Question Poco X3 suddenly bricked

Search This thread

lechnerio

Jun 3, 2023
Vienna, Austria
Hi folks,

I really hope someone is able to help. I got a Poco X3 from a friend which is causing issues. According to her the phone started to lag and shut down yesterday. No pending updates. The phone had about 10% battery left.

After the phone died she plugged it into the charger and the battery symbole appeared. after that the phone went black again and never came back to life.

I tried doing the usual "let's try to fix it" but nothing seems to work here.

I've tried the following things:
  • pressing the power button for 10+ seconds
  • pressing power + vol down for 10+ seconds
  • pressing power + vol up for 10+ seconds
  • pressing power + vol up + vol down for 10+ seconds
  • plugging it into the pc and checking if the device can be accessed using the explorer
  • plugging it into the pc and checking for adb weather or not the device can be accessed
the phone hasn't developer settings enabled as far as I'm able to guess.

the strange thing that I noticed:
when plugging it into the pc the windows sound for a connected device plays. within the device manager a new entry appears:

Code:
QUSB_BULK_CID:0404_SN:812DDxxx

Any ideas how to fix this issue?

is it deadboot like no sign of life?, are you using your phone in gaming or occasionally gets overheat while playing? because if so, must be a cpu solder melt and got shorted which is the alot of cases of poco x3 pro being deadboot, mine as well experienced this and need to brought it to technician for a "cpu reball" check in youtube many people did reballing and solved their problem.

Last edited:

lechnerio

Jun 3, 2023
Vienna, Austria
absolutely no sign of life except the listing within the windows device manager.

as for overheating: it's not my phone and is primeraly used for social media, surfing and ocasionally providing the hotspot for a notebook. I woudln't bet that it was an issue previously.

Interesting nevertheless.

So, in short, if I understood this correctly after watching some videos, without reballing the change of getting the data from the phone is.. non existent?

I mean, it looks doable if you are a fine motorist

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
absolutely no sign of life except the listing within the windows device manager.

as for overheating: it's not my phone and is primeraly used for social media, surfing and ocasionally providing the hotspot for a notebook. I woudln't bet that it was an issue previously.

So, in short, if I understood this correctly after watching some videos, without reballing the change of getting the data from the phone is.. non existent?

Make sure to distinguish whether it is "POCO X3 Pro" or "POCO X3 (NFC)". These are 2 different phones.

This is not your phone, and if you had never done reballing the CPU, better not risk it. You could try to reball the CPU, with the risk of upsetting your friend when failing to do so.

Find shops that can do it and let them take the risk.

This phone has 2 year warranty in Europe. It is possible that the phone is still under warranty. Hardware issue could be repaired by Xiaomi/Redmi/Poco official repair center or customer service. However, there's chance that the data in the phone may be wiped.

If you find a non-official shop to try the repair, the warranty might be void.

Reactions: NotesOfReality

Itachi879

Dec 16, 2016
Nelspruit
Hi folks,

I really hope someone is able to help. I got a Poco X3 from a friend which is causing issues. According to her the phone started to lag and shut down yesterday. No pending updates. The phone had about 10% battery left.

After the phone died she plugged it into the charger and the battery symbole appeared. after that the phone went black again and never came back to life.

• plugging it into the pc and checking if the device can be accessed using the explorer
  • plugging it into the pc and checking for adb weather or not the device can be accessed

when plugging it into the pc the windows sound for a connected device plays. within the device manager a new entry appears:

Code:

I have the same issue. Mine suddenly stopped working on Tuesday, May 30th. It had around 79% battery and I have been trying to find a solution since.

R00TMe

Aug 21, 2018
Your phone is on the "EDL" mode aka Emergency DownLoad mode. From what I've seen I don't think that's actually possible to flash anything again with it since Xiaomi encrypted some stuff.

Link that may be useful :

Good luck finding stuff inside these.

Haynzu

Jun 12, 2023
The same happened on my Poco x3 pro. is there anyway to flash stock using edl mode for FREE?

NotesOfReality

Jan 16, 2015
Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro
Xiaomi Mi A2
The same happened on my Poco x3 pro. is there anyway to flash stock using edl mode for FREE?
I too have a Poco X3 Pro and the EDL tool by bkerler (it's a FOSS project) automatically loads this particular loader which is in an EDLAuth folder so I think it's totallly worth a shot.

Mind you I'm rather out of touch on Xiaomi's EDL authentication implementation so I cannot guarantee you anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Haynzu

NotesOfReality

Jan 16, 2015
Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro
Xiaomi Mi A2

If you manage to reboot it in EDL you can dump the userdata partition with a tool such as the one I linked above, although I don't really know how you could decrypt it if needed.
The only way to reboot it in EDL (VID: 05C6 , PID: 9008) probably is shorting the proper test points (pins) on its motherboard while the device is booting.
Here at XDA someone provided a photo to point them, however I cannot confirm whether they are the correct ones.

Last edited:

Haynzu

Jun 12, 2023
I too have a Poco X3 Pro and the EDL tool by bkerler (it's a FOSS project) automatically loads this particular loader which is in an EDLAuth folder so I think it's totallly worth a shot.

Mind you I'm rather out of touch on Xiaomi's EDL authentication implementation so I cannot guarantee you anything.
Hi there! Thanks for this infomation i'm willing to try this. Is there any video tutorial for this out there? I'm such a noob when it comes to these stuffs

NotesOfReality

Jan 16, 2015
Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro
Xiaomi Mi A2
Hi there! Thanks for this infomation i'm willing to try this. Is there any video tutorial for this out there? I'm such a noob when it comes to these stuffs
Just follow the readme in the repo to setup everything needed (possibly on baremetal linux I'd suggest) or boot the ISO provided by its dev and run ./edl printgpt --memory=ufs, if the device enters the firehose mode you can then use ./edl r <rest of the command, according to the readme> to dump any partition.

Unfortunately the loader linked to our device might not work , so you might have to wait an indefinite amount of time before we get a fully working one.

Don't forget you're gonna have to decrypt the dump of the userdata partition, and I don't know how to help you with that.

Reactions: Haynzu

Haynzu

Jun 12, 2023
Just follow the readme in the repo to setup everything needed (possibly on baremetal linux I'd suggest) or boot the ISO provided by its dev and run ./edl printgpt --memory=ufs, if the device enters the firehose mode you can then use ./edl r <rest of the command, according to the readme> to dump any partition.

Unfortunately the loader linked to our device might not work , so you might have to wait an indefinite amount of time before we get a fully working one.

Don't forget you're gonna have to decrypt the dump of the userdata partition, and I don't know how to help you with that.
Thanks! I'll give this a try

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Make sure to distinguish whether it is "POCO X3 Pro" or "POCO X3 (NFC)". These are 2 different phones.

This is not your phone, and if you had never done reballing the CPU, better not risk it. You could try to reball the CPU, with the risk of upsetting your friend when failing to do so.

Find shops that can do it and let them take the risk.

This phone has 2 year warranty in Europe. It is possible that the phone is still under warranty. Hardware issue could be repaired by Xiaomi/Redmi/Poco official repair center or customer service. However, there's chance that the data in the phone may be wiped.

If you find a non-official shop to try the repair, the warranty might be void.
    Hi folks,

Code:

I have the same issue. Mine suddenly stopped working on Tuesday, May 30th. It had around 79% battery and I have been trying to find a solution since.
    Your phone is on the "EDL" mode aka Emergency DownLoad mode. From what I've seen I don't think that's actually possible to flash anything again with it since Xiaomi encrypted some stuff.

Link that may be useful :

Good luck finding stuff inside these.