• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Poco X3 Pro - Known issues and solutions

What's the biggest issue you got (max 2)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

TioCareca

Issues:
1. If the volume is high the back vibrates/trembles a bit.

2. When on a call, people around you may listen to the person you're having a call with because the earpiece is quite loud.

3. Some people complain about screen flickering/blinking on lowest brightness.

4. Audio is distorted/choppy on video recordings.

5. Some people complain about touch issues. More precisely, long swipes + holding = jitter (not stable) and some long swipes stop midway.

Solutions - fixes:
1. It can be fixed in MIUI by enabling dev settings, searching for mono audio and changing audio balance to the right which reduces the volume from the left speaker / earpiece. In AOSP ROMs the option is in Settings > Accessibility > Audio balance. Personally, I got used to it and haven't changed anything. It gives a bass feeling. And it's not that noticeable when using a case.

2. It can be improved by doing the same as #1. For a more efficient solution, wait for a fix in custom ROMs.

3. It only happens on the lowest brightness: 1%. So just turn the brightness slider to >=2%. Poco X3 Pro's screen can go so dim that it almost goes completely off. This is really useful for people who use their phones in total darkness. Some custom ROMs have increased the minimum brightness value a bit.

4. It was fixed in 12.0.5.0 EEA and 12.0.6.0 Global stock MIUI and MIUI based custom ROMs. If you're on an older version, please update.

5. Check which display you have. According to dozens of reports so far, 9/10 of 8/256 vayu variants have Huaxing, 9/10 of 6/128 vayu variants have Tianma and all bhima variants have Tianma.
If you have Huaxing, you're fine. If you have Tianma, most units should be fine: no swipe issues and no jitter at all. But even if you're among the unlucky ones, everything can be improved or even be completely fixed by using lybkernel TS-MOD variant which has tweakable touch sysfs.

Last edited:
Reactions: zapzog

abelkov

May 31, 2015
2 Poco x3 pro 256gb 8gb here and both are with tianma displays. No touch screen issues. One has flickering on lowest and brightest - seen only 3 times for more than a month of usage. That's it.

JSGuangco

Oct 30, 2012
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I have a Poco X3 Pro 6/128 and it has a Huaxing panel. So far, I haven't experienced any issues aside from the overheating. It's not really "that hot" but it's just a bit hotter than my old phone (Honor Play) with casual use. If I play graphic intensive games like Genshin Impact, it does get hot.

Reactions: TioCareca

Akinaro

Sep 14, 2013
Its Plastic back cover that.... yes, you gusset it. It move as every plastic, and when you drop some weird loud bass, loudspeaker gonna push lots of air around it...
Not to mention that Im sure it not really back cover, but just speakers them self that make noise, as we need to admit Poco X3 Pro have nice powerful speakers so it have some punch.
Honestly almost every phone loudspeaker gonna get distorted sound when you max out sound... Not to mention that all depend on sound source.

If you Listen to music on phone speakers... well.... you probably annoy everyone else around you anyway as no normal person listen to FULL VOLUME music on phone... Not to mention movies...
And as ringtone? its loud enough even at 70-80%, + you have vibration, notification led, and most of people today use smartband/smartwatch so its hard to miss a call. For anything else, just use BT or wired headphones.

Pocox3profemboi

Oct 16, 2021
Tartu
I have a problem with Dark Mode, basically i play a game called Torn, it has a dark mode already inside but MIUI still tries to dark mode it and the result is disgusting oversaturated white icons and i cant disable the dark mode on torn but i can for other apps, any idea what to do? My eyes are bleeding.

TioCareca

I have a problem with Dark Mode, basically i play a game called Torn, it has a dark mode already inside but MIUI still tries to dark mode it and the result is disgusting oversaturated white icons and i cant disable the dark mode on torn but i can for other apps, any idea what to do? My eyes are bleeding.
maybe thats miui problem, i would advice to try a custom rom, but send me link to game so i can try it outside miui...

Pocox3profemboi

Oct 16, 2021
Tartu

TioCareca

all looking good on lineageOS

you say you can't disable dark mode in game?
its working here.

so as i search for the bug, seems miui dark mode is bugged with apps that has dark mode build in, the only solution is do turn miui dark mode off when playing the game, by turn in off only for game in miui dark mode options or if the game not on the list turn dark mode completely off...

more here: https://piunikaweb.com/2021/08/05/m...ode-issues-with-apps-like-messenger-snapchat/

Pocox3profemboi

Oct 16, 2021
Tartu
all looking good on lineageOS

you say you can't disable dark mode in game?
its working here.

so as i search for the bug, seems miui dark mode is bugged with apps that has dark mode build in, the only solution is do turn miui dark mode off when playing the game, by turn in off only for game in miui dark mode options or if the game not on the list turn dark mode completely off...
Alright, thank you!

