Question Poco X3 Pro Kernel

Search This thread

astronomy2021

May 1, 2021
Hi,

Gpu overclock is my reason to root poco.
I'm new to this I want to ask if KonaBess works with Poco X3 Pro ?
I know that works with 855/855+ and anybody tested this ?
Is there Kernel for Poco X3 Pro that increase Gpu Freq to 700-800 Mhz for gaming ?

Last edited by a moderator:

wojownikhaha

• Apr 3, 2014
    Overclocking to 700Mhz is useless for me, because GPU from SD860 has 675Mhz as max. frequency.

And yes - messing with KonaBess cause reboot under heavy load.

astronomy2021

May 1, 2021
    Overclocking to 700Mhz is useless for me, because GPU from SD860 has 675Mhz as max. frequency.

And yes - messing with KonaBess cause reboot under heavy load.
    But to 750-765 or 800 Mhz is worth it ,but someone tell me that snapdragon 860 is first chip with " seems like frequency tables for 860 is locked :(. TZ locked "

So i don't know about this staff is that possible that 860 can't be overclock with konabess or kernel ?
    That is why I want root.

wojownikhaha

• Apr 3, 2014
    @keyzjn
    I am using 3D Mark as benchmark.
    See scores for each frequency below.

Attachments

• 690_mhz.png
      690_mhz.png
      474.7 KB · Views: 230
    • 685_mhz.png
      685_mhz.png
      474.7 KB · Views: 230
    • 675_mhz.png
      675_mhz.png
      475.3 KB · Views: 232
    Reactions: keyzjn

never00miss

• Aug 2, 2012
    730Mhz is unstable even on NOM_l3
    You need to know that how much hardware using voltage on some level, "it's not only gpu that you measure". Example cpu will use more voltage if it's freq is maxed, and your TFT/IPS screen Will use some voltage to if brightness maxed.

So if you use NOM_L3 on GPU, please calculate other hardware to successfully measure "hardware used resources voltage" for overclocking.

You need to install some battery measurements like accubattery or something to get value of current MaH used by devices and do overclock step by step to migrate NOM_L3

Mine works if cpu is downgraded from 2.4ghz to 2.2ghz, and with lowest screen brightness to do 850mhz on snapdragon 855

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
    I think that gpu is tzlocked at 692mhz. Sadly so this is max freq from 855+/860 which we can get.
    Maybe modifying kernel will unlock this.
    There's a kernel in the Telegram group.
    • Performance improvements (No, it's not a gaming kernel)

1620823161147.png

And a probably related ROM

1620823268230.png

Also read what never00miss said in the reply, might even work on stock kernel.

Last edited:

Ad3s12

• Jul 12, 2019
    OnePlus 8 Pro
    Well, from my experience, that kernel definitely does not overclock, however, it makes the phone run really smooth, especially on custom roms. You can try doing it yourself (oc), or wait for gaming kernel. However, i dont see the need in overclocking this phone, really.

View attachment 5307021

View attachment 5307025

Reactions: wojownikhaha

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
    Well, from my experience, that kernel definitely does not overclock, however, it makes the phone run really smooth, especially on custom roms. You can try doing it yourself (oc), or wait for gaming kernel. However, i dont see the need in overclocking this phone, really.
    I don't need OC either.
    Smooth, issue-less, and good battery backup longevity is enough.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      is it possible to go beyond 692mhz by increasing the voltage or doing something else? Of course, using a cooler to cool the phone
      There is no possible idea how to do it what we know. But maybe recomposing kernel will increase freq.
      Now we know that this is max freq :(
      @keyzjn
      I am using 3D Mark as benchmark.
      See scores for each frequency below.

View attachment 5307021

View attachment 5307025

is it possible to go beyond 692mhz by increasing the voltage or doing something else? Of course, using a cooler to cool the phone
      There is no possible idea how to do it what we know. But maybe recomposing kernel will increase freq.
      Now we know that this is max freq :(
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone