Question POCO X4 Pro 5G AMOLED screen shows some bright spots on dark/black images.

Search This thread

Danny Sia

May 19, 2022
Guys, I just received the update and I already update for my Poco X4 Pro.

So far what I know is they still not fix this display issue. The update was just a security patch.

And when we can receive android 12 for Poco X4 Pro

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-27-02-04-07-937_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-27-02-04-07-937_com.android.updater.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: scottlavish

pbatacan34

May 31, 2022
E121689C-02D8-4E12-9B1C-23BA4B10BF44.jpeg

I also have this on my x4 pro 5g. Taken by iphone 13 pro max hence very bright. It might be using low quality amoled screen. Anyone knows the fix?

Vincent Foxx

Jun 18, 2020
Brawley
I just found out something, i flashed stock rom to see if this problem existed as well. (I was on xiaomi eu rom) and it shows the same problem, except only when 120 refresh rate is turned on
when i switched it back to 60hz it showed true black.

so this shows it's a sofware problem not hardware imo. i will do the same on xiaomi eu, but i doubt it will be different.

ZeA_Quin

Jun 6, 2020
isn't the display of note 10/11 and their variants supposed to be supplied by samsung? or xiaomi secretly changed it. can anyone check their lcm info, if it says 38_0c then its made by samsung.

kruz_berry

Jun 2, 2022
I have tried unofficial pixel experience plus and unofficial Evolution X, this problem is present there maybe because of the perf kernel being used in unofficial custom roms for now

What is more annoying is screen flickering after setting the phone to be in 120hz refresh rate
Can you please tell me what kernel does the stock ROM is using? Because i have perf in stock as well.

balasuganth

Sep 20, 2015
Coimbatore
OnePlus 3T
POCO X4 Pro
I have the same issue with Redmi note 11 pro plus 5G which have the same hardware as poco X4 pro 5G. I thought it is a hardware issue so ordered a replacement. Getting it in few days. If it is software issue it will be present in the new device also. Let's see.

I have Mi 11i 5G also. No problem with that device.

Attachments

• IMG_20220626_194437.jpg
    IMG_20220626_194437.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20220626_195848.jpg
    IMG_20220626_195848.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:

balasuganth

Sep 20, 2015
Coimbatore
OnePlus 3T
POCO X4 Pro
I have the same issue with Redmi note 11 pro plus 5G which have the same hardware as poco X4 pro 5G. I thought it is a hardware issue so ordered a replacement. Getting it in few days. If it is software issue it will be present in the new device also. Let's see.

I have Mi 11i 5G also. No problem with that device.
Got the new replacement device and still have this problem.

balasuganth

Sep 20, 2015
Coimbatore
OnePlus 3T
POCO X4 Pro
Guys, try this app called Oreo colorizer. This solves the issue.

It forces the display to shift its color space to DCI-P3 instead of the default sRGB according to the below XDA thread.

So the issue is software related. NOT HARDWARE. Hope Xiaomi solves this issue by software update.

Danny Sia

May 19, 2022

It forces the display to shift its color space to DCI-P3 instead of the default sRGB according to the below XDA thread.

So the issue is software related. NOT HARDWARE. Hope Xiaomi solves this issue by software update.

I tried this app and yes, the issue already solved. The weird backlight grey already gone.

I'm 100% sure this issue is software related.

Reactions: jtanhw

davinceh

Jul 2, 2022
Hello all.
I also noticed this issue on my Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G (veux)

However, my light spot is a vertical line, along with the whole screen. The only place my screen is full dark is bottom right as you can see on the picture.
It happens in all scenarios (it's worst at 10%-50% brightness, almost none after 50%, then I can see at 90%-100% again)

Should I report it to Xiaomi if it's a software issue, or do they already know?

Attachments

• IMG_20220702_144529.jpg
    IMG_20220702_144529.jpg
    869.1 KB · Views: 10

Danny Sia

May 19, 2022
Hello all.
I also noticed this issue on my Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G (veux)

However, my light spot is a vertical line, along with the whole screen. The only place my screen is full dark is bottom right as you can see on the picture.
It happens in all scenarios (it's worst at 10%-50% brightness, almost none after 50%, then I can see at 90%-100% again)

Should I report it to Xiaomi if it's a software issue, or do they already know?
Yes, this is a software issue. You can help us by report it to Xiaomi.

arraki

Feb 26, 2014
POCO X4 Pro
Прихожу к вам с новой информацией !
Перейдите в раздел настройки системных приложений updater..it нет никаких белых пятен или каких-либо проблем! Черный там - это чистый черный цвет ! Пожалуйста, попробуйте и оставьте отзыв , брат ...

