• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Poco X3 Pro Kernel

Search This thread

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
I don't think it is no problem to overclock though, it's just that you haven't see or feel it yet. Battery and heat is the obvious ones.

NoahL

May 26, 2021
Im using pocox3 pro with arrow os. My device overheat when plays pubg even with attached cooler. My room doesn't have a/c. I think the overheat cause of oc chipset. What can i do? Please help me 😔

astronomy2021

May 1, 2021
Im using pocox3 pro with arrow os. My device overheat when plays pubg even with attached cooler. My room doesn't have a/c. I think the overheat cause of oc chipset. What can i do? Please help me 😔
What do you mean ? Avg PUGG is 86 Fps with high setttings , what temperature battery do you have ?
Max is 45-50 C of battery.

"Remember that CPU temps are the same as battery,every every cpu beside 888 can not display temperature. This CPU temps are algorithm generated

If you want Cpu temp always use battery temperature , cpu temp is 1-2C away for it :)
Most smartphone beside 888 do have any sensors on cpu to measure the temperature so they using algorithm to predict what is temperature.

Only thermometer in most smartphone are with battery"

NoahL

May 26, 2021
What do you mean ? Avg PUGG is 86 Fps with high setttings , what temperature battery do you have ?
Max is 45-50 C of battery.

"Remember that CPU temps are the same as battery,every every cpu beside 888 can not display temperature. This CPU temps are algorithm generated

If you want Cpu temp always use battery temperature , cpu temp is 1-2C away for it :)
Most smartphone beside 888 do have any sensors on cpu to measure the temperature so they using algorithm to predict what is temperature.

Only thermometer in most smartphone are with battery"
I think it's happened because of my coutry tropical weather which can up to 36°c

NoahL

May 26, 2021
I dunno but obviously overheat because my gameplay becomes lag & stuttering. Never happened before this.

I just root and install konabess. I used derpfest os with etherious kernel. Gpu max 675. It's feels good for pubgm. How to get 690? Do i have to change kernel? Will it get even hot if i push it to 690?

astronomy2021

May 1, 2021
I dunno but obviously overheat because my gameplay becomes lag & stuttering. Never happened before this.

I just root and install konabess. I used derpfest os with etherious kernel. Gpu max 675. It's feels good for pubgm. How to get 690? Do i have to change kernel? Will it get even hot if i push it to 690?
Install kernel manager and set governors cpu to PERFORMANCE
And overclock to 692 with Undervolt SYS_L2 and you can change timings of memory inn FREQ TABLE you can experiment with ddr7 and ddr8 bus freq.

2. We install the app, grant Root access and open the app.
3. First of all, we click BACKUP OLD IMAGE and back up our stock boot image. The backup boot image you receive when you click will come to your phone's main memory. If you flash this boot.img image as an image from recovery when you have problems, it will return to its original state.
4.Then we click on the EDİt GPU FREQ TABLE and select 855+ from the list (although the POCO X3 Pro processor is SD860, it uses 855+ architecturally.)
5. We click on the New section and click on the new frequency.
6. Here we click Frequency and change the first 3 values. So if the phone's stock max GPU speed frequency is 675 mhz, we make the first three digits 692 without touching the zeros and click save GPU FREQ TABLE.
Now we're throwing a voltage level at this new frequency.
7. We click on THE GPU VOLT TABLE, click New and click on the new frequency.
8. In the same way that we do above, we enter the new frequency value from the Frequency section where we set the first 3 values(692). Then we click Voltage Level and select SVS_L2 from the list. 9. Finally, we click SAVE GPU VOLT TABLE and click REPACK AND FLASH NEW IMAGE on the top left.

Now your phone will automatically ask if you want to do the transactions and reboot. Yes click and reboot. That's all the transactions...

Attachments

• Screenshot (94).png
    Screenshot (94).png
    15.9 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot 2021-05-28 135215.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-28 135215.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

NoahL

May 26, 2021
Thank youc so much. I manage to do it. I wanna ask, if i lowered the cpu from 2.96 to 2.84 or even lower with highest gpu is there any problems?

astronomy2021

May 1, 2021
Thank youc so much. I manage to do it. I wanna ask, if i lowered the cpu from 2.96 to 2.84 or even lower with highest gpu is there any problems?
Anything but you lower cpu performance, with "Performance " Governor 860 in Poco X3 Pro can stick to max freq with highest settings in Geshin Impact like in post above.
No not at all but cpu freq is controlled by algorithm so may not set but you can try it.

goziedrew

Nov 28, 2016
Update: successfully overclocked to 685Mhz using KonaBess 😳 What a success.

Let's try 695Mhzh... That's too much.

Mabye 690Mhz?

Yeah - 690Mhz is perfectly stable.
Please. How were you able to do this?

I switched from an overclocked K20 Pro to this. And from what I've seen the old K20(Quantic Kernel) leaves Poco X3 Pro in the dust.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @keyzjn
    I am using 3D Mark as benchmark.
    See scores for each frequency below.
    Well, from my experience, that kernel definitely does not overclock, however, it makes the phone run really smooth, especially on custom roms. You can try doing it yourself (oc), or wait for gaming kernel. However, i dont see the need in overclocking this phone, really.
    There's a kernel in the Telegram group.
    • Performance improvements (No, it's not a gaming kernel)

View attachment 5307021

And a probably related ROM

View attachment 5307025

Also read what never00miss said in the reply, might even work on stock kernel.
    is it possible to go beyond 692mhz by increasing the voltage or doing something else? Of course, using a cooler to cool the phone
    There is no possible idea how to do it what we know. But maybe recomposing kernel will increase freq.
    Now we know that this is max freq :(