Question Poco X4 Pro | Automatic Switch Off

Search This thread

Jezhek

Mar 27, 2022
I suggest to keep on sending your reports to xiaomi on "Services and comments", I had the issue on MIUI Vers 13.0.2, 13.0.4 and 13.0.5 until 13.0.8 got it fixed.

Some users got their phones fixed on MIUI 13.0.4, others on 13.0.5 and so on. Now some are getting it fixed with the new 13.0.9.

Probably you'll have to wait to new updates until it fixes the reboot issue. I was about to return the phone to the seller (an already sent the return e-mail xD) but MIUI 13.0.8 got it fixed.

I don't recommend trying Custom ROMS or Root, if the phone is still on the warranty period, so you can ask for a refund to your seller. Using these will make your warranty void.

In the mean time, I suggest you to disable the location services to stop the issue, I had to use the phone this way for 2 weeks until the MIUI 13.0.8 update fixed this problem. Sadly, you won't be able to use apps like Maps, Uber, Didi, etc that needs location services.

Hope you get an update that fixes your reboot issue soon.

Apr 8, 2022
same happens ti me.
It happens After some time of inactivity, when it's locked
Did you find a solution?
Recebi o meu ontem. E esta acontecendo a mesma coisa. Depois de um tempo de inatividade ele desliga sozinho. Já atualizei a MIUI, aplicativo. Fiz wipe data e nada resolveu. Só hoje foram 10 vezes.

Mod Edit: English Translation Below

I received mine yesterday. And the same thing is happening. After a while of inactivity it turns itself off. I have already updated the MIUI, application. I did wipe data and nothing worked. Just today it was 10 times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 9, 2022
SOLUTION - POCO X4 PRO SHUT DOWN BUG / TURNS OFF BUG.

This bug kept me searching throw all internet, but I couldn't find any answers to this related.

So I tried to fix it on myself and luckily yes I found a solution till Xiaomi/Poco will fix it via ota update. I think in the next 2 updates it will be fixed.

It's definitely a software bug, NOT HARDWARE RELATED at least in a lot of cases.

So here the solution.
Just turn on power battery mode in battery settings. That's it. With this setting enabled your phone will not turn off any more. 🥵😬

Some important news.
For the moment I'm using my phone on power battery mode with location services disabled the most time. Till now I don't have tested the reaction with location services enabled.

But yes ...I hope it will work for you too guys.

Greetings from Spain 🇪🇸🤙✌️

Apr 9, 2022

This bug kept me searching throw all internet, but I couldn't find any answers to this related.

So I tried to fix it on myself and luckily yes I found a solution till Xiaomi/Poco will fix it via ota update. I think in the next 2 updates it will be fixed.

It's definitely a software bug, NOT HARDWARE RELATED at least in a lot of cases.

So here the solution.
Just turn on power battery mode in battery settings. That's it. With this setting enabled your phone will not turn off any more. 🥵😬

Some important news.
For the moment I'm using my phone on power battery mode with location services disabled the most time. Till now I don't have tested the reaction with location services enabled.

Apr 9, 2022

So here the solution.

Some important news.

Some more great tips to make fly your POCO X 4 Pro.

Enable DEVELOPER OPTIONS.
In developer Options put all animations to 0.5 or disable them directly, you will notice a big change.

Also I would really recommend you to disable the extra ram option and restart your phone after.

My Android Versión: 11
Miui Versión: 13.0.5

Apr 9, 2022
I suggest to keep on sending your reports to xiaomi on "Services and comments", I had the issue on MIUI Vers 13.0.2, 13.0.4 and 13.0.5 until 13.0.8 got it fixed.

Some users got their phones fixed on MIUI 13.0.4, others on 13.0.5 and so on. Now some are getting it fixed with the new 13.0.9.

Probably you'll have to wait to new updates until it fixes the reboot issue. I was about to return the phone to the seller (an already sent the return e-mail xD) but MIUI 13.0.8 got it fixed.

I don't recommend trying Custom ROMS or Root, if the phone is still on the warranty period, so you can ask for a refund to your seller. Using these will make your warranty void.

In the mean time, I suggest you to disable the location services to stop the issue, I had to use the phone this way for 2 weeks until the MIUI 13.0.8 update fixed this problem. Sadly, you won't be able to use apps like Maps, Uber, Didi, etc that needs location services.