РЕДАКТИРОВАТЬ: единственное возможное решение этой проблемы, по моему скромному мнению, заключается в том, что они должны увеличить уровень серого в темном режиме и позволить нам включить опцию P3 в настройках, я предполагаю, что изображения, вызывающие эту проблему, не являются на 100% черными, поэтому это происходит.
A.w они должны позволить нам включить или отключить опцию p3, поскольку устройство ДОЛЖНО ЕЕ ПОДДЕРЖИВАТЬ.
We can also enable this feature and many other settings, but they don't seem to work.
Screenshot_2022-07-08-00-50-55-303_com.android.settings.jpg
Screenshot_2022-07-08-00-51-02-002_com.xiaomi.misettings.jpg
Here, I made a module for magisk, you can try it.

Attachments

• Mod_display.zip
    15 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

MmahrabSshaon

Jun 10, 2020
The dark mode problem is in hardware or software? Because, in recovery mode, fastboot mode and on first boot poco logo, the display shows pure original black... But when it starts up on miui logo, display's upper side bocomes lcd black not amoled black.. so, what the problem basically is? On software or hardware?

Can confirm this workaround works. The bleed is gone from my device. The screen is a bit saturated now, though, so it's not an optimal solution.

Reactions: jtanhw

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just disable 120hz and it goes back to showing pure blacks.
    Absolutely NOT true.
    ... At least in my case

Hello everyone! I just got my POCO X4 Pro 5G phone yesterday. I absolutely love using it to bits.
    However, I noticed that while browsing through content on medium (40 - 50%) brightness, the phone does not actually go fully dark. Some parts are lit up while others are not. (On dark videos and imagery, it is noticeable enough to really bother me even on just my first day of use.)
    To elaborate on my point, I have downloaded a completely black picture and displayed it on my phone.

I have attached the photos below.

275513745_1129114954488978_6138308308493212417_n.jpg
    Setup. (This is the phone displaying a completely black image on my gallery)

275570781_464626962076332_7702657492806435969_n.jpg
    Lights off (Captured on my Samsung A50 normal mode)

275709035_499222575038636_1820128928702185979_n.jpg
    Lights off (Captured on Night Mode)

I have tried to capture it on video, but it is simply not visible enough on video to be worth your time. You'll simply have to trust that I indeed downloaded a completely black image and displayed it on my gallery. (I wouldn't be posting here for no reason if I was lying, wouldn't I?)

Anyway, it is worth noting that on both higher (60-70%) and lowest (0-10%) brightness, the issue disappears completely (e.g. the screen completely shuts off as expected.) but then some of it return on maximum brightness.

Now I can definitely use the screen all the time on these settings, but I also want to ensure the longevity of my AMOLED screen, and it would suck to always be watching content on effectively only two brightness settings.

I have tried using AMOLED Fixer apps on Google Play but to no avail.

Does anyone else have this issue? Do you think it is fixable through software? Should I return the phone to POCO before it's too late?

Thank you for any responses in advance.
    I am not able to reproduce this on my device. I've tried all brightness levels, no weird spots on my end. Maybe you should RMA your device. But let's wait and see if anyone else is having this issue.
    I am not able to reproduce this on my device. I've tried all brightness levels, no weird spots on my end. Maybe you should RMA your device. But let's wait and see if anyone else is having this issue.
    Thanks for your input. I did find someone on reddit having a similar problem to mine, on his mi 11 lite. Unfortunately, the solution offered on his replies does not exist on my phone's settings (I can't find P3 anywhere).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/ouqbws
    This makes me feel like it could be a software issue, and I'm really liking everything else about the phone so far so I'm still thinking twice about going through the return process. But I still have some time to think about it for now. Please let me know if you find a similar problem with a potential solution!
    Just disable 120hz and it goes back to showing pure blacks.
    Absolutely NOT true.
    ... At least in my case