Abdullah.Csit

Feb 14, 2014
Iraq
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Redmi Note 9 Pro

Just Go to "Settings > Display > DarkMode > More dark mode options" Then toggle off forcing dark mode to your game or apps that already including dark mode

BlueMoonRising

Dec 9, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Don't know if this is a known issue or not but it's just become apparent that I randomly wasn't receiving calls (no notification at all) or it would ring about 3 times before dropping the call (shown as a missed call). I confirmed this by phoning from the landline as I think I've missed a few Sky call backs.

I always have the WiFi on and I've temporarily turned it off to test. Anyone else had similar? I'm on stock and up to date.

i_sagnik

Sep 3, 2021
West Bengal
Turn of WiFi Calling feature in cellular settings then try again. This happened to me when I was using MIUI where randomly sometimes I won't receive calls. After extreme fiddling I figured out turning off WiFi calling solved the problem.

Reactions: BlueMoonRising

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Turn of WiFi Calling feature in cellular settings then try again. This happened to me when I was using MIUI where randomly sometimes I won't receive calls. After extreme fiddling I figured out turning off WiFi calling solved the problem.
    2 Poco x3 pro 256gb 8gb here and both are with tianma displays. No touch screen issues. One has flickering on lowest and brightest - seen only 3 times for more than a month of usage. That's it.
    Its Plastic back cover that.... yes, you gusset it. It move as every plastic, and when you drop some weird loud bass, loudspeaker gonna push lots of air around it...
    Not to mention that Im sure it not really back cover, but just speakers them self that make noise, as we need to admit Poco X3 Pro have nice powerful speakers so it have some punch.
    Honestly almost every phone loudspeaker gonna get distorted sound when you max out sound... Not to mention that all depend on sound source.

If you Listen to music on phone speakers... well.... you probably annoy everyone else around you anyway as no normal person listen to FULL VOLUME music on phone... Not to mention movies...
    And as ringtone? its loud enough even at 70-80%, + you have vibration, notification led, and most of people today use smartband/smartwatch so its hard to miss a call. For anything else, just use BT or wired headphones.
    Issues:
    1. If the volume is high the back vibrates/trembles a bit.

2. When on a call, people around you may listen to the person you're having a call with because the earpiece is quite loud.

3. Some people complain about screen flickering/blinking on lowest brightness.

4. Audio is distorted/choppy on video recordings.

5. Some people complain about touch issues. More precisely, long swipes + holding = jitter (not stable) and some long swipes stop midway.

Solutions - fixes:
    1. It can be fixed in MIUI by enabling dev settings, searching for mono audio and changing audio balance to the right which reduces the volume from the left speaker / earpiece. In AOSP ROMs the option is in Settings > Accessibility > Audio balance. Personally, I got used to it and haven't changed anything. It gives a bass feeling. And it's not that noticeable when using a case.

2. It can be improved by doing the same as #1. For a more efficient solution, wait for a fix in custom ROMs.

3. It only happens on the lowest brightness: 1%. So just turn the brightness slider to >=2%. Poco X3 Pro's screen can go so dim that it almost goes completely off. This is really useful for people who use their phones in total darkness. Some custom ROMs have increased the minimum brightness value a bit.

4. It was fixed in 12.0.5.0 EEA and 12.0.6.0 Global stock MIUI and MIUI based custom ROMs. If you're on an older version, please update.

5. Check which display you have. According to dozens of reports so far, 9/10 of 8/256 vayu variants have Huaxing, 9/10 of 6/128 vayu variants have Tianma and all bhima variants have Tianma.
    If you have Huaxing, you're fine. If you have Tianma, most units should be fine: no swipe issues and no jitter at all. But even if you're among the unlucky ones, everything can be improved or even be completely fixed by using lybkernel TS-MOD variant which has tweakable touch sysfs.
    I have a Poco X3 Pro 6/128 and it has a Huaxing panel. So far, I haven't experienced any issues aside from the overheating. It's not really "that hot" but it's just a bit hotter than my old phone (Honor Play) with casual use. If I play graphic intensive games like Genshin Impact, it does get hot.
    For me:

1- I don't find it issue I'm okay.

2- You can reduce volume of call audio during the call.

3- Didn't notice this issue.

5- I got "Tianma" brand with 256/8 variant global. Didn't get ghost touch issue.

So I'm lucky 🙂

Regards