Hope you get an update that fixes your reboot issue soon.
Very good answer friend.i was doing already the same, wanted to return it already to Amazon. In my case I found a solution for it till it get fixed by a update. Have to use the phone in power battery mode. Also location services disabled. No shut downs at all.

Greetings

Apr 9, 2022
wait. mine one did not reboot for past 2 days, and today did it 4 times already :(
Il sure this problem will be fixed in the next updated! It's definitely a software problem.

Try to put you phone in power battery mode.
In my casa my phone tuned off itself sometimes. Now it's working perfectly.

Not sure really if location services can be enabled. In my case I have disabled them and everything working great. Waiting for the next miui update.

Greetings

jarzab

Dec 16, 2006
Il sure this problem will be fixed in the next updated! It's definitely a software problem.

Try to put you phone in power battery mode.
In my casa my phone tuned off itself sometimes. Now it's working perfectly.

Not sure really if location services can be enabled. In my case I have disabled them and everything working great. Waiting for the next miui update.

Greetings
Did everything you said. Still rebooting. Yrsterday 3 times, today already 1 time

Reactions: GioAndroiidPro
Apr 9, 2022
Hmmm...really sorry. Some things seem to work for some devices and some not. In my case my phone was turning of. Really wired because one whole day it worked for me and today morning I found my phone turned off again....really annoying!

I think we have to wait for the next updates.
Now I'm really thinking about to return the phone to Amazon and get a Realme.

Very fluid devices and very good optimized. I have already a Realme GT Master Edition and it's freekin fluid. Maybe will go for the GT Neo 2. Will see, but I really love the design of my Poco X4 Pro.

Have a nice day

Reactions: taironeescobar

jarzab

Dec 16, 2006
Hmmm...really sorry. Some things seem to work for some devices and some not. In my case my phone was turning of. Really wired because one whole day it worked for me and today morning I found my phone turned off again....really annoying!

I think we have to wait for the next updates.
Now I'm really thinking about to return the phone to Amazon and get a Realme.

Very fluid devices and very good optimized. I have already a Realme GT Master Edition and it's freekin fluid. Maybe will go for the GT Neo 2. Will see, but I really love the design of my Poco X4 Pro.

Have a nice day
So yours is turning off, mine is rebooting, but only partialy. Three is no POCO logo, just MIUI logo and it last 2 second and phone is online again. One bad thing is that I have input code, didnt unlock with fingerprint.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2022
People, the problem seems to POCO Launcher.. i'm using nova launcher since last night and no reboot happened at least until now, zero reboots overnight in idle mode.

Try another launcher and please let's tell our experiences.:cowboy:
Teste outro Launcher e também não resolveu aqui. Utilizei o NOVA launcher.

Mod Edit: English Translation Below

Test another Launcher and it didn't work here either. I used NOVA launcher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GioAndroiidPro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tell me guys. Yours X4 turns completely off, or restarts. Because i read about turning off. My one dont turn off, just restart somehow, but not completely. It last 2 seconds and phone is "rebooted".

Mine is completely turning itself off and doesn't turn back on until I notice and manually boot it up again....very frustrating!
    Hi all,

I contacted customer support about this again and they said it sounds like a software issue and after checking their system they told me that it's a known issue to the developers, so an update should be coming out at some point to fix it. They wouldn't give me a time scale, but I hope that it will be quite soon...Fingers crossed! 🤞

Cheers.
    Just another person adding my voice - I also have this issue. My phone turns itself off regularly. Pretty certain it's a software problem though, as when something is running, like Spotify, I experience no shut-downs and generally the phone runs well when in operation.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon, as I really like this device. I think submitting frequent feedback via the form in Miui is a good idea 👍
    Just another person adding my voice - I also have this issue. My phone turns itself off regularly. Pretty certain it's a software problem though, as when something is running, like Spotify, I experience no shut-downs and generally the phone runs well when in operation.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon, as I really like this device. I think submitting frequent feedback via the form in Miui is a good idea 👍
    Just today I found it turned off after 2 days working well. Now I send it back to Amazon, will go for an other device. :(

But for sure the problem will be fixed in near future updates.

Have luck friend. Greetings
    13.0.9.0, still the problem