Question Poco X4 - netflix issue

Search This thread

markgosb

Sep 30, 2022
I have just purchased a Poco X4 and receive the following message for the Netflix App on playstore "the app is no longer compatible with your device . Contact developers for more info"
I have tried downloaing the apk file from Netflix but no luck getting it to work. Current Android version is 11 and MIUI global 13.0.9. Any advice on how to fix it?

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
I have just purchased a Poco X4 and receive the following message for the Netflix App on playstore "the app is no longer compatible with your device . Contact developers for more info"
I have tried downloaing the apk file from Netflix but no luck getting it to work. Current Android version is 11 and MIUI global 13.0.9. Any advice on how to fix it?
Maybe this will be help you
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/57688

markgosb

Sep 30, 2022
noss8, thanks but I have tried that and it didn't work. It does say that it works for android 4.4.2 to 7.1.2 , The poco X4 is running android 11.

markgosb

Sep 30, 2022
Is the play store certified ,
which model? 2201116SG for example.
Yes playstore certified. The model is 220116PG.

The operating system is MIUI Global 13.0.9 . Android version 11 RKQI 211001 001

I have looked at an older POCO X3 phone that runs Netflix without issues so maybe it is a problem with the later MIUI operating system . The operating system on olders X3 model is MIUI Global 13.0.2, android 12 but maybe someone can also help why an earlier MIUI system is based on android 12 whereas the later MIUI system is based on Android 11.

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Yes playstore certified. The model is 220116PG.

The operating system is MIUI Global 13.0.9 . Android version 11 RKQI 211001 001

I have looked at an older POCO X3 phone that runs Netflix without issues so maybe it is a problem with the later MIUI operating system . The operating system on olders X3 model is MIUI Global 13.0.2, android 12 but maybe someone can also help why an earlier MIUI system is based on android 12 whereas the later MIUI system is based on Android 11.
Post the full rom version ex:V13.0.4.0.SLOCNXM

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
MIUI Global 13.0.9 Stable 13.09.0(RKECEUXM)
Android version 11 RKQ1.211001.001
You have a VEUX EEA version which seems to stay on A11 unlike the global version which is in A12.
Capture web_1-10-2022_10361_xiaomifirmwareupdater.com.jpeg
Try to reset the phone or
Either you wait for the update or you unlock the bootloader to install the global version.
But Netflix works normally with older versions.
Try settings/security status/google play update

Last edited:
Try using Aptoide app store or search download Netflix APK uptodown