulty proximity sensor? it's full of people having this problem... we just downgraded to 12.0.7.0 firmware and all it's solved, custom rom it's not the solution, downgrading the firmware is... then you can do what you want (installing a custom rom too)

Reactions: MrPotatoBall

MrPotatoBall

Mar 9, 2020

Yes, I'm CONFIDENT to say it is a "software" problem.

You obviously didn't even follow this thread.

MrPotatoBall

Mar 9, 2020
why should it be an hardware issue when it's clear that the bug came with a software update? so we all have a faulty proximity sensor? it's full of people having this problem... we just downgraded to 12.0.7.0 firmware and all it's solved, custom rom it's not the solution, downgrading the firmware is... then you can do what you want (installing a custom rom too)

Well said.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are a lot of people who are facing this issue with the Poco NFC. There are usually 3 problems and you need to try all of them.

1: Hardware issue : Cannot be fixed in software and requires device replacement in warranty.

2: Screen Guard that's dirty or too large covering the sensor area.

3: A bug in the software that can be fixed with a factory reset.

The proximity sensor is located on the top left of the camera punch hole near the LED light. So make sure nothing is clogged in that area or the screen guard is not scratched or covering that area. You will be able to see the sensor if it's working if you make a call and point another camera at it and notice a blinking light. I'm hoping it's just dirt or debris and that you don't have to get a device replacement.

1. open settings
    2. click all specs
    4. CIT menu will open.
    8. click calibrate.
    9 go back to CIT