Question Poco X3 pro bugs

Search This thread

LexXiKk

Apr 11, 2019
I'm using 8/256gb MIUI 12.5.1.0 global version and I have some issues.
I can't upload anything anywhere from gallery or any file manager. It's really annoying. I would attach a video I've recorded here, but I can't.
I'm having more and more problems with this phone. Photos don't save to gallery, so I had to use Google photos and some third party file managers to do the job. It forces dark mode on every app when you have dark mode turned on, even when it sometimes looks ****ty and I had to turn off messenger heads, cause they disabled them and instead, now they look square and don't work like they're supposed to, so I had to turn them off. I've created this account just to ask this, cause I felt like you people might know what's going on. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: ChriMo

allan_sundry

Feb 25, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Looks Mike 12.5.1 is a public beta (have it on my phone as well)... File a feedback report to POCO, post some comments at Play Store... and wait for upcoming update of MIUI or switch to some custom ROM.

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
I can't upload anything anywhere from gallery or any file manager. It's really annoying. I would attach a video I've recorded here, but I can't.
Same device, same issue. I had it on MIUI 12.0.5 and have it now on 12.5.1 (both debloated). It believed it was because of the debloating but reading this it might be a problem only on the 8/256 GB version?
I can share from MIUI gallery but not from any Messenger (WhatsApp) or Edit App (Snapseed). I always need to save the pic/video and only then I can share. So annoying.
Edit: after turning on MIUI optimization, --- noticed the uploading bug be fixed.
Had to look this up (was not sure if debloating killed it). Had to reenable the developer settings again by tapping multiple times on the MIUI version in the About 12.5.1 section.
Then Phone settings > Additional settings > Developer options > Turn on MIUI optimization (was off)
So I enabled that and so far checking it it really seems to solve the issue. Weird that this is causing such file sharing problems.

ashjas

Feb 26, 2011
MIUI optimizations is just crap.
Firstly, someone at xiaomi was drunk who chose a name like this.
If its turned on, i have experienced, few apks fail to install.
Once its turned off, you can install those apps, but then whole of UI is messed up(like circle icons go square, and dont know what else..)
So basically miui chose to hinder people of turning optimizations off, by deliberately introducing these kind of wiered issues.
I just cant handle miui .. just cant.
No one should use MIUI.. its just a piece of CRAP.

Reactions: masterross

aaron2812

Jul 13, 2017
Once its turned off, you can install those apps, but then whole of UI is messed up(like circle icons go square, and dont know what else..)
So basically miui chose to hinder people of turning optimizations off, by deliberately introducing these kind of wiered issues.

Yeah. I turned off MiUi optimization now my notification shade is all buggy and icons are square which makes it awful to look at. Also, notification of the same app won't bundle. I even tried turning on miui optimization back on, didn't fix it.

ashjas

Feb 26, 2011
Yeah. I turned off MiUi optimization now my notification shade is all buggy and icons are square which makes it awful to look at. Also, notification of the same app won't bundle. I even tried turning on miui optimization back on, didn't fix it.
there is another twist MIUI has in store for you... it also needs a reboot to fully fix.

Chinadragon888

Sep 30, 2021
Lately ever since the last update, my Poco x3 phone, which I purchased in January of 2020/2021 has been acting rather weirdly.

Before the update or patch I could easily edit my documents, now it won't let me write anything or it double collies the text/writing or puts it in odd places that I didn't command it to do so, this is really annoying because it means my work turns into Gibberish.

I've tried everything from a hard reset to uninstalling then reinstalling my apps, but nothing works.

I even tried to o email Poco about this problem but all my emails suddenly vanished once I seid send like they never existed, also my work has been mysteriously disappeared like I deleted it when I know I didn't.

Anyone else having these problems?

If so why, and is there an easy fix?.

Yours sincerely

Mr Kwan Ming

TioCareca

Sep 8, 2010
Barreiro
Xiaomi Poco F1
Redmi K20 Pro
Lately ever since the last update, my Poco x3 phone, which I purchased in January of 2020/2021 has been acting rather weirdly.

Before the update or patch I could easily edit my documents, now it won't let me write anything or it double collies the text/writing or puts it in odd places that I didn't command it to do so, this is really annoying because it means my work turns into Gibberish.

I've tried everything from a hard reset to uninstalling then reinstalling my apps, but nothing works.

I even tried to o email Poco about this problem but all my emails suddenly vanished once I seid send like they never existed, also my work has been mysteriously disappeared like I deleted it when I know I didn't.

Anyone else having these problems?

If so why, and is there an easy fix?.

Yours sincerely

Mr Kwan Ming
Best fast easy fix is get a custom rom and get rid of miui...🤣

Now on a serious not, you may need to wait for next update to fix it or take the phone to a xiaomi service center for them to try fix it...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm having more and more problems with this phone. Photos don't save to gallery, so I had to use Google photos and some third party file managers to do the job. It forces dark mode on every app when you have dark mode turned on, even when it sometimes looks ****ty and I had to turn off messenger heads, cause they disabled them and instead, now they look square and don't work like they're supposed to, so I had to turn them off. I've created this account just to ask this, cause I felt like you people might know what's going on. Thanks in advance.
    Edit: after turning on MIUI optimization, most of the problems are fixed.
    Edit: after turning on MIUI optimization, most of the problems are fixed.
    Still not all. I've only noticed the uploading bug be fixed, the rest stayed the same.
    It's MIUI that is buggy. 256/8 is fine.

Other custom ROMs do